AI teams powerplay

I think that the AI tactics regarding powerplay should be improved. Why any team in the world plays with 3 forwards and 2 defensemen?

Just to make an example, SKA St. Petersburg plays with their main PP unit Shipachyov behind the net, Panarin at the half boards, Dadonov in the slot, Kovalchuk hunting for the puck in the faceoff circles, and Kuteikin as quarterback or trying to get the puck to Kovalchuk. I can do this in the game, but AI teams won't. This was annoying in EHM07, it still is now. Hopefully the tactics will be deeper as we go on with the EA process.

In the NHL and most North American leagues, people more or less only play 3F 2D power plays. Very very rarely will you see a 4F 1D power play, and only then because the team lacks offensive defensemen. Certainly, I would like to see the AI implement variety, but maybe only under coaches who are more experimental - not every team should deviate from 3F 2D because it isn't so in real life.

In the NHL and most North American leagues, people more or less only play 3F 2D power plays. Very very rarely will you see a 4F 1D power play, and only then because the team lacks offensive defensemen. Certainly, I would like to see the AI implement variety, but maybe only under coaches who are more experimental - not every team should deviate from 3F 2D because it isn't so in real life.

I see. Well, in other leagues it happens very often. Maybe it should be a coaching tendency?

It's not that rare in the NHL anymore. Many teams utilize 4 forwards on their PP. Bruins, Red Wings, Penguins, Sabres, Blackhawks, Avalanche, Stars, Oilers, Devils, Islanders, Rangers, Senators, Flyers, Sharks, Blues, Lightning, Capitals and Jets has a forward on the point on one or both of their PP units. That's 18 teams.

It's not that rare in the NHL anymore. Many teams utilize 4 forwards on their PP. Bruins, Red Wings, Penguins, Sabres, Blackhawks, Avalanche, Stars, Oilers, Devils, Islanders, Rangers, Senators, Flyers, Sharks, Blues, Lightning, Capitals and Jets has a forward on the point on one or both of their PP units. That's 18 teams.

Yeah, if I'm not wrong the Blues play with Lehtera, Schwartz, Tarasenko, Oshie and Pietrangelo

Archived