451 Problems

Having been fired by Sunderland and Hartlepool on my FM2014 save, I'm now struggling at Coventry. Just wondering what people think might be the problems with my tactic.

The things I've noticed from watching the matches are:

1. Often caught in possession - especially in the final third

2. Always concede (I think I've had two clean sheets in my 25 games at Coventry)

v7aXcQl.png

KFCsPOX.png

Thanks Ipichette. I'll try taking that off tomorrow.

In terms of individual instructions, that may be the issue. I don't have any individuals instructions set up - I've always just left them unaltered in favour of tweaking formations, roles, duties and team instructions. Not even really sure where to start with them.

Well nothing wrong with no individual instructions. What I have done in this formation is stand off not get stuck in and play more disciplined will create very few fouls and should keep your form even more. As for attacking you can paired with be more disciplined give one of your more creative wingers roam from position to give them the freedom to move around and attach with the support dlf. I would imagine if you watch some of your games full you would see a lot of long shots... just guessing because i dont see any analysis pages. I like that you have a cm on support and the cm on attack will push the one up farther but you might have some linking problems on offense, so it would be worth playing with that a little. Maybe try an APa on the right or on support and see if that helps. If you show me some analysis pages after a game I could probably help more, and so could someone like cleon who is crazy good at breaking this stuff down.

@ipichatte - which analysis pages should i be posting?

Your scoring chances analysis is my favorite and what I use most. It tells you where from and if you watch the goal by clicking it you can see the build up and why they shot from that location. My point in watching them is to see if your shot taker had any other options, also if your wingers and CMs are taking alot of these long range shots it says they have no one to pass too. You can help by individual instruction SHOOT LESS OFTEN, but without someone to pass to they will still take the shot. Also check your analysis for average movement after about 25 minutes in game and see where your players are. This can tell you if they are bunched up somewhere, or are too spread out forceing long shots.

How I have this formation which I dont use anymore..I would do one of two things play counter attack soccor high tempo with a rigid mentality. I would have one of the wingers preferably the winger on the left an inside forward and have the left a complete back on support playing higher up and staying wide. This should give some support inside as well as keep width.

You're playing wingers yet telling the team to exploit the middle? this will surely confuse matters. you want your central midfielders to run at the defence? do they have stats for this? this may explain constant loss of possession

Archived