Unemployed - Will Work For Anyone

ashton321

Unemployed - Will Work For Anyone

job_centre_plus_display.png

I have recently rediscovered my love for this game after being off for a while and then not being able to find any game that tickles my fancy. I have decided to come back with a Journeyman thread, I am playing on touch as I am little bit pushed for time these days. 

I have started my journey as an unemployed English Manager with experience of playing Semi Pro Football. I turned down a few jobs, in order to find something that would fit me and then this came up

pKJNeUs.jpg?1

It has been a little bit of a struggle for them so far this year and they find themselves deep in a relegation dogfight. 

mV8Kgwz.jpg?1

The first aim is to try and get the club further up the table and out of the relegation zone. My first port of call is an FA Cup game at home to Nantwhich its not a bad start who does not love a little cup run. Altrincham have a history of being giant killers recording 17 victories over league clubs. This is a record for anytime who have spent there entire history in the non league structure. 

Altrincham - 2016/2017 - National League

League - Bit of an up and down season for us. We could never quite pull far away enough from the relegation zone for it to be easy for us. In the end we wrapped up survival with two games to go which set me at ease a little bit. 

Competitions - We managed to win our first game in the FA Cup before going out to league opposition in the first round in a very close game. In the Trophy we were outstanding throughout. At stages it became a bit of an issue and did effect our league form but in the end it is always nice to seal a trophy. 

Transfers - Only the one player signed by me a decent young striker

Finance - Pretty good actually really helped by the good Trophy run.

Stars

Jimmy Lee - On loan from Port Vale, won player of the National League. A really good player. I will be looking to bring him again next year

Shaun Densmore - Decent right back, we really missed him towards the end of the year when he was injured

Jordan Sinnott -Midfielder who controlled things for us. I would like him to be here next year but he is not having it with any contract talks

Next Year

I would like to be a bit more secure next year and hopefully not have to worry about the drop zone throughout.

Year           Club              League        Position            Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17        Altrincham        National      17th                Took over in November, FA Trophy Winners

Altrincham - 2017/2018 - National League

League - A good season we were mid table and this was all I could really hope for. We did get mixed up in the play off race for a short time but could not keep the consistency needed, in the end mid table was about right for us. 

Competitions - Again we got through to the FA Cup 1st round but once again we were knocked out against League opposition. In the trophy we were not as successful as we lost out in a close game

Transfers - A few guys came in who immediately made the team much more competitive. 

Finance - Still decent but has gone down a little bit from last year

Stars

Jimmy Lee - Came on loan and once again smashed the league he really is too good for this level

Shaun Densmore - Was made club captain this year and responded with another superb season

Brendan Daniels - Fantastic from my left midfielder was really creative for us

Next Year

I am done here now I will wait for my contract to run down and then I am off to seek pastures new. I am going to try and get a job with a league team

Year           Club              League        Position            Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17        Altrincham        National      17th                Took over in November, FA Trophy Winners
2017/18        Altrincham        National       9th           

Archived