The Realistic Football Manager

TheCoachingPath

Good day,

In the many Football Manager forums across the internet there are 1000s upon 1000s of stories produced by aspiring football managers. Yet few are realistic despite the game, and match engines, best efforts.

So as an aspiring football coach, I thought I would attempt to start a realistic Football Manager campaign and I would love for you to join me on my journey.

Realistic?

Now, what I mean by the term realistic is starting as a the manager of a minnow, before climbing my way to a top team. I will be playing with Semi-pro experience and will be looking to emulate managers with no professional playing experience, such as the great Arrigo Sacchi and Jose Mourinho.

I hope to see you at the next (more worthwhile) update.

Best of luck, I did a career similar to this before the save broke. Are you involved in coaching at the moment?

(Mourinho's not a great example by the way, he played for Rio Ave and Belenenses as a professional. Sacchi though, what a man!)

A slightly different approach this time. These are the loaded leagues...

2hY6JpB.png

As you can see they are all in Europe. I did this as I believe it will be the fastest way to increases reputation, rather than using Asia this early. I'd hope for my second job to be perhaps in Asia, in leagues such as Australia and South Korea.

The job hunt begins!

IEje6iJ.png

After many months of applications and interviews I have got my first job! The club in question is Grindavik, an Icelandic second division side. After being relegated two years ago, a mid table finish wasn't good enough for my predecessor. Here is some information on the Scandinavian club.

mxg4hOX.png

A squad review shall be upcoming shortly, although we are looking one of the stronger sides in the division. With plenty of wages to use (4,500 euros surplus) I hope to continue to add to the quality.

Exciting times ahead.

So here is the squad I have inherited.

RfeZvLY.png

The areas I have targeted for improvement are:

Centre back

Right back

Playmaking centre midfielder (my current options are both very similar)

Two strikers

I hope these additions will give me a more rounded squad. Looking forward to a good preseason :)

Archived