[FM15] Glentoran - Let Me Take You On A Journey....

thehazeofspades

wrbiUcd.png

Glentoran 2025/2026 Half Season Update

League Position and Fixtures

tJJmFD8l.png

Uc81dIzl.png

PQAWcdPl.png

xJB2P2Nl.png

o09jJmFl.png

Breezing through the season, but disappointed with Linfield's position. But forget that, Europe went amazingly, although how we can draw twice against PSG, beat Atletico Madrid, yet struggle against Anderlecht is beyond me. So who did we draw in the second round? None other than...

IQ9cfcel.png

Squad and Key Players' Profiles

RN264zZl.png

rF9xWg8l.png

Gabrielle Mongrevo - Accustomed to life really quickly in Northern Ireland, and overtook Andre Atah as our starting right winger.

Michael Duffy - Has a way of popping up and disappearing season to season, but he's showed up this season for sure.

Mitchel Cathalina - Differs from Chris O'Neill in that he's consistent, but scores less than Chris in bunches. A really good one two combo we have.

Transfers

aLgk5Jhl.png

Ok deep breath then...

Andre Atah was sold through me offering him out. He just wasn't the same player due to a long term injury he acquired last season, and Mongrevo was head and shoulders above him.

Chris Craig on the other hand was a superstar in the making. 18, 3 stars CA and 5 stars PA. Which played a factor in me selling him I think, as I really want these players to develop to superstars, and right now, our facilities can't provide that. Chelsea and United came in for offers on deadline day, and we managed to put in a 20% transfer fee clause as well. Will definitely try to loan him in next season, and if anyone has any clue what to call him for the player watch that would be great because I'm lost. Here he is in red. It looks disgusting.

Daniel Wells - Popped up as an agent offered him to me, and influenced my decision to sell Andre Atah. Been playing really well, and competing with Juanjo for that starting AM spot.

Pekka Kekki - Not sure what it is with me and Fins, but I like the look of him, and I feel he is definitely underrated by my staff. Has started well.

Player Watch

Bang For Your Buckley - Still doesn't play for Arsenal, but at least he's improving and playing for Ireland. Derek Buckley at leave.
What's in the Murky Waters? - His heading is still atrocious, but has been playing well for Celtic so what do I know. John Waters at leave.

Finances

6WN8q1rl.png

The positives of all these sales is it allows me to improve my finances and improve facilities. Hopefully.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wrbiUcd.png

Glentoran 2025/2026 Youth Intake

cKywvHkl.png

A very good intake here (remember that this is compared to our team, and until we can improve our youth recruitment (which can be improved with reputation improvements to club and country) the standard of Northern Irish youth will not compare to Mitchell Cathalina for example unless we nurture them and get lucky like Connor Ferris and Chris Craig). For those wondering, we didn't change our HoYD (which is Peter Crouch if you wondered what he'll do after he retires).

Wayne Cassidy YP26A - Really good attributes for a deep lying playmaker, so that's where I'll move him, especially since there's no way I'll play an attacking midfielder with 1 finishing and 5 dribbling.

Volker Pauli YP26B - Where did you come from? Yes we have loads of German staff at the club (aka a coach and a scout), but a German coming through is big. Would've expected him to have a better PA, but I do like his attributes and he only needs work on his  marking.

Barry Sinclair YP26C - I tend to always sign fullbacks who aren't dreadful because they're hard to find and can always be good backups for the domestic scene.

Bryan Murray YP26D - A keeper. Because we always produce those.

euVJGpjl.png

yBY1aB2l.png

Expected, but maybe not as dreadful as we played, this just goes to show how much work we have left. All helps the coefficient and the finances though.

wrbiUcd.png

Glentoran 2025/2026 End of Season Update

League Position and Fixtures

lLmNg8jl.png

UNcyg6Al.png

A brilliant season. With us going unbeaten in the league, getting a new record for goals and points, and reaching the knockout round of the CL, this cannot be classified as anything but a success. The only gutting thing about this seasons, and a huge loss at that is the relegation of Linfield. Pathetic.

Squad and Key Players' Profiles

LHXikEUl.png

8UEamXZl.png

Mitchell Cathalina - No doubt signing of the season (and in my good books as well), the challenge will be keeping on to him as he's wanted by 16 clubs including AC Milan.

Daniel Wells - Another signing made this year, and he's also been top notch, to the point where I'm thinking of cashing in on Juanjo for this guy.

Richard Logan - Always a pleasure seeing a youth player grow to be a top top player.

Transfers

amyQU4Ql.png

Gabriele Mogavero - All in all a good decision to cash in on Andre Atah as Gabi had a good debut season.

Steve Sims - Depending on how player sales go, and if we can get Chris Craig back, Steve might be coming back on loan next season.

Max Carroll - Was brilliant and will attempt to re-sign him as he really made that left wing position his own.

Pekka Kekki - Still don't think he's as bad as my scouts say he is, played a few matches and did well.

Player Watch

Bang For Your Buckley - No matches played, no loan, yet somehow improving ever so slightly. Maybe I'll try to loan him if I sell Juanjo. Derek Buckley at leave.

What's in the Murky Waters? - Ah, now I see why they bought him. A steal at 65k, his attributes are really starting to take shape now. John Waters at leave.

It's a Craig Christmas - Made his debut (sort of) for United, will try to sign him on loan next season. My baby needs to come back. Improved ever so slightly in just a short amount of time. Chris Craig at leave.

Northern Irish Teams in Europe

#Garbage. Knockbreda lost to Botev (BUL) 0-2 and 0-3, 0-5 on aggregate, Newington Youth to Aktobe (KAZ) 0-5 and 0-2, 0-7 on aggregate, and most disappointingly, Portadown to Zaria of ****ing Moldova 0-0 and 0-1, 0-1 on aggregate.

Finances

tPdRoI6l.png

Is this what being rich feels like?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived