Resting Player

I have had a player who my assistant informed was looking jaded and was in need of a rest. I then right clicked on him and went to training and clicked on rest for a week. I didn't include him in any match day squads and other than that did nothing further. A week later I was checking my promises and saw that my promise to rest him had failed. I made the player unavailable for the U21 game. Why did this promise fail?

I would appreciate any help or suggestions.

If a player is jaded and needs a rest then it is best to give him extended leave to help him recuperate. This can be given from the Extended Leaves tab on the Squad screen.

Alternatively, you can simply leave him out of matches for a short period and give him a brief rest from training. However, this will be less effective. Even if your physio no longer says the player is jaded after such a rest his level of jadedness is still likely to be poorer than if he had been given extended leave. Therefore, his performances and condition could still be adversely affected and you may soon be told that he is jaded again.

you send him at home for a rest.

I've never used the extended leaves tab. I see that giving an instruction from here sends the player on holiday rather than just resting him for training. This is what I needed in my example above. Thanks for pointing out this fairly obvious method. (No sarcasm intended)

Archived