FM 13: Young players are suddenly greedy

Hello.

I know this isn't the newest and greats version of FM - but crossing my fingers a kind soul can help me out.

In my current save, I have played for 4-5 seasons. My teams isn't the biggest and are just keeping themselves in the top league. The team has a lot of young players, and a few old once. Normally how I play - getting young player and training them up, while learning from older once.

But suddenly I'm finding it almost impossible to sign any young players, as they want a crazy deal to join my team - or least it is in my head.

Normally I could get players on a "youth contract" or as a "hot prospect" - now every single young player and that is 17 or young, wants to be in the "rotation of the squad". Quality of the player doesn't seem to matter. A player with the potential of 3½ stars wants the same as one with 4½ stars. The same with current potential, whether they are a few grey stars and never played for their team, they still demands "Rotation" - giving them anything less makes them walk.

Also the wages are usually 3-4 times higher than what my scouts predicts. And my scouts have never been that much off in the previous seasons.

Is there a logical reason for this? Is it because I have a young team? So suddenly they believe they have a right to in there as well or is it because I have a lot of players on "Hot Prospect" contracts and only a few as "Key Players" or "First team players"?

I'm at a bit of a loss here.

Hopefully some one has a clue and sorry for the long post.

Merry X-mas and hope you all have a great one :)

I'm playing in Brazil as Chapecoense, the only team that would take a Sunday Footballer that was unemployed :)

It hasn't been a problem the previous seasons with the team and the youth players I have signed earlier has been of a higher caliber than some of the once I'm trying to get now.

Also I find it odd, that 15-16 year old players, that:

* Comes from a non-league club

* Hasn't played a match

* Have no other club looking at him

* Who only has grey stars and has 4 stars in potential

Want's the same wage as some of my best players (which is 3-4 times higher than my scout predicts) and also wants "Rotation" of the club. If you try to give them less than "Rotation" they leave in a second.

When I was playing in 2nd and 3rd division, better youth players wasn't that greedy - and that whats puzzling me :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm.. I have tried to give all my players a higher status - meaning that also all players where either set to Rotation or higher but didn't make a difference. Youth players still wants a contract where they have the status of "rotation", even when they aren't anywhere near qualified. Any help would be greatly appreciated - this is taking the joy out of finding youngsters and growing them into first team players, which is my main reason for playing these days.

And its something I haven't encountered in previous versions.

Thanks in advance

Archived