Need Real Advice

Hi all,

I'm a very very bad FM player, espacially in tactics. I'm a newbie so I need help.

TottenhamvLiverpool_PitchFull-3_zps9ff0ee1d.png

[video=youtube;62MKpEMYWyc]

What can I do to ensure my midfielder STEVEN GERRARD make that pass to my striker? Which intructions, which role and duty should I give? And his which attributes caused that he tried to pass to a teammate who in offside position (left winger)?

team instructions -> fluidity: fluid / mentality: attacking

his role&duty was: Advanced Playmaker - support (I didnt give him any extra instructions)

his attributes:

Creativity: 15

Decisions: 16

Technique: 15

Passing: 17

Teamwork: 14

I think decisions attribute should be key there but he choosed the worst decision.

TottenhamvLiverpool_PitchFull-6_zpsfb70e3bc.png

In this position, Jermaine Defoe'e which attributes helped him to make that great run onto ball pass (while Steven Gerrard couldnt do the same when his position was much easier)?

Creativity: 10

Decisions: 12

Technique: 15

Passing: 12

Teamwork: 13

I just want to learn and understand how to use team&player instructions here. Especially, I ask Mr.Ackter's help here to ensure my Gerrard passing like a Messi in those kind of situations... ty.

I'm not sure what the tactical issue is here. Gerrard made a poor decision and Defoe made a good one. Simple error that occurs in football, not every decision made is the best one despite the difference in stats for each player.

I agree however it could be a tactical issue if it is happening repeatedly.

Is it TC?

Archived