How to limit what competitions media sources will report on?

duccio

Is there a way to restrict what competitions media sources report on? I have been making a custom Spanish media db, and it seems that large national media sources (who I would like to make report on primarily just Liga BBVA and other high reputation competitions) often report on what is happening in Segunda B, even though there are smaller local media that in my opinion should be given a preference. It looks like adding competitions to areas covered does not stop media from running stories of other competitions.

An example: For some reason national newspaper El País runs a report on a friendly match between Segunda B teams Cultural Leonesa and Racing Santander, when it would be more natural if regional or local media from León or Santander (which are present in my custom db) reported it.

I guess a related issue is how to limit a media source to reporting on clubs from a particular geographical area. How to make for example Galifutbol to cover only Galician clubs? Making it regional and setting local region to Galicia does not prevent its reporters from being present in matches that do not involve clubs from Galicia.

Not surprizingly, the answer to my first question was to assign the media sources to competition and listing the competitions in areas covered. The question in my second post remains a mystery however. I tried setting Galifutbol's scope to club, and then listing Galician clubs in areas covered. This resulted in Galifutbol never reporting anything as far as I have noticed. The same happens with every media with scope assigned to club.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have ideas why this is happening: I have the forementioned Spanish media file included in a test save in Germany (only the German League), and for some reason the Spanish media is running reports on the German 3rd division. Why would this happen?

The Spanish media sources are set to Spain, Europe, local regions and cities and competitions that do not include any german competitions. Scopes are competition or national at highest. Similar thing is happening with other media files I have made and regardless of which country I'm managing in (foreign media from my files reports on things in a country where I'm managing).

This is a long term problem, I have being making media updates for several years and cannot stop this.

Also another annoying thing is 'Worldwide' coverage doesn't just give coverage to top global competitions, but to obscure lower levels.

I made a bug report of it, but I guess it must have been reported at some point earlier if this has been going on for years (or maybe you just answer the question in the headline rather than my previous post...).

I did make some tests and narrowed the problem down to media with competition scope and combination of domestic and continental competitions in coverage.

Archived