Promotion & Relegation issues in Northern Irish Leagues

YOUNGSTEVE

I have enjoyed playing in the NI leagues in the past, & thought I would try to edit in the lower league systems. SI have added loads of leagues for the country in the database, but these are not as accurate as first appears. My issue here though regards the difference in promotion & relegation when playing in the default leagues or edited in ones.

When the game starts there are three default leagues, which are the Premiership with 12 teams, & Championship 1, 2 each containing 14 teams. The league is set up to take into account for the changes in the lower two divisions for the following season. The Premiership is okay and remains at 12 teams throughout. Championship 1 & 2 will both go down to 12 teams after this season. To do this League 1 will have three teams relegated, whilst the 11th placed side goes into a playoff with the 2nd side in league two, leaving 12 sides. The 2nd division has the top side promoted, with the 2nd in the playoff, & the bottom five are relegated into the Intermediate leagues below, which are not playable unless edited. One team is promoted from one of the intermediate leagues, though am unsure how this is done. I expect the winner of each league plays of together, until the winner is promoted. The following seasons League one has one team relegated & the 11th in a relegation playoff with the 2nd place side in League two. The winner of league two is automatically promoted. Now only the bottom side is relegated from league two, with again one side promoted from the Intermediate leagues.

This is where it goes astray. I edited in the level 4 leagues with the Intermediate, Mid Ulster, Amateur, & Ballymena top divisions in it. I didn't touch any of these but wanted to test what happens at each stage in game. First thing I noticed that when I tested the rules it had an error as two sides were coming down from league 2 & I had none set to go up. I thought this strange. Firstly, I thought it may automatically promote sides as it did so without the editor, but most strangely it was talking about two sides being relegated when on no occasion in the default game do two come down from League 2. In the first year remember it is five, & the 2nd & subsequent ones one. To test this I added for the leagues to have a promotion play off for 4 sides, hoping it would include the champions of each league, which happily it did. I then loaded the database in game, & played a year on holiday to see what happened. First thing I notice before I started holidaying was that league one & two were completely changed now, no longer having a league restructure as before, with both remaining 14 teams throughout. The 2nd thing I noticed was that the bottom two automatically were relegated from League one, with the top two automatically promoted from league two. The bottom two were also automatically relegated from league two, & replace with the winners of the two play offs of the four champions of the Intermediate leagues (at least that worked) This setup seems to occur every year.

Anyone have an idea why this is happening & how it might be changed, or having similar issues. I am not used to editing so haven't used the advance rules, though have looked at it, which I know somehow you can change the default leagues, though is quite unclear unless you are used to it. As I said, all I have done is turn on the league/divisions below, & haven't even touched the divisions, so have no idea why this might be occurring.

Archived