[FM16] The Nursery II: Electric Boogaloo

Dev'o

Okay, so I've learnt from my first shot at the Youth Academy challenge that selecting a squad with no youth academy players hurts. As such, having seen how much our friend on the Kapka FC save is enjoying himself, I've decided to go the Create-a-club route. I'll start in National North, and hopefully make my way through a few seasons with a bit of luck.

So, the idea would be to build up a club as an 'academy' club in a closed lower division. No transfers, but given the fact they're expecting to finish last, it shouldn't be an issue, and will allow for cost cutting. Results in the early years will mean nothing, it'll all be about building home grown players.

Objectives

- Have one of my youths rack up 50 games for the club.

- Have one of my youths make the team of the season.

- Have one of my youths win player of the year

- Have one of my youths win golden boot

- Have one of my youths play U-21.

- Have one of my youths play for the National Team

- Eventually take over the NT myself using 'The Nursery' as a base.

Thus I give you...

mUHeDDg.png

I figured, we needed a club that was going to be something fresh - and what fresher than one from the Channel Islands. Hopefully I won't get relegated! :|

Kind of weird to have a club from Jersey start in the National League North. ;)

Other than that, interesting take. Good luck!

Haha, yeah I forgot to change that when I realised where Jersey is. They indeed started in the South!

fYIZp90.png

MDPQCzJ.png

Honestly, this season was way too close for comfort for me. On the last day, Maidenhead beat Concord 3-2 in the dying minutes after Basingstoke had drawn level with us 1-1 in the 85th minute. I honestly thought we were going to be relegated. It was always a struggle for us as we lacked the depth required for this season, and as you can see, I used a whole 14 players over the whole season. Taking over Chelmsford, I was never going to be blessed with the best youth in the competition, and as such only had two real standouts. But good tactics and backroom staff would be what got us over the line. For the majority of the season we were above the red line, and in the offseason i've had plenty of messages that the PA of my players has increased, so that can only be good.

tRvrcCz.png

On top of this, we've just been announced that our 'uncategorised' youth setup has been authorised for an 180,000 GBP upgrade, so hopefully the 2016-17 batch of kiddies will be the ones that get us promoted the following year. No pressure.

Youth Intake

JG74Rqb.png

Nothing really to stand out here, Gareth Solly got six games in the end of the season, but that was due to a lack of a second striker in a 4-4-2 formation.

Starting XI

Goalkeeper

Connor Pearce

One of the few players who came into the squad with a 'ready to play' rating, I guess you could say. A solid regional divs player, Pearce played all 45 games for us.

Defence

Adrian Crow - Andrew Cadwallader - Callum Hatton - Callum Miller

Cadwallader is arguably the worst player in this squad, yet was a core part of my defence. His average of 6.67 was simply not good enough, and at times he was the reason why we conceded. Hatton was no better, whilst we made do with Crow and Miller on the wings. With Chris Milton coming through however, and with a full pre-season behind him, Miller may have some competition at left back.

Midfield

Danny Plant - Lewis Hughes - Harry Morgan - Deakin Hyem

The midfield was surprisingly strong given the original intake. Lewis Hughes was killing it as a box to box midfielder, and was arguably up there as one of our best this season. Danny Plant was our vice captain and played most of the games this season, but had a few injury scares.

Strikers

Dean Moss - Hugo Skepelhorn

If there is one area I hope we beef up, it's the forward line. While Skepelhorn was good, he wasn't spectacular, with a 1 goal every 3 game strike rate. Moss wasn't even a striker, and at times was simply just put up there to head the ball down to Skepelhorn to score. Hopefully Gareth Solly can step up next season.

Archived