How do I disable regens using the names of people created from the editor?

Anyone knows how to disable the ability for regens to use names of players created by the editor? I named my assistant manager Ass. Man and its starting to pop up as part of regen or greyed out players' names. Pretty funny at first but I'd like to have normal names back please hah.

That's how it works with the name database. It uses, what you created. All what you could do now is either to use the nicknames option or an lnc file to change the name with this command:

"CHANGE_PLAYER_NAME" "ID" "Surname" "" "Name"

Just now, KUBI said:

That's how it works with the name database. It uses, what you created. All what you could do now is either to use the nicknames option or an lnc file to change the name with this command:

"CHANGE_PLAYER_NAME" "ID" "Surname" "" "Name"

So I'd basically have to do this for every player then? Not really familiar with creating Inc files.

Yes, for every Ass. Man who is generated by the game. 

Save the file with the extension .lnc and put it into the lnc folder in the data /game directory, not user directory)

Re-load your saved game and the players will have new names.

Just now, KUBI said:

Yes, for every Ass. Man who is generated by the game. 

Save the file with the extension .lnc and put it into the lnc folder in the data /game directory, not user directory)

Re-load your saved game and the players will have new names.

Ahhh so I'm guessing it'll be quite a hassle then. Thanks for your help anyway. Guess I'll have to live with seeing Ass. Man once in a while then. Great to get such a fast reply :)

Archived