Custom graphics and Windows 10

TomDixon77

Is anyone else having serious problems getting custom clubs logos, players pics, etc. to show up in Windows 10? I recently switched to the full version of Win10, after running the preview version for a bit, so I moved my custom graphics folder off to a separate drive, whilst I installed.

Now, usually, I create a folder called 'my graphics' or whatever, to get around the steam workshop wanting to reorganise everything when you try to go in it. This has never been a problem before, but for some reason absolutely nothing I try will show up. Skins are okay, and stuff installed via the workshop are ok, but nothing I've either made myself, or downloaded from elsewhere will appear. I've even tried putting them in the regular graphics folder, but no luck.

This is properly doing my head in now, I've been doing this for donkeys years, so it's probably not user chimpery, but if anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful.

Check the ownership of the folders if you have upgraded and moved folders around sometimes Windows thinks they are owned by your previous windows account rather than the current one, which means they won't be accessible by FM.

Should be able to do it by right clicking -> propertires -> security and then check the permissions of your account on the folders.

I've just tested with an old netbook I've upgraded to Windows 10 and logos, kits and skins are working fine for me.

Have you also checked the ownership of the actual files? (As the ownership is on both the folders and files).

If that doesn't work do fresh files you have downloaded work?

Also check the actual location of your saving folder, make sure you are putting the graphics in the actual folder location not the library location as that has caused issues on previous versions of windows.

I'm not entirely sure how (I made sure I started from c:\ and made my way through the folder structure, rather than using the link in explorer) but it looks like that's what happened. I've changed the user data folder to be somewhere else. Not sure why that happened, I never had that problem on windows 7 or 8.

Archived