Game loads too many unused teams - long loading times

Koki

I am working on a custom database and I am helpless as to why the game suddenly loads so many teams. Even if I only select the highest tier at startup. I made several steps in the project, all within one nation and editor file:

First: 1 Tier (9 leagues), total 9 Leagues (90 teams total, 40k players estimated)

Second: 2 Tiers (9 leagues), total 18 Leagues (180 teams total, 42k players estimated)

Third: 3 Tiers (9 leagues), total 27 Leagues (270 teams total, 45k players estimated)

Fourth: 5 Tiers (9 leagues), total 45 leagues + 180 teams to get promoted (630 teams in total, 105k players estimated)

Why the sudden jump of teams to load? Do you have any ideas or recommendations, what I could change? I feel that the loading of unneeded teams slows down the game unnecessarily. There are 630 teams in my league system, even if each team had 100 players and staff, it should only amount to 63k.

It's on small. So no extra options enabled.

Even if I delete tier No. 4 and 5 in the editor and all cups that refer to the lower leagues, the estimated player count does not go back to 45k but stays over 100k :(

Thanks for the responses, KUBI and Barside. I was really hitting a dead end there. Now I have a new lead, although I don't know how I can do it yet.

It turns out that the game loads teams that I have in unused leagues which aren't part of the active league system. They're called Lower Pools. I use them to store teams I might need later on in the editing process. For better understanding, my league system is as follows:

A1-A2-A3-A...-A9 (top level, 9 divisions)

B1-B2-B3-B...-B9 (2nd level, 9 divisions)

C1-C2-C3-C...-C9 (3rd level, 9 divisions)

D1-D2-D3-D...-D9 (4th level, 9 divisions)

E1-E2-E3-E...-E9 (5th level, 9 divisions)

--------------------

Pool1-Pool2-Pool3-Pool...-Pool9 (to handle promotions and relegations from the lowest playable league, inactive, lowest listed league in the league structure in the editor. Reputation=80)

--------------------

Lower Pools (the division causing the problem. There are no links to other divisions. No promotion/relegation. They are set as extinct. The reputation of all divisions and teams is 1 but the teams are still loaded at startup).

Now how do I stop the game from loading these teams? :D

The game does load all clubs from active leagues/nations by default. You need to change the nation for the lower pool clubs to a country you don't load into the game.

Archived