Fantasy Draft crash when more than 40 teams

Very fringe "bug" and probably not something 99.999% of players will ever have to worry about but I created an NHL with 48 teams and I wanna start it with a fantasy draft but every time I try it crashes when trying to display the fantasy draft screen, most likely cause the GUI doesn't know where to put team 41-48 and freaks out. Also tried it with 40 and 41 one teams for bug tracking purposes and that's where the cutoff is.

Thanks for looking into it! :)
Also, as a follow up to the last problem, I did a simulation of a 48 team season while skipping the fantasy draft and it worked fine until the Stanley Cup final concluded and then immediately crashed. My guess is that it crashes when trying to allocate draft spots for the entry draft and therefore I'm guessing the problem is related to the fantasy draft problem.

• 3 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

Thanks for the reports. I've fixed the initial issue of the 40+ team fantasy draft for 1.5 update now but I'd like to look at the end of season issue as well. Do you have a saved game from the start, right before the fantasy draft with such a 48 team league ? If so, could you upload it to our ftp and let me know the file name so I can pick it up ?

Don't have a save before the fantasy draft, can't even make one as it crashes as soon as the fantasy draft setup screen tries to load and thus before I even have an opportunity to save. I do have one shortly before the end of the Stanley Cup playoffs though. And since you already fixed the fantasy draft issue I'm guessing that's the one you actually wanted. Anyway, I uploaded it to the fm/game-save folder under the name EHM48teams.sav. Just simulate until a team wins the cup and it should crash immediately.

• SI Staff

Thanks, will look into that save as well !

Edit: Forgot that the fantasy draft bug would have caused a crash before you could even save, but the end of season save is relevant without the fantasy draft element so that'll do nicely.

• SI Staff

Found the issue from that saved game. It was not related to the draft positions actually but the determination of the regular season champions. Will get that fixed for the 1.5 update as well. Thanks again for the save, I'm going to use it to run a few more soak tests to catch any other possible issues with 45+ team leagues.

Archived