Tactical Help - 14.2

Have read many of the seminal threads from this year and year's past (wwfan, Cleon, rashidi, RTH, etc) and that has really transformed the way I approach FM and has led to so much more enjoyment.

However I feel that I have hit a wall when trying to diagnose and improve my tactics in this year's game. For context, this is from my King's Lynn save that has pretty much followed Dafuge challenge rules - 3rd year in the premier league where I really want to grab a Champion's league spot to improve on last year's 6th place. Also important to note I just updated from 14.13 to 14.2 (skipped 14.14) a few games into this season.

Would really appreciate some thoughts and input on the following

1) Any improvements or tweaks to recommend for the roles and duties in my 2 core tactics (see below)

2) What are some of the likely reasons for my low shots on target (80/216 current season)

3) Bonus points for creative suggestions on other potential formations based around 3 front players, ie 2x ST & 1x AMC

Below is some details on tactics, player attributes, results and some pkms.

TACTICS

Had success in past PREM seasons of the save with the 4411 and its still my default formation against the stronger sides. Looking to migrate towards a style that allows me to control the game more as teams start to take a more defensive approach as my rep grows. Also due to having many great attacking talents I have tried to build a tactic to incorporate 3 attackers

This is the more aggressive tactic

KingsLynnTown_TacticsOverview-2.png

Here's the 4411

2013-12-27_00002.jpg

With the MR instructions to show how he sits narrower and encourages the WB to overlap

2013-12-27_00003.jpg

KEY PLAYER PROFILES

An overview of the attacking talent to showcase why I'm trying to fit as many of them (3) as possible into the starting lineup

Some of the Strikers

Bakayoko.png Oviedo.png Saadoune.png

The AMCs

Vadala.png Capan.png

The overlapping WB

Gnakpa.png

RESULTS & PERFORMANCE

While its not going badly (especially in Europe) it just seems like we should be doing better (esp against the weaker sides) and should be banging in more given the talent

2013-12-27_00005.jpg

For example here are some clips from a recent game against QPR which was especially bad ito shots on target (we played the Christmas tree tactic)

This is a good overview of an attacking move and a chance to see the various positions in play, including the WB's run. Ends in a disappointing shot by the AM though

[video=youtube;MKdxlv2f-5g]

This one is a hit and hope from the B2B (MCR)

[video=youtube;995_3qaB5cI]

Let me know if any other info is needed

TIA

Archived