First time with with FM and York CIty FC

free_world33

It is my first time playing FM and decided to pick York City to manage, lets just say it has been a rough go for the first few weeks.  Before the season even started, we had 7 or 8 of our top players hurt for an extended period of time, so new players were brought in.  Some have worked out well so far, others are looking to be busts and i'll try shipping them out in the next transfer window.  We went on a run of winless matches but now with important players coming back from injury and a system devised for attacking with forwards and wingers. Now it seems that we are turning around in form and have begun putting together a string of good matches. 

Unfortunately, I was fired at York before the season ended but I did find a new club at the level below York.  58ba4e36f2d5d_RyanFreeman_Inbox.thumb.png.472782f1ddad47d5cf59dfcee9382f09.png I joined Margate and was given the task of not being relegated since they are fighting relegation.  The board agreed to acquire better coaching for the youth team and to find a parent club to bring in some players on loan.  Hopefully, now I can be successful without having huge tasks like I did at York. 

Will post again once the season is over, hopefully I do not get the team relegated.  

Luckily, we made a little run of not losing any games and won three in a row.  We avoided relegation and even got mid table at the 16th spot in the table.  Unfortunately, we had to let some of our more important players go due to not wanting to resign and because of budget issues.  So far in the summer transfer window we did bring in some replacements that are pretty good, now we just need to find more depth in positions by signing new guys and in our youth system.  Needing to find a new senior affiliate club because Peterbourgh wont give us guys on loans.  This season will be tough because of the board wanting a finish in the top half of the league and possibly challenge for a playoff spot.  Hopefully, at the end of this season we can do just that.

we aren't living up to expectations that I had for this season, we keep having massive drops in form which leads to us losing matches in bunches but then I flip things around and we start to play better.  What the biggest problem was are tackling so I instructed the squad to tackle harder which makes them tackle better but we are getting carded more often then we already are.  Also my centrebacks will give up through balls to forwards like its nothing luckily for the most part I have a very aggressive keeper that will come out and meet the forward coming in.  However, if we want any chance of making the playoffs we need to go on a run to even have a chance.

Margate_  Senior Matches.jpg

The biggest bright spot on this club is the pure goal scoring ability of my Target man Daniel Akindayini with 18 goals in the league.  This guy is usually the one who either gets us back into games or close games out for us, and whenever we need a goal he usually delivers big time, what is unfortunate that he is one of our more expensive players and I don't know how I am going to keep him on Margate.  I either resign him and build what I lost around non contracts and youth players or let him go and have some money to play with to sign core guys back and get a forward on loan.  Going to have to wait and see If he wants to sign or if he asks to much at the end of the season. 

Daniel Akindayini_ Overview Profile.jpg

Some of my important guys on the squad are guys we brought in on loan.  Morgan Ferrier is probably the most talented of the loanees,  coming in from Boreham Wood he brings another attacking presences into the side.  He also gives Akindayini free roam, because Morgan attracts attention.  He has only been with us for about a month and he has already hit double digits in goals, we were really lacking in attack so that's why he is an incredibly important guy in the squad for us. 

Morgan Ferrier_ Overview Profile.jpg

Well unfortunately, I will not be able to resign Akindyini due to his outrageous salary demands being at 70k, which Margate simply cannot afford but with his current salary be taken off the books hopefully we can bring in quality players with the extra money.   

Archived