Youth Scouting/ Academy development

First of all I'm sorry if this has been done before I attempted to search for all the various keywords I could think of that might relate to a thread like this and found nothing that came close to my query.

Currently Arsenal coming to the end of the second season in charge and have a good young first team that i feel doesn't need adding to in the summer so wanted to concentrate on youth. First off i have had a request to update the youth facilities accepted so that is being started soon. Now i wanted to bring in some talented youngsters to develop for the future. First off I sent out a few scouts looking for different types of players. Hot prospects and replacements for certain players etc and also instructed Wenger to find youngsters to sign but i finalise everything. Also restructured my youth coaches and managers so that when i signed the players they would have the best chance of achieving their potential. All sounded promising.......

It has been over 6 months since i did all of this now and so far my scouts have made one report between 5 of them and Wenger has done nothing, not even attempted an offer for a youngster. My budget is £95m so not like he doesn't have the money to spend and two of the scouts are looking for players with PA of 3+ stars so not like they are looking for anyone amazing for a club as big as Arsenal. Not sure if i am missing something?

Is Wenger your Assistant/Director of Football ?

Director of football. Looked at all my scouts/staff stats and his judge of player potential and ability is second to none and also good at working with youngsters (I have no idea if that helps but can't hurt surely?)

To get the best youngsters I tend to assign my scouts to specific youth leagues. So since I have Spain, France, Belgium, England etc loaded. I assign scouts to watch 2nd tier level and youth level football. This increases my youth pool. I also always go into u21 national teams and get the scouting pool to scout each player for 3 games. And this is the only pro active method I've seen produce results for me instead of waiting for Director of Football or Head of Youth to make signings.

Archived