No worries!

July

Liverpool won both friendlies in pre-season

Liverpool 4 Northampton 1

Liverpool 2 Wolves 1

Charity Shield

Liverpool 2 Man Utd 2

Man Utd win 5-4 on Pens

Kasper Schmichael joins Blackburn on a season long loan. Kerlon, Bojan, Insua and Haruna have all been made available for loan.

The board have announced that they are pleased with my general performance as manager, the clubs financial status is very healthy. They are also pleased that I have built up a rapport with the fans.

Spain won Euro 2008 with England suffering deja vu once again for the 3rd consecutive major tournament, they are knocked out to Portugal in the Quarter Finals.

August

Premiership

QPR 1 Liverpool 2

Liverpool 1 Newcastle 0

Liverpool 2 Aston Villa 1

Spurs 0 Liverpool 0

1st Chelsea +10 12 Pts

2nd Man Utd +10 12 Pts

3rd Birmingham +6 12 Pts

5th Liverpool +3 10 Pts

Euro Super Cup

Lyon 0 Liverpool 1

The fans and board once again congratulate the team and Ashley on another Cup win.

Liverpool will begin their defence of their League Cup drawing Southampton in the 3rd Round.

Torres damadged his shoulder in training and will return at the end of September.

Kerlon and Insua joined Birmingham on season long loans. Also on season long loans Nemeth and Haruna joined Leicster and Everton respectively.

Xabi Alonso joins Real Madrid for £12,000,000.

Javier Mascherano completes a £15,750,000 move to AC Milan and Lucas joins his teamate for £7,750,000.

Steve Finnan joins Newcastle for £525,000.

Diego Cavaileri has been transfer listed.

Several Liverpool players voice their concern at the sale of Alonso, Lucas and Mascherano and declare themselves unhappy with Ashley's decision to sell.

Liverpool unveil 2 deadline day arrivals as Rafeal Van Der Vaart and Ashley Young sign for a fee's totalling £32,000,000.

The fans announce they are delighted with the signings and now understand Ashleys decision to let Alonso, Mascherano and Lucas go.

James Milner's proposed move to Liverpool has cancelled due to the closing of the window.

The board reinstate their pleasure of Ashley's gerenal management at the club and also with his relationship with the fans. They highlight the move in which Ashley sold to make his own funds to sign duo Van der Vaart and Young.

Mr. Ashley, it is rumoured that you are related to the Newcastle chairman, Mike Ashley, is there any truth in this rumours? Would this mean you'd be susceptible to a move to Tyneside?

I can confirm that myself and Mike Ashley are related and are cousins. We reguarly meet up which will explain the photos published in this weeks tabloids. However I can confirm this has nothing to do with our proffesions, I am the Liverpool manager and until my contract expires I will remain at Anfield.

No problem sir!

The following players have been included in the teams annual team photo.

Goalkeepers: Itandje, Reina and Schmichael.

Defenders: Aurelio, Arbeloa, Carragher, Hyypia, Dossena, Onuoha, Agger, Skrtel, Degan and Insua.

Midfielders: Gerrard, Babel, Flamini, Pennant, Aissati, Benayoun, Rakitic, Vaart, Young, Kerlon, Haruna and Hammil.

Forwards: Torres, Aguero, Kuyt, Keane, Bojan, Paloschi and Nemeth.

Insua, Haruna, Nemeth and Kerlon were all present depsite their loans as Ashley wanted to reinforce they are still Liverpool players for the future.

September

Ben Ashley wins MOM for September

Premiership

Blackburn 0 Liverpool 2

Liverpool 2 Portsmouth 0

Southampton 0 Liverpool 1

1st Chelsea + 17 24 Pts

2nd Liverpool +8 19 Pts

3rd Birmingham +7 18 Pts

Liverpool have been drawn in Group H of the Champions League alongside Sevilla, Olympiakos and CSKA Moscow.

Champions Leage Group H

Liverpool 4 Sevilla 0

Olympiakos 0 Liverpool 3

League Cup 3rd Rnd

Southampton 1 Liverpool 3 AET

Liverpool will play QPR in the 4th Rnd.

Rafeal Van Der Vaart will be out for 10 days with a gashed leg :O

Jamie Carragher will join the new signing on the sidelines with strained knee ligaments. He is expected back in November.

The board announce their pleasure of Ashley's gerenal management at the club and also with his relationship with the fans.

October

Premiership

Liverpool 3 Birmingham 0

West Brom 0 Liverpool 0

Liverpool 2 Middlesborough 0

1st Chelsea + 18 28 Pts

2nd Liverpool +13 26 Pts

3rd Arsenal +9 22 Pts

Champions Leage Group H

Liverpool 1 CSKA Moscow 0

League Cup 4th Rnd

QPR 0 Liverpool 2

Liverpool will play Reading in the Quarter-Finals

Ryan Babel is out for 2 weeks.

Ashley Young is out for 1 month.

Jamie Carragher is set to return next month.

The board announce their pleasure of Ashley's gerenal management at the club and also with his relationship with the fans.

November

Premiership

Chelsea 2 Liverpool 1

Liverpool 1 Wigan 1

Sunderland 1 Liverpool 4

Liverpool 3 Hull 1

1st Chelsea +18 38 Pts

2nd Liverpool +17 33 Pts

3rd Arsenal +13 29 Pts

Champions Leage Group H

Sevilla 0 Liverpool 3

Liverpool 0 Olympiakos 1

Liverpool qualify for the knockout stage.

Liverpool will play Burnley in the 3rd Rnd of the FA Cup.

Phillip Degan will be out for 2 months.

Aguero, Arbeloa and Torres are all out for 3 weeks.

December

Ben Ashley wins MOM for December

Premiership

Arsenal 1 Liverpool 0

Liverpool 4 Man City 1

Liverpool 2 Man Utd 1

Everton 1 Liverpool 0

Liverpool 0 West Ham 0

Liverpool 1 QPR 0

1st Chelsea +20 46 Pts

2nd Liverpool +20 43 Pts

3rd Man Utd +29 37 Pts

League Cup Qtr Final

Liverpool 3 Reading 0

Liverpool draw Wigan in the Semi-Final

Champions Leage Group H

CSKA Moscow 1 Liverpool 3

Liverpool draw Rosenborg in the Knockout stage.

Mr. Ashley,

I am a reporter from the NEWSport Update, I have several questions in my mind that I would like to ask:

1) When will the exciting youngster Bojan make it to the first team squad? He seems decent even at such a tender age and I would love to see him terrorize the opponents' defenses.

2) With the season nearly half-way through, what are your opinions about the current crop of players as well as the newly arrivals such as the likes of Rafael Van der Vaart?

3) After drawing against so many middle-tier teams (CSKA Moscow, Rosenborg etc) when compared to a great club such as Liverpool, do you believe it will further raise complacency in the squad when it comes to European games?

Thank you for your time sir.

1) When will the exciting youngster Bojan make it to the first team squad? He seems decent even at such a tender age and I would love to see him terrorize the opponents' defenses.

He made a handful of appearances last season and got himself a couple of goals, however with the depth we now have the option of him gaining first team experience eslewhere, we have 4 senior strikers to choose from and currently Bojan isn't quite ready for the Liverpool first team.

2) With the season nearly half-way through, what are your opinions about the current crop of players as well as the newly arrivals such as the likes of Rafael Van der Vaart?

Rafael and Ashley have settled in well following big money moves and we have a confident young squad. We are improving all the time and I am happy with the current crop we currently have.

3) After drawing against so many middle-tier teams (CSKA Moscow, Rosenborg etc) when compared to a great club such as Liverpool, do you believe it will further raise complacency in the squad when it comes to European games?

No I certainly don't, every position is up for grabs. No one is guaranteed to start any game, they are all on theere toes and training is extremley competitive.

January

Ben Ashley wins MOM for December

Premiership

Aston Villa 2 Liverpool 2

Newcastle 2 Liverpool 2

Liverpool 2 Spurs 0

Man Utd 0 Liverpool 2

Liverpool 3 Blackburn 1

1st Liverpool +26 54 Pts

2nd Chelsea +24 53 Pts

3rd Man Utd +28 42 Pts

League Cup Semi Final 1st Leg

Liverpool 0 Wigan 0

2nd Leg

Wigan 1 Liverpool 3

Liverpool will play Chelsea in the final.

FA Cup 3rd Round

Burnley 2 Liverpool 3

4th Round

Everton 1 Liverpool 2

There was no transfer activity from Liverpool during the window.

Mr. Ashley, what is your relationship with the board like? Have Tom and George been as impossible as Rafa found them?

My relationship with the board is extremley healthy. We meet together and set annula targets in which so far have been reached. Tom and George are very ambitious and nderstanding men, I have no qualms with them whatsoever.

Mr Ashley how highly do you rate Haruna?

I rate Lukman extremley highly, he is only 18 years of age and for a young African to make a big money move to England at this stage in his career puts a lot of pressure on him. He has made 10 appearances this season for Everton scoring 3 and assisting 2.

February

Premiership

Portsmouth 2 Liverpool 2

Liverpool 3 Southampton 0

Birmingham 2 Liverpool 1

1st Liverpool +28 58 Pts

2nd Chelsea +24 57 Pts

3rd Man Utd +32 50 Pts

League Cup Final

Chelsea 1 Liverpool 2

FA Cup 5th Round

Chelsea 1 Liverpool 2

Liverpool will play Reading in the Quarter Final.

Champions League 2nd Round

Rosenborg 0 Liverpool 4

Liverpool 1 Rosenborg 0

Liverpool will play Inter Milan in the Quarter Final

March

Ben Ashley wins MOM for March

Premiership

Liverpool 4 West Brom 0

Middlesborough 2 Liverpool 4

Wigan 2 Liverpool 3

1st Liverpool +35 67 Pts

2nd Chelsea +29 66 Pts

3rd Man Utd +31 55 Pts

Champions League Qtr Final

Inter Milan 0 Liverpool 1

FA Cup Qtr Final

Reading 0 Liverpool 1

Liverpool will face Bristol City in the Semi Final.

April

Premiership

Hull 2 Liverpool 2

Liverpool 1 Chelsea 1

Liverpool 2 Arsenal 1

Liverpool 4 Sunderland 1

Man City 0 Liverpool 3

1st Liverpool +42 78 Pts

2nd Chelsea +36 77 Pts

3rd Arsenal +23 62 Pts

Champions League Quarter Final 2nd Leg

Liverpool 1 Inter Milan 2

Milan go through via away goal rule.

FA Cup Semi Final

Liverpool 3 Bristol City 0

Liverpool will meet Man Utd in the final.

May

Premiership

Liverpool 2 Everton 0

West Ham 1 Liverpool 2

1st Liverpool +45 84 Pts

2nd Chelsea +36 79 Pts

3rd Arsenal +26 68 Pts

4th Blackburn +9 61 Pts

The board and fans have expressed their delight at Ashley's and Liverpool's second Premiership title. The stated that Ben Ashley deserved full credit for their sucess and is undoubtedly one of the best managers in Liverpool's history.

FA Cup Final

Man Utd 4 Liverpool 0

The board and fans are in dreamland again after Ashley delivered The Premiership and League Cup in successive seasons. Ashley is said to be delighted with with his and Liverpool's success which has seen 2 League Titles and 3 Cups arrive in the space of 2 years.

Ashley's management has seen Liverpool dominate English football over the past two seasons, only the FA Cup has escaped the grasp of Ashley.

The Liverpool board have expressed themselves very pleased with Ben Ashley's management of the club.

Sergio Aguero won Player of the year with teammate Dirk Kuyt coming in second. Kuyt won the honour last season but 33 goal hitman Aguero took the plaudits this year. Aguero also finished top scorer in the Premiership.

Ben Ashley wins manager of the year with Scolair finishing runner up with Chelsea.

Winners

Premiership - Liverpool

Championship - Reading

League One - Leeds

League Two -Wycombe

Carling Cup - Liverpool

FA Cup - Man Utd

Euro Cup - Anderlect

Champions League - Lyon

Archived