Possible to affect what players the youth manager plays?

Normally I don't much care about who plays for the U19 team (I'm in Germany), but I've picked up an excellent goalkeeper that I think can replace my current stickman. However, he doesn't get a game for the U19s. He's not even making the bench ffs, and a grey goalie is backup. Meanwhile, at 16, he is is now the main goalie for the Denmark U21. He has played in first team friendlies when I let the assman be in charge of those, but for whatever reason he has not played a minute for the U19 team.

Is there any way I can affect this? I've tried to manually set him as GK, and I recall this worked in years gone by (probably a long time ago by now), but the U19 manager ignores it.

Huh, that's odd. The player is in the U19 team as opposed to in the senior team with that option ticked, yet there was no dot next to the 90 min selection for the U19s. No idea how that has happened since I sent him right to the U19s when I bought him and haven't touched him since. But hopefully it's sorted now, thanks :thup:

Yep, that sorted it :) Noticed another highly lauded talent hadn't gotten a game either, with match fitness down to 54%. He has basically missed a whole season. Grrr. But better late than never. Finally the young goalie got a game too.

Archived