Difference between front end sugar daddy and a tycoon takeover?

Basic question: there are some clubs who have a sugar daddy in the foreground, and then there are clubs who are taken over by a tycoon.

The difference is startling: in my Manchester United save the tycoon injected 400 mil and was expecting everything under the sun whereas a front end sugar daddy seems to just inject cash when the club is in debt.

What is the difference stat wise? Does the chairman resource/interference/business stats have anything to do with it?

It's set it the database, so I don't think the attributes come into play in terms of what type of tycoon it is. Depending on what type it is, the board will act accordingly I presume. Though attributes might play a part in how much they are willing to shelve out.

From the sugardaddy.edt file

# "Sugar Daddy Type":

# FRONT_END - They throw money at the club to spend.

# BACK_END - They spend enough to make them a force in their current league but if they go up a level or two it would no longer apply.

# UNDERWRITER - They don't give the manager any extra transfer budget but come the end of the season they will always cover any loss the club is making and not expect the money back.

• 1 month later...

Archived