marco reus

After my save file getting corrupted I started a new save with Arsenal (I know, I know back up saves, etc.). I was just blazing through setting up my team to get into the season quickly. I was looking at Marco Reus and saw that he had the "interact with board" option in transfer offer. Having never signed him in FM decided to let the board buy him for me.

Not on my FM computer now but I think he cost us about 65 million pounds. He has been, to put it nicely, awful. His morale has stayed at poor except for the one decent game he had in a derby which briefly gave him 'fairly good' morale. I've gotten a couple of messages saying "Reus is attempting to fit in with his professional teammates". Meanwhile in his happiness it's all positives, nothing negative like "struggling to adapt to professional squad". And he's got I think it is either a resolute or resilient mentality.

Not sure what to do as he's become an extremely expensive rotation player. I've never had this type of situation. We paid an exorbitant fee for him so I'm stuck. Is there anything I can do to help him out? Buy someone off his preferred player list? It's still halfway through his first season, will he sort it out over time?

I should add that I don't find this unrealistic at all. I know this happens to players all the time, ie Torres, Falcao, and many other stars really struggling after a move (or sometimes the manager just doesn't like them). In a weird way I like that this happened, but not sure what I can do to improve his morale/form.

Marco Reus has played in Germany his whole career and lived there his whole life, not saying this should have a massive factor but it might play some part. Check his personality aswel and check the squads personality and you'll then find the problem.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I know that's the problem he's having as I've gotten a couple of things (inbox items I think) saying that he's "attempting to fit in with teammates" or something like that.

I'm just wondering if it can be turned around or not. I've bought players who don't blend well in terms of mentality, but they manage to do a job for me and their morale doesn't suffer. This is the first time I've had a player be a total bust, or at least so far he is. What can I do?

Archived