when using downloaded leagues..

I finally added the French lower leagues in my game and started a save. This is the first time I'm using extra leagues and I did select to add players to teams. The issue is my squad is very thin. Is this always the case when you add players to leagues like that? Of course I have zero transfer budget or wage budget but I really do need to bring in at least 2 players to fill out my squad.

I'm strongly against adding any money to my budget via the editor. Is there a better way to make sure your squad is complete when starting a save like this? I mean I could go into the season with this team, but with a couple of injuries Id be forced to use grey players.

What do you mean by complete? Part of the problems faced by a lower league manager is small or unbalanced squads, being able to succeed while contending with such problems is what sets you apart from other lower league managers & hopefully show you're worthy of managing a bigger club.

Edit: On the second post I expect you used the add players to playable teams option as this creates a mix of generated players to increase squad sizes to a manageable level.

i was using 0ne that had lower non playable leagues in it and my issue was coaches. wasnt enough to go around so you could hire no coaches. you could always click add players to your squad. Not 100 percent sure if its in advanced options when you start a save but i know its in the editor.

Not on my FM computer now but I think my first team had maybe 16 or 17 players. I have played some LLM so I know half the battle is dealing with a small and unbalanced squad, but just seems like I got shorted just a bit. I guess I'll just press on and use some of my U-18 players.

Did not know you could sign the greyed out players. I think I'll only sign them if it gets dire, they're absolute garbage!

EDIT: ON another note, I was thrilled to see real life players in my team. Why is it that when I started an LLM save in the Vanarama South I didn't get any real life players on the team?

as far as the greyed out players, go to your team report and then comparision. look what the league average ratings are. then look at those greyed out guys and perhaps one is real good at one thing but lousy at the others. I did that in Van. North with Stourbridge or whatever and found a striker who was fast but terrible at everything else. Outside of one hilarious attempt at scoring at an empty net when the goalie had fell and missing everything, he was very good for me just due to his speed.

Good to know thanks. Didn't even know that you could look at the league average on attributes. I do know all it takes is a couple of position appropriate attributes to be a decent player, but those walls of grey 4-5's don't exactly inspire confidence.

Archived