i dun feel valued by the club

LJ

umm... how to begin? It's a long story... I am the coach of real madrid and germany (two accounts). My team has a partnership deal with Lille so that i can loan out my players to them. They sacked their manager in January as they were lying rock bottom of the french league. So to ensure my youth players can be playing at the top level as part of that partnership deal, i took charge of lille (part time role with germany) in a 6-months contract and rescued them from relegation and ended up in a comfortable 13th. I only loaned Mosqeura, Marko Marin and Krol from my real madrid team (i made no permanent signings as lille was in financial distress). However, the management declared that they would not be offering me a new contract (apparently they were blaming me for their failure in the domestic cups which i had nothing to do with. they were knocked out way before i took control). Anyways, saint-etienne just sacked their manager and i am the front runner to the post. Just now, Lille are offering me a new two-year contract... LOL. i'm thinking of abandoning ship for Saint-Etienne. I dun feel valued by Lille (now i kinda understand why Flamini opted for AC Milan icon_biggrin.gif) Has anyone experienced something similar to this? lol

Do i HAVE TO apply to get the job? Or will they (Saint-Etienne) come and offer me the job? So far i am just being touted as the hot favourite for the job. But from my experience, if i apply, i will definitely get the job. But since i'm still unsure whether or not to jump the boat, I'd prefer not to get the board mad (if thats possible). I guess the final decision is made upon which team got more transfer fund. So should i apply (in case they opt for someone else thinking that i'm not interested) and run the risk of getting the lille board/supporters mad? any advice on how to get the best for my "career" icon_biggrin.gif

Decisions decisions decisions.

Just to clarify am i right in assuming that you have one game running. On that game you are playing with to active human managers, one whom you are managing Real with, and the other Lille and Germany.

If thats the case, i see why you loan your young players to lille to give experience, but i do rather see it as cheating to a certain extent. You have a clear conflict of interest, your only managing lille for the benefit of Real, which isnt in the ethos of playing the game.

Therefore i would siggest you jump ship and manage another team and that team shouldnt do business with your Real team.

BTW you may well get offered the job, but if your in the situation where top division teams in france want to offer you a job, you shouldnt have a problem getting another job if they dont offer you one.

Good luck

When I played with Celtic at the beginning my reputation was national. 3 years later I already had world class reputation (It's far too easy to get it imo) and big clubs were all fighting for my signature. I was offered Barcelona, Real, Valencia, and Man Utd without applying for any of the posts

thanks for all the feedbacks.

mehmehmehmeh: yes two "human" managers. ummm.... conflict of interest eh? well as much as i admit there is a conflict of interest, i dun think that prevents me from acting in the best interests of both parties. I acted fiducially as manager of real madrid and Lille. I would have sent the same bunch of players (teaudors, balboa, mosquera, krol and marko marin... the first three were on loan right at the start of the season) to Lille, regardless of taking over at lille or not. I just wanted to ensure they wud get a chance playing (if they r up to it). Players like Teaudor (i signed him for real madrid) and balboa did not reli get much chance to play while on loan at lille because i just didnt feel they were up to that standard. I always played the best possible team and tried to win every game. lol i hate to lose!

Lazy Bhoy: thanks. so i'll just wait and see how things develop.

Archived