Bristol Rovers Promotion Push Help

Hello fellow FM'ers

In a bit of a rut in my FMT save with Bristol Rovers, despite the board expecting us to battle against relegation this year(First season), I've managed to get the boys to top of League 1 at the start of Jan. However, in a routine 2-1 win over Walsall at home, my keeper(Kelle Roos) caught a meaningless cross in the 89th minute and broke a finger......now out for 6-8 weeks. Along with Matty Taylor getting injured in training for 2 weeks(Top scorer with 21 goals so far) then returning and not scoring for 2 games, we out of the blue lost 4 games in a row(albiet 2 were against 2nd place Rochdale and 4th place Sheff UTD) conceding 13 goals, despite having the 5th best defence in the league and top scorers in the league before this run of defeats. Our GD has gone from 21 to 9, and we've dropped from 1st with a 6 point gap to 4th. 

It is tight at the top, and we've already put together some good league runs this year including 11 games without losing so I'm not hugely worried, but surely this all can't just be because I've lost the keeper?! I'd love some tips if anyone has experienced similar to get the team out of this rut of form as I can't put my finger on whats going wrong. I haven't majorly changed the tactics or players, surely we haven't just been drastically over performing all year and now its all going to come apart?!

Secondly, if anyone has any recommendations for some good level championship signings for to get in in the summer I'd love to hear them, assuming I go up. Got a fair few very average squad players who definitely wouldn't cut it in the championship with contracts running out, along with 6 loan deals ending, 2 of which are very key players this year. The squad will need some talent in the summer if we are to survive going up, I can't imagine I'll be given anything major in terms of transfer budget so if anyone knows of players with contracts running out at this level in Summer 2017 in the game I'll check them out. Want to get started early on scouting. 

Thanks for any help, and sorry for the lengthy post!

Archived