Changing resolution stops the game from working

I went to the preferences and changed the resolution to the biggest available (1920 x 1200, IIRC) and full screen. After clicking ok the screen started flickering and I can't do anything with EHM. I had to quit via ctrl + alt + del, and can't launch EHM anymore as it just gives me a flickering screen. My native resolution is 1920 x 1200. I read from the forums that I should delete a "game.cfg" file, but there doesn't seem to be any file like that on my system. Another thing I tried was adding "-small_screen -windowed" via Steam to the launch options, but then EHM won't launch at all. Even after re-installing I get the flickering screen, and adding those two commands to the launch options stop EHM from launching. Help appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

It will depend on your display drivers and OS, but if the "full screen" option is unstable on your system, I would suggest using the "borderless windowed" as that will just make the game screen fill the whole screen as well without having to resort to the separate full screen mode.

Archived