Using multiple Playmakers. Need an insight

Hello.

I wanted to get an advice on using two playmakers.

My situation is:

I have a quality player, whose primary position is on the left wing (or AMC), but he really lacks quickness to be a winger. Moreover, he is an ideal candidate for an AP role (flair, decisions, passing, vision, first touch, etc),

but I don't really use formation with AMC (only occasionaly). My primary playmaker and a key player is in CM strata, he either plays RPM or DLP, depending on partner in CM and opposition.

In this save I play slow retention game and sometimes I use winger on the left wing, but I feel, that in this case I lose out, leaving player in question on the bench. Besides, i consider selling him for value and I need him to perform

Sometimes I use him is an IF(a) and he does relatively good - had a couple goals from the distance and a few assists, but I still feel I can get more.

My formation is 4-1-2-2-1. Flexible, control, narrow, retainig the ball, roaming from position, shooting from distance(some players)

So I have two questions:

1. If I play both these playes as PM's, what PI's or shouts I might use to make them work effectively, when no one is pulling the blanket and the rest of the squad uses them equally.

2. If my key PM is out, or simply substituted or benched, I need some advice on using AP on the wing. So far I have no success (since I began playing the game in 2013) in doing it. Every time AP on the wing is getting isolated or treated as a winger by teammates.

Thanks!

I use 4 playmakers in my system and they tend to work together very well. The key to making them work together effectively is to make sure they don't take up the same space and get in each others way while making sure they have specific roles within the system. To answer your first question, this is really depends on how your system is set up. However i wouldn't pay too much attention in this area. No TIs or PIs will really "balance it out". During a match your players with act dynamically to the given circumstances. Let's say the opposition decide to pack the middle, and man-mark your DLP. In turn this leaves your AP (On the wing) a little bit more freedom to operate in. In this situation, you'd ideally want your AP to dictate the play more so than your DLP. In regards to your second this really depends on a couple of factors. If your AP is isolated it either means he doesn't have the space to operate centrally, or he doesn't have enough support with him. To give a couple of example, if it's an AP(S) i'd want to surround him with a bunch of runners so he play others in this can take the form of overlapping wingbacks, or some central runners such as a CM(A), or a B2B. On the other hand if you have an AP(A) which tries to create space through his movement, you'd want some more support orientated player so he has some passing options available to him. Once you have have this set up t you need to make sure your other PM doesn't get in his way. An RPM might seem a little bit troublesome for your AP so you might wanna keep an eye on that. At the same time a DLP(S) could get in the way of your AP as well.

He can play 2 roles, as a Advanced playmaker he will create assists for players, so long as you have players doing runs into the box you should be able to create chances for the rest. Another role that you could use is the Raumdeuter. I have used that role with a player who had a pace of 11, he wasn't too fast, in fact when I first started him in the role he had 9. A raumdeuter is like a space investigator, he waits for chances to exploit either a run or a pass. My RD was banging in a lot of goals, but i had to play the sole striker as a DLF(S) and had to encourage the other IF on the right wing to cut inside, run at players. I had to make sure he had really good finishing.

The RD and playmaker can always use the switch ball to other flank and run into channels ppms they help. The difference between RD and APM will influence what your MC settings are going to be, the RD doesn't defend much, but the APM does. My RD top scored the team and bagged a lot of assists, but I was playing in Portugal then with Sporting.

Thank you for advice. Especially for RMD advice from Rashid1

I have tried playing him as an IF(a) with more direct passing instruction and also instructed to change positions with RMD on the opposite wing. Opposite wingman was mostly used as a winger, so new roles were new to him, they limited him for a bit, but mobility and two roles per game made wonder to player in question. 4 games - 2 goals and 4 assists, 3 POMs. Will go on using this.

if it's an AP(S) i'd want to surround him with a bunch of runners so he play others in this can take the form of overlapping wingbacksll.

Setting my WB to attacking role also helped, as now he has someone to feed on, as I have instructed WB to pass shorter, which almost by default means, passing to this guy

The RMD is very underused here on the forums it's a good role if used in the right setup.

agree with that. With sufficient wide support (wing back support works best for me and a forwars/midfielder making late runs this role is devastating. Just make sure you use a mentally strong player, ideally one that can also finish.

The RMD is very underused here on the forums it's a good role if used in the right setup.

Perhaps the role description makes him look like a lazy winger without any creative functions. I did to me, but I'm slowly starting to get a grasp. While we are on it, perhaps you can give me a small advice, which foot should be dominant for RMD, corresponding to his wing, or the opposite?

Archived