How many young prospects should I be looking to buy?

My senior squad if full, enough players to rotate 2-3 guys for a busy season.

My regens are not that good for my U18 team. Should I fill my U21 and U18 with new transfers? I have transfer money to spend. Or should I save money to put in money only for the best prospects?

I too neglect them, good to have 3-4 on the go, one defence, one mid and 1/2 attackers.

Give them a couple of senior games and a small loan for first team action each year. Plenty of guides out there on bringing youth guys up, I suggest reading them and integrating some of the advice into your long term strats.

Sorry let me clarify. I have enough senior players with several wonderkids on the senior roster that gets game time. To a point, I might have too many wonderkids on the senior roster and may have to start loaning them out for them to get game time if they are 19-20 and not getting at least 45mins of play time per week.

I will keep the great wonderkids on my senior squad, but my question is regarding the space available on the U teams. Should I start collecting 5 star PA kids and let great U staff to let them take care of the kids? Whoever doesn't develop well enough for the senior squad by age 21 gets sold. Is this how you guys utilize the U team roster space? Or does this never work out well enough to make money off of these players?

Archived