1st (half)season stats not resetting correctly on June 30th?

My current FM17 save started in Noway, February 2017 (to get the new transfers active already, and other Aug-May leagues up and running).

I got several job requests turned down but finally got hired by Spezia in Italian Serie B, with just 8 games to go and a relatively clear path to avoiding relegation (the squad was good, just mismanaged).

So it was all fine and dandy, I brought some players back from loan, signed just a couple of decent new faces, got rid of high-earning deadwood... The usual 1st transfer campaign at a new club, and I was ready for the new season.

However, after matchday 1 (2017-18) I got news that two of my players had triggered the 1-year clause after having played "20 matches" in their final season... To my surprise, the players stats had NOT been reset at the end of the previous season, so effectively I have players with 30+ games in 2017-18, despite being late August!

What's up with that?

The only players with 2016-17 stats are those who were on loan, or who played in a Jan-Nov league. All the others go from 2015-16 (so, not in-game stats) to 2017-18, with all the games played in the previous "ghost" season counting as the new one.

Is that because I selected a late starting date? That never happened in previous iterations of FM as far as I can remember.

Guess what, stats reset hit on Jan 1st... at least for Italian leagues.

EPL and Championship are fine, and so are inactive leagues... The bug affects only the nation I ended up playing, while having started the game in a solar-year nation.

Archived