North American international competitions help - possibly advanced editor.

Reiver

I wonder if anyone can help me with this. I consider myself fairly adept using the Advanced Editor but this has me at a loss, as I've never tried to edit international competitions before I guess. All my efforts so far have been in vain.

Basically, I want to add one country to North America. I have no problems with the WC Qualifiers and I've edited the NACL to have clubs from this country in it. The country however does not play in the Gold Cup. I want to try one of three things, but I am unsure of how to do these small changes without having to compeltely recreate the competitions (which is a lot more work and is likely that the competitions won't end up as well made as they were before

1 - scrape the Gold Cup qualifying round, and have the new team enter instead - in theory all I had to do is somehow edit the existing rules of the Gold Cup and change the qualified teams

2 - add my team to the centroamericana cup - making it now have 2 groups of 4 teams and have it qualify that way - the file I created could not verify, and I am not sure what I did wrong.

3 - create a third cup, something like a North american cup, with mexico, canada, usa and the new country, and have the best teams from this qualify to the gold cup.

Any of these would be fine with me. is there any way to do any of these without having to manually recreate the whole of the Gold Cup? If not, how would I go about recreating it and still get the rght amount of host stadiums and more importantly - getting the right teams from the other competitions (I have not been able to get the teams tab right the one time I tried to do this).

i hope this is not too confusing and that someone can help.

The gold cup is the north american equivalent of the Euro Champs. Mexico, Canada and the USA qualify directly, top 4 from Caribbean cup and centroamerican qualify, and the fifth play a playoff. It shouldn't be hardcoded (back in fm12 where you could get to the original comps files it wans't) - but since it's an international competition i can't find the option to just edit one aspect of it without having to create the whole cup from scratch.

If I press to add international rules nad I add the Gold Cup, I'll have to create it from scratch. I don't want to have to do that - it's a lot of work, details will end up not to scratch with the original one, like host stadiums and if there is a way to just load the comnpetition and then edit it in the advanced editor, like there is for the national competitions, I'd like to know -hence why I created this thread.

i just tried to see what is problem here. NA gold cup have one qualifier from NA gold cup playoff. NA gold cup playoff have 1 stage with 2 teams (1 from central american nations cup and 1 from caribbean ch.) only winner qualifies for gold cup finals. you probably should edit all 4 competitions so you can play everything

Then I will have to recreate them, like i said in the beginning, which sucks - because otherwise I don't know at which stage the fate actions need to be.

Also, note that this error still shows up even if I only edit the centroamericana and leave the gold cup alone.

Adding 1 team to the Centroamericana cup and leaving the Gold Cup alone gives me this: http://i.gyazo.com/7ba5ce6d31ab89f7d8a8deb34265ea81.png

sorry my english is not so good :) here you have all 4 competitions

http://www.speedyshare.com/aB2Wb/North-america.xml

just go to import and dont use test in editor. when you make all changes test file in game only. its only reliable way to test. also i suggest u use "overrides rules in code" but if you can set this try with "edited rules".

Archived