[FM09] Des Tiny's Fafeful

Lower Leagues Rule

I am going back to my roots, been a bit bored with FM13 lately, and as such I am going to have a jump in at my old FM09 game, I left the game way back in late 2009 when I changed to FM10, and I never really looked back. This is going to take a bit of getting into, and it will start with all my old updates to get us up to date and then carry on from there.

Associação Desportiva de Fafe

Associação_Desportiva_de_Fafe.png

Welcome everyone to a new year, and for Des Tiny a new season with a new club in a new league. On June 23rd 2009 he was appointed as the newest manager of Associação Desportiva de Fafe, (henceforth known as Fafe), on the day he joined the club he found the club lacking in staff, with only two Physios on the books, but he found a full Squad of players ready to put their all into the club and ready to fight for future Champions League Glory.

Fafe: A Club History

The club was founded in 1958 and is a fully professional team, with a stadium called Estadio Municpal dos Desportos which has a capacity of 8,000. The last time the club won a title was in 1996 when they took out the Portugese Third Division. The most famous ever player to play at the club was Rui Costa when he was on loan from Benfica at the age of 17. Another notable former player is Flávio Meireles who is current captain of Vitória Guimarães, he spent three years with the club playing 48 games and scoring two goals as well. AD Fafe spent a year in the top flight in the Portuguese First Division were they finished 16th in the 1988/89 season were they were relegated.

(According to Wiki they are in the Second Division A already in 2008/09 season, yet in FM09 they start in the lower 3rd Division...a little confused at this)

So my challenge is to take them back to the glory of 1988/89 and return them to the top division and do better than 0-0 against FC Porto that they achieved that season.

There may be an issue early on with some of the screenshots. I will have a go at updating any links I see not working later, but just getting some of the story down for now.

Fafe Hall of Fame

Aleksander Radakovic (SRB)

2017 - Joined Club aged 21

May 2019 - End of Season 23 Goals

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pre-Season 2009/10

Here is my starting line-up as I see them playing majority of my games.

GK - Ivo

DR - Primo

DL - Kipulo

DC - Mendonca/Fernando

DC - Rodrigues (INJ)

DM - Dunga

MR - Ernesto

ML - Kita/Viera

AM - Hernani ©

ST - Djalmir

ST - Santana/Toninho (INJ)/Leitao (INJ)

I am very pleased to have gone through my friendlies 5-1-1, Leitao was nothing but a reserve striker, but with my Number 1 on a minor injury and Strikers 2 & 3 out for a month he is going to get his shot in the first 2 games at least. I can't wait to see if he performs up to my acceptable level. I have also managed to grab a good starting goaltender, but more to come on that very soon, when I give an update of the team.

2009/10 Des Tiny's Associação Desportiva de Fafe Players Update

Players to Watch in my updates:

Kipulo - Dynamite DL, ready for anything and the man for the headers.

Ivo - Star Goalkeeper, if he can keep the ball out of the net I am set.

Ernesto - Exploding Right Wing, Ernesto will be crossing the ball all day, hopefully to my strikers.

Djalmir - Numero Uno, the striker who I beileve will be the top scorer.

My Midfield Dynamo's (Can they be a Diagne/Rinaldi or a Diagne/Morete?)

Hernani - The third in line for captaincy he is a star player, but with neither Captain on the field he will take charge a lot.

Dunga - DM Dynamo, the man to watch for setting up the forwards.

And a present just for you guys, see if you can tell why Leitao doesn't feature in my plans.

2009/10 Des Tiny's Associação Desportiva de Fafe Portuguese Cup Update

Round 2

at Vilanovense 2-0

Kipulo (pen 45+2), Santana (59)

Defeating a non-league team first time up was a good start.

Round 3

at Santa Clara 0-1

Kipulo (pen 51)

To beat a Liga Vitalis team in the third round was a huge up, especially as my board wanted me to make the 4th round.

Round 4

at Tourizense 1-3

Djalmir (18, 22), OG (60)

A victory here against a fellow second division side put me into to the 5th round as I celebrated the draw for the next round came up showing...

Round 5 will be the biggest game of the year for AD Fafe, and probably the biggest game since their 0-0 draw against FC Porto in 1988/89 (As shown in my Background pic)

Fafe vs Benfica Halftime Update

Well I have gone into the dressing room down 0-2, but they haven't dominated the game, just had a couple of chances infront of the net, I am happy with the boys and sending them out there to "Do it for the fans" all 9859 of them that have turned up.

Fafe vs Benfica Fulltime Update

Second half played out from end to end as I tried to use attack to get the ball into the net, the only real chance I had ended with Santana putting it off the outside of the post and it drifted away. Final Score 0-2, but I was happy with the boys commitment to making a game out of it and told them Well Done afterwards. Good work and now lets seal a place in the Promotion Stage of the league, so when my 5-6 new signings join in July we are in a better place. I think keeping Benfica off the scoresheet for the last 62 mins of the game was the best part of this one.

2009/10 Des Tiny's Fafe First Phase Update

Well I started the season above expectations for me, at the halfway point I was 6-2-3 and sitting comfortably in 3rd, but a poor second half which saw me losing when I should've won saw me drop to 4th and a final standing of 10-5-7, this I mainly attribute to a lack of any true goalscorers, Djalmir started the season brilliantly, but then he proceeded to fade and go nowhere. All four top Strikers have been on goalscoring droughts of over 500 minutes and this just has pummeled the teams morale.

Final Table

But I have made the promotion stage where I fight against 5 others to try and come top, and then the top team from each of the four divisions meet in a semi-final and final with the top two getting promoted. I don't like my chances, but hopefully the changes coming in July can make my team better for it.

2009/10 AD Fafe End of Season Update

So you all saw Fafe make the Promotion Stage of the Portuguese Second Division A, and you all saw the spectacular cup run that finished with a loss at home against Benfica. So all that is left to tell is how the Promotion stage went and how my players are looking at the end of the season. And I guess I can show you the 18 Free Transfers I made to start the season.

Promotion Phase

In the promotion phase of the Portuguese Leagues you face off against the top 6 from your own division in a home and away series, and the top team from each division qualifies for the Semi-Finals, the winners of these two games are the teams promoted while the rest return to their leagues for another season. I was to face off against Gondomar SC (1st 59pts), Lousada (2nd 38pts), Ribeira Brava (3rd 36pts), AD Fafe (4th 35pts), Ribeirao (5th 34pts) and Moreirense (6th 29pts). So I was really a midtable team heading into the phase and all i could hope for was to improve on this. First up I took on the League Champion Gondomar SC away.

at Gondomar SC     1-1

I was delighted to steal a point from them on the road, only 2 teams had achieved this in the league and previously they had beaten me 2-1 & 2-1.

vs Ribeirao        3-0

Even better than the previous result this put me on top of the table, and looking at the possibilities if I got promoted.

at Lousada         0-1
vs Moreirense      3-1
at Ribeira Brava   1-1

Halfway through and I was sitting in second just behind the previous League winners, it was going to be a tight battle through the second half, but beating them first up would be the main aim.

vs Gondomar SC     1-2
at Ribeirao        2-0
vs Lousada         3-2
vs Moreirense      1-0
at Ribeira Brava   1-0

This combination of results left me 4 points shy of Gondomar SC and let me finish 2nd in the Promotion Phase. I was happy with this for my first season, and with plans to build the team in the offseason and improve, I was hoping I could pull it off next year.

My rotation policy was necessary as a large number of players got unhappy, so my Squad have their stats reasonably spread between them, the clear problem is the lack of a goalscorer, hopefully my july signings will find one who can get them in the net.

The Stars of AD Fafe 2009/10

33. Ivo - with Ivo in the net, I was able to attack and know that most of the time he would clean up at the back, in the new season I have a younger back-up coming in so it may cause rotation in goal as well.

11. Djalmir - The number one goalscorer this season, but with large periods without scoring and at 34 he needs replacing.

44. Kipulo - A star at left back, Kipulo also is my penalty taker and number on target on corners, he may not be the most amazing player, but he is solid and thats what I need.

20. Santana - He ended as my second best striker, but because of injuries and rotation he didn't get the game time he probably deserved, again he will probably be replaced in the new season.

66. Primo - He did a very similar job to Kipulo all season covering the right back slot, Primo really was Primo, I think my wide players are the only ones safe in their places for next year.

13. Ernesto - On the right wing Ernesto was hitting the strikers with every cross, if they had been better his assists tally would be through the roof. As it is he did some amazing things.

Associação Desportiva de Fafe Club History

|----------|-----------|-----------------|---------------------|
|  Season  | Division  | First Phase Pos | Promotion Phase Pos |
| 2009/10  |   2nd A   |       4th       |        2nd          |
| 2010/11  |   2nd A   |       ???       |        ???          |

Des Tiny's AD Fafe Youth Update

Also including the Second Round Draw for the World Cup

I am playing JoseRR's Challenge based in Portugal

I shall pick two players each season, in the first season they are likely to feature from my bench for a few games each season, and hopefully get a start or two as well as playing in my Under 19s. In the second season they will either go on loan to my feeder club Imortal or they will feature strongly in my seniors. The first player each season will be my Ass Man's suggestion and the other one will be the one of my choice. So lets meet the class of 2010.

Player 1a - Vitor Henriques - POR - AMC

July 2010

|----------|---------|-------|-------|---------|-----|---------|
|  Season  |  Squad  | Games | Goals | Assists | MoM | Avg Rat |
| 2010/11  |         |       |       |         |     |         |

Player 1b - Jose Antunes - POR - AMC

July 2010

|  Season  |  Squad  | Games | Goals | Assists | MoM | Avg Rat |
| 2010/11  |         |       |       |         |     |         |

World Cup Second Round

Czech Republic vs Chile

Sweden vs England

USA vs South Africa

Brazil vs Portugal

Cameroon vs Spain

Argentina vs Japan

Holland vs Uruguay

Germany vs Nigeria

And of course I have to include New Zealand's battle in the Group A.

vs Chile 1-4

vs Sweden 1-3

vs Italy 0-2

No really embarrassing scores but going home without a point is kinda stink.

Oh well Des Tiny will keep the pride of New Zealand going in Fafe.

2010/11 Des Tiny's AD Fafe New Beginnings Update

So heading into the new season there are a few things to update on. First of all are the new signings I have attracted and the players I have let go.

Transfers

Some of the new players I think might be ones to watch are:

96. Ruben - My new Left Winger, hopefully he is a step up from the two who shared the job last season and can cause some havoc.

66. Joao Fernandes - I had real trouble in the defensive midfield last season and the result is a new signing who looks capable of assisting towards promotion.

13. Jonathan - Last season Player of the Year Primo is getting on a bit, so here is his young fit replacement. A single international cap for Venezuela and he has stepped straight into my squad.

7. Pedro Freita - The young goalkeeper is going to play rotation this season with Ivo as he works on being the fulltime first team keeper in a couple of years time.

The Squads

Seniors

Youth + Extras

Other News

In other news, I forgot to inform you of my new link with Imortal, a team you will remember I managed in this challenge last year for a short while, hoping I can get them promoted with sending them my excess players. I told the board that we were going to challenge for the title again in 2010/11 and they gave me a 2.07k Transfer Budget and a 9k wage budget (about 2k more than last year), I am still well under the wage budget which considering the club is losing money will be a good thing. The announcement of the end of the season came along listing Kipulo (DL) & Primo (DR) as the signings of the season, which I could Understand after their quality all season. Primo was named Fans Player of the Year and the Best XI was announced. My club is currently predicted to finish 6th again, which is just not acceptable for me, I believe Fafe should be top 2 material even with both relegated teams in my division.

World Cup Update

Spain have defeated Japan 2-0 in the final to lift the Cup, while England crashed out to Sweden in the second round. Japan defeated Argentina, Uruguay & Czech Republic to make the final, but Spain just wanted it more.

Financial Trouble

Oh Crap I think I might be in a bit of trouble losing that much money, hopefully they don't start restricting me, I knew I was losing money, jsut hoped it wasn't that bad.

2010/11 Des Tiny's Fafe Season Update

The season started off with me signing thirteen new players in an attempt to improve on my 2nd place last season and kick onto promotion. Well the early stages were up and down as I went 1-2-1 in the first four games, the next six saw me improve slightly to be 4-4-3 at the halfway stage of the season. At this point I decided to try and bring in some new faces in the transfer window to try and fix my problems in the goalscoring department, I was defending brilliantly, especially with my new Aquisition in goal. Pedro Freitas was stopping almost everything that was coming through to him, and he was well backed up by Jonathan, Ripulo, Rodrigues & Mendonca in defense. So my only problems appeared to be up front, the changes in personal helped slightly as we improved to go 6-2-3 in the second half to finish up 3rd overall and make it into the Promotion stage.

League Table

It looked like I may be in with a chance as I got into it, but a couple of games lost early and it looked like I was going to be spending another year down in the bottom of the leagues. I ended up rallying the troops, but it was never enough and we finished off in 4th overall.

Promotion Stage

I played a lot more rotation this season in an attempt to get the goals flowing and it shows in my Squads stats, in seniors and youth.

Squad Part II

Squad Part I

Youth

There were several players who stood out for me.

99. Martinho - He was the top goalscorer this season, but his lack of a steady partner seemed to stop him being able to get the goals he needed, hopefully keeping the same starting lineup into next season will help.

96. Ruben - The left winger was the man when it came to assists and as such was always providing the ball to the strikers.

69. Ernesto - In tandem with Ruben they were putting everything into the box, but the finishing was poor.

31. Kipulo - At left back Kipulo has been stunning and will continue to keep his place this next season.

And then there are my international stars.

30. Anton Bozic

| Anton Bozic |   Venezula    |
|-------------|-------|-------|---------|-----|---------|
|   Season    | Games | Goals | Assists | MoM | Avg Rat |
|   2010/11   |   2   |   1   |    1    |  1  |  6.32   |
|-------------|-------|-------|---------|-----|---------|

[i]Games[/i]

|  Opponent & Result | Goals | Assists | MoM | Avg Rat | Sub Time |
|--------------------|-------|---------|-----|---------|----------|  
| vs Andorra  2-1    |   1   |    1    |  1  |  7.70   |          |
| vs Holland  0-5    |   0   |    0    |  0  |  6.20   |          |
| at Slovenia 0-4    |   0   |    0    |  0  |  5.00   |          |

13. Jonathan

| Jonathan |   Venezula    |
|----------|-------|-------|---------|-----|---------|
|  Season  | Games | Goals | Assists | MoM | Avg Rat |
| 2010/11  |  1(2) |   0   |    1    |  0  |  7.20   |

[i]Games[/i]

| vs Martinique  1-1 |   0   |    0    |  0  |  6.90   |   on 68  |
| at Nthlds Ant  3-0 |   0   |    1    |  0  |  7.50   |  sub 76  |
| at St Martin   0-2 |   0   |    0    |  0  |  ----   |   on 90  |

So happy with the season, but I know I have to build into 2011/12 and attempt to make it to that Semi-Final.

| 2010/11  |   2nd A   |       3rd       |        4th          |

Des Tiny's AD Fafe Youth Update

Player 1a - Vitor Henriques - POR - AMC

July 2010

July 2011

|   Season    | Squad | Games | Goals | Assists | MoM | Avg Rat |
|-------------|-------|-------|-------|---------|-----|---------|
|   2010/11   |  U19s |  19   |   1   |    2    |  0  |  6.38   |
|             | Senior|   2   |   0   |    0    |  0  |  6.40   |
|   2011/12   |       |       |       |         |     |         |

Had an average season, but with my senior AMC's retiring at the end of this season he will play back-up for the squad this time around.

Player 1b - Jose Antunes - POR - AMC

July 2010

July 2011

|   2010/11   |  U19s |  22   |   3   |    0    |  1  |  6.19   |

I think Antunes was very average though he did pick up three goals on the season, will be a wait and see policy with him, tempted to give him another season in the U19s with several starts in the seniors, but he may head out to Imortal.

Player 2a - Paulo Fonseca - POR - AMC/FC

July 2011

Looks an absolute gem for the team, and his potential is to be as good as Martinho (My current No.1 Striker), so he is definitely one to watch.

Player 2a - Ricardo Nunes - POR - D/MR

July 2011

I don't think Nunes is really the best of the rest, but I just love the way his stats are turned out for him to play on the wing, but the coaches don't rate him at all.

2011/12 Des Tiny's Fafe

Off Season Update

2010/11 Wrap-up

First I need to wrap up the end of season awards, AD Fafe managed to actually pinch a few this time around. Here they are:

Signing of the Season 2010/11 Runner-up: Jonathan

Highest Average Rating: Kipulo 7.23 (31 apps)

Fans Player of the Year: Kipulo

2DA Team of the Year - Kipulo (DL) & Rodrigues (DC)

These awards clearly show that defense is my strength, now I am working on my strike force

Best XI's

Best XI 2010/11 - Freitas (GK), Jonathan (DR), Kipulo (DL), Mendonca (DC), Rodrigues (DC), Ernesto (MR), Ruben (ML), Fernandos (DM), Nelsinho (AM), Martinho (ST), Bozic (ST) & Subs: Ivo (GK), Ricardo (DC), Braga (AMRC), Viera (MRL), Toninho (ST), Tiago (DRC), Cafu (ST)

Best XI Overall - Ivo (GK), Primo (DR), Kipulo (DL), Mendonca (DC), Rodrigues (DC), Ernesto (MR), Viera (ML), Fernandos (DM), Dunga (DM), Martinho (ST), Santana (ST) & Subs: Freitas (GK), Jonathan (DR), Ruben (ML), Hernani (AM), Djalmir (ST), Ricardo (DC), Bozic (ST)

Some Interesting Fafe Facts

Last year I did a home vs away comparison over several seasons, I shall do it again this time around.

|  Season  | Phase | Home Record | Away Record | Home Goals | Away Goals |
|----------|-------|-------------|-------------|------------|------------|
| 2009/10  |  1st  |    7-3-1    |    3-2-6    |    23-11   |   11-17    |
|          |  Pro  |    4-0-1    |    2-2-1    |    11-5    |    5-3     |
| 2010/11  |  1st  |    6-3-2    |    4-3-4    |    16-9    |   12-11    |
|          |  Pro  |    1-1-3    |    2-3-0    |     6-6    |    5-2     |
|----------|-------|-------------|-------------|------------|------------|

Looking at that I am generally better at home, except in that final Promotion stage this latest season, so I need to work on that and then I will be home & hosed, I think I was too attacking and need to rein that in a little. Also in the second season my goalscoring was a lot slimmer. Comparing in total Season 1 I was 50-36, and in season 2: 37-28, so while I stopped more goals against me it also affected my team at the other end. So goalscoring is mission number 1.

Finances

As for the Finances I have been bailed out twice at 150k a go, but when the club is 500k in the red that is not going to help at all. I think they are just fighting off Administration for me, steadily going down other than that. I am losing about 300k a season, about 25k a month and seemingly while in the lower league there is nothing I can do about it, so getting my guys scoring goals and getting promotion is goal number 1.

2011/12 Where to from here

After another season of close, but no cigar I wanted to try and stay as true to the team as I could, so I made a lot less changes and here are the seasons personal changes in July:

In

Borja - 19 - AND - ST - A great player for the future when I start to lose my older wingers I am using currently.

Rachid Bouallal - 23 - MAR - AMRL/ST - I expect him to step into any one of the three positions by the end of this season, he is also here to help el Bahri fit in as he was having trouble, but is adjusting well now.

Johan Carrasso - 23 - FRA - GK - This guy just looks amazing in goal and I think he is the final piece to cover IVo, who I believe will now be out of the picture following a poor performance compared to the younger guys last season.

I also tried to pick up:

Enzo Rousset - 19 -FRA - MC - An excellent steal from Red Star 93, I needed an extra midfielder and this guy looks like the business.

But he got stolen by CSKA Sofia

Out

Hernani - He was getting on at 29 and I decided to just get rid of him and try out some fresh blood, sad to lose my captain, but he wasn't performing.

Nelsinho - As above at 31 he was past it.

Kita - He had only ever been a back-up for my side and now was the time to send him away.

Santana - At 32 he was past it and putting him out to pasture was a good idea.

Leitao - At 37 he decided to retire is now looking for a coaching job.

Looking at this I have kept my wages flat at 10k, while telling the board I will challenge for the title again and they have given me a wage budget of 14k and again a transfer budget of 2k.

International Players

Jonathan managed to feature in one more game for Venezula so I will update you on his international career. He has also been called up for the Copa America so I will be watching that intensely.

|  Season  | Games | Goals | Assists | MoM | Avg Rat |
| 2010/11  |  2(2) |   0   |    1    |  0  |  7.13   |
| 2011/12  |  0    |   0   |    0    |  0  |         |

Games

| vs Martinique  1-1 |   0   |    0    |  0  |  6.90   |   on 68  |
| at Nthlds Ant  3-0 |   0   |    1    |  0  |  7.50   |  sub 76  |
| at St Martin   0-2 |   0   |    0    |  0  |  ----   |   on 90  |
| vs US Virgin   3-0 |   0   |    0    |  0  |  7.00   |  sub 77  |

2011/12 Des Tiny's Fafe

Pre-Season Update

I had already decided on a big policy of rotation in the pre-season as I wanted to try out every combination and also check out my new players whle at the same time trying to get some cohesion in the squad, and hopefully lift morale. In saying this I booked in eight friendlies between July 27th & August 19th. So first up I had Naval back for their second visit to Fafe after I thrashed them 3-0 two seasons ago.

Pre-Season Results

vs Naval             0-1

vs Ac. Viseu         2-0  MoM: Freitas
Freitas (17), Borja (90+3)

at Imortal           1-0  MoM: Jonathan
Cafu (12)

at Pescadores        3-0  MoM: Martinho
Martinho (26,46,54)

at Pinhalnovense     1-0  MoM: Martinho
Martinho (90+3)

vs Real Sociedad "B" 4-0  MoM: Bozic
Borja (11), Bozic (17,72)

at U. Santarem       2-0  MoM: Tiago
Ruben (24), Tiago (75)

vs Avanca            1-0  MoM: Borja
Toninho (85)

vs Beira-Mar MG      1-0  MoM: Bozic
Bozic (31)

I was absolutely delighted with those results, only one goal allowed in 8 matches and scoring 15, I could not ask for more, except maybe a bit of consistency which is still slightly lacking upfront. But the teams morale is up after that, which is what I needed. So I have expectations myself of gaining promotion this season, the board only wanted a Mid-Table finish and betting puts me at 8-1 (mid-table) and the media predict I will finish 7th. That is just unacceptable, so my team will be going for it from the start to try and wrap up a title before we are promoted.

Players to watch this season

Martinho - Should be the number 1 goalscorer again, hopefully getting more than last season.

Bozic - The new man upfront looks to match Martinho goal for goal.

Kipulo - Fans Player of the Year last season and the new club captain, can he keep it up?

Frietas - Will most likely be the number one goalie, but with stiff competition this season.

Jonathan - He is my pick to star this season, he has everything in the right places, the defense is a rock with him on the park. And adding another international cap in the Copa America.

| at Mexico      0-2 |   0   |    0    |  0  |  ----   |   on 76  |

Rubens - The left winger has no one really challenging for his spot so should run away in this place.

Borja - This guy has to be the signing of the offseason, I can't wait to see him in action down the right wing.

2011/12 Des Tiny's Fafe

Mid Season Update

Well following the great form in friendlies all I could hope for was for it to continue into the season, I was extremely worried when first game up we went into the half 2-0 down, but we came back to steal a draw in that game.

Our first cup game of the season came early and we set the pace with a 5-0 thrashing of a lower league club, we then followed this up in the third round with a 3-0 thrashing of a second lower league club, 4th round here we come.

October: A Month of Fafe

In October we managed to win all three games and put on a good performance while doing it, this resulted in a near sweep of the awards for the division:

Player of the Month - Braga, Runner-up Martinho

Manager of the Month - Des Tiny (3 wins)

Goal of the Month - 2nd Braga

So we made it to the half way point of the season with an awesome record of 8 wins 3 draws and 0 losses, it looked good for Fafe with us 7 points clear at the top of the table. In the process our Strikers had got their Mojo together and the club had scored 23 goals in these eleven games, and the defense was working as well having only allowed 6. Fafe has not lost in 13 straight league games dating back to 2010/11 & 15 competitive fixtures back to the same date. Attendance is up and the strikers are scoring, I am exactly where I want to be.

Individually there were some clear stars, Pedro Freitas who has not allowed a goal in the last 503 minutes of football, Bozic who has 9 goals & 9 assists in 11 appearances, Martinho with 7 goals in 12(1) appearances & Braga who has 6 goals in 11(2) appearances.

All around a good start from AD Fafe in 2011/12 may it continue. (No screenshots this time, if you want to see anything just ask as always.)

Des Tiny's Fafe Portuguese Cup Update

I am heading into the 5th round of the cup, I am currently 8 points clear in the league. AD Fafe are on a 21 game streak without a loss which equates to 2 Promotion League Games in 2010/11, 3 Portuguese Cup Games in 2011/12 & 16 League Games in 2011/12. I could see all of this crumble around me as I face P Ferreira (Liga Sagres) in the 5th Round of the Cup, I am going to send the boys out to a rousing speech culminating in "Boys this is the biggest game of your lives, I want you to do it for the FANS!"

C'mon FAFE!!! BOZ IC BOZ IC BOZIC!!! A D FAFE!!!

Des Tiny's Fafe Halftime Report

Heading into halftime the game is an absolute stalemate. Surprising all the critics AD Fafe have managed to control the ball holding 58% possession, though unable to get a single shot on target. The only Clear Chance of the first half went to Vieira who managed to put it off the cross bar and out for a goal kick. AD Fafe have really played the ball around and the 3,729 fans who have turned up to watch have been in for a real treat, now its time to cross back live to the pitch for the second half.

Des Tiny's Fafe Goal Update

In the 78th minute a great tackle by Bozic followed by a deft pass into space put Martinho away one-on-one with the goalie he stepped off his left and slammed it home with his right into the bottom left corner of the goal, and the whole crowd are on their feet going wild, AD FAFE HAVE THE LEAD!!! MARTINHO has given them the chance of a lifetime.

Des Tiny's Fafe Amazing Victory Count 1

Leaving the team on the park with 12 minutes to go, I put the faith in them to hold it together and pull off the momentus victory. The opposition were fighting right to the end, with 5 minutes to go they changed to a 2-4-4, which meant I was under a huge amount of pressure, Freitas withstood it all including 3 one-on-ones clearing the ball back up the field for AD Fafe to take the victory and progress to the 6th round of the Portuguese cup and keep the now 22 game unbeaten streak alive. But by god those were the longest 4 minutes of injury time in my life.

Interestingly I was only 10-1 against...so the odds weren't as bad as I thought haha.

Des Tiny's Fafe 2011/12

End of First Phase Update

At halfway my team was 8-3-0 and all I really wanted in the second half was to try and wrap up a championship, and possibly continue my amazing unbeaten streak. I was delighted as the team were playing like men possessed, making the 6th round of the Portuguese Cup before losing 3-0 to Maritimo, but it was an excellent run.

As for the First Stage and the Championship Trophy...The Trophy now resides in my Cabinet sitting proudly alongside my Manager of the Month October 2011 award. I have not managed to wrap up any other awards in the season, but I am delighted to have finished top and now am heading to the Promotion stages looking forward to some big games from the stars of my team. Freitas has been the biggest one this season, he allowed 4 goals in the 13 games he started in the first phase, so now its onto Promotion.

Some Screenshots to delight those visual ones among you.

Winning the Title

Let see who Starred

A Fans Favourite had something to say

Stats for the Division

The League Table

Positional Graph

Money is like a sinkhole, but the board keep bailing me out

What the Fans like

An amazing Cup Run

Let the Boards Praises be heard

Des Tiny's AD Fafe 2011/12

Full Season Update

First I want to congratulate my players on winning the division this season, I am disappointed with not being promoted, but tomorrow is another season. Lets have a look at the Highlight of the Season.

22 Game Unbeaten Streak

08/05/11 at Lousada    3-1
Vieira, Martinho, Kipulo

15/05/11 vs Maia       1-1
Martinho

28/08/11 at Lourosa    2-2
Bozic, Martinho

04/09/11 vs Lixa       2-1
Bozic, Ernesto

11/09/11 at Vila Real  1-0
el Bahri

18/09/11 vs Moreirense 3-0
Martinho, Bozic, Kipulo

25/09/11 vs R. Agueda  5-0
Bozic, Stevens, Martinho (3)

28/09/11 at Tirense    0-0

09/10/11 vs Infesta    4-1
Braga (2), Bozic (2)

16/10/11 at Maia       3-1
Cafu, OG, Kipulo

30/10/11 vs Vianense   4-0
Martinho, Braga (2), Vieira

06/11/11 at Aves       1-1
Bozic

20/11/11 at Valenciano 3-0
Martinho, Braga (2)

23/11/11 at Penafiel   1-0
Vieira

27/11/11 vs Freamunde  2-0
Bozic (2)

11/12/11 at Lixa       2-0
Toninho, Braga

14/12/11 vs Lourosa    2-0
Martinho, OG

18/12/11 at Lixa       2-0
Vieira, Braga

28/12/11 vs Vila Real  2-0
Sampaio, Martinho

08/01/12 at Moreirense 5-0
Martinho, el Bahri, Bozic (2), Ruben

15/01/12 vs Tirsense   1-1
Cafu

22/01/12 vs P.Ferreira 1-0
Martinho

A stunning run of games that also included my longest winning streak and my longest streak without conceding, it also saw Freitas get his longest personal streak without conceding. And this run set-upthe whole season that was to come, after this fell though the team never performed the same again and this is what caused us to miss the Promotion Semi-Finals by just a single point.

The players who made a difference this season and will still be around in the 4th AD Fafe season under Des Tiny's management are:

Freitas - How can anyone replace him in goal? A season like this comes once in a lifetime.

Kipulo - Captain Fantastic and the man of the moment as he won Fans Player of the year for the second time

Borja - His stats may not look like much, but he is able to do reasonably well on the right wing.

Vieira - He surprised everyone as the battle against Ruben ended up a little one sided and Vieira became the number 1 left winger once more.

Braga - Started the season as a back-up Right wing and ended up making the perfect switch into the midfield and taking to the place like a fish to water.

Bozic & Martinho - Both scoring over 15 goals on the season, this pair gave us the chance, but will have some stiff competition in the new season.

And of Course:

Jonathan - Another great season from the right back, hopefully it can continue for another.

(I will add some screenshots to this soon)

| 2011/12  |   2nd A   |       1st       |        2nd          | League Champions

Des Tiny's Epic Update Part I

Having spent 4 seasons in the Second Division A I thought now would be a great time to look back over the past four years and check out how we really performed. So here we are going to see an update on the results of each season, how we fared against differen opposition and in my opinion most importantly a bit more information about each of the players who made it happen for me and maybe for the big names..where they are now.

2009/10 A Mixed Beginning

I signed as manager of the Club in June and straight away went about building on some of the talent my squad already had, the updates on players can come later. First lets check out how I fared against all the teams in the league, and then a look at some of the teams stats for the season.

The Record

|    Opponent       | League Record GF GA | Cup Record GF GA | All time Record GF GA |
|-------------------|---------------------|------------------|-----------------------|
| Lixa              |     2-0-0      4  2 |    0-0-0    0  0 |      2-0-0       4  2 |
| Ribeira Brava     |     2-1-1      3  4 |    0-0-0    0  0 |      2-1-1       3  4 |
| Moreirense        |     3-1-0      9  3 |    0-0-0    0  0 |      3-1-0       9  3 |
| Ribeirao          |     3-0-1      8  2 |    0-0-0    0  0 |      3-0-1       8  2 |
| Vilanovense       |     0-0-0      0  0 |    1-0-0    2  0 |      1-0-0       2  0 |
| Lousada           |     1-1-2      6  7 |    0-0-0    0  0 |      1-1-2       6  7 |
| Valdevez          |     0-1-1      0  3 |    0-0-0    0  0 |      0-1-1       0  3 |
| Gondomar SC       |     0-1-3      4  7 |    0-0-0    0  0 |      0-1-3       4  7 |
| Tirsense          |     1-0-1      4  2 |    0-0-0    0  0 |      1-0-1       4  2 |
| Vianense          |     1-1-0      4  3 |    0-0-0    0  0 |      1-1-0       4  3 |
| Santa Clara       |     0-0-0      0  0 |    1-0-0    1  0 |      1-0-0       1  0 |
| Infesta           |     2-0-0      6  2 |    0-0-0    0  0 |      2-0-0       6  2 |
| Maia              |     1-1-0      2  1 |    0-0-0    0  0 |      1-1-0       2  1 |
| Tourizense        |     0-0-0      0  0 |    1-0-0    3  1 |      1-0-0       3  1 |
| Benfica           |     0-0-0      0  0 |    0-0-1    0  2 |      0-0-1       0  2 |
|-------------------|---------------------|------------------|-----------------------|

So I showed up a couple of teams, but I also got shown how to play by Lousada and Gondomar SC, following Gondomar getting promoted I was quite happy with that season all around.

An overall record of 19-7-10 with goals at 52 for and 39 against, it was an interesting start, very pleased to make the promotion stage of the division at our first attempt.

The Players

|    Name           | Pos | Games | Goals | Assts | MoM | Avg Rat |
|-------------------|-----|-------|-------|-------|-----|---------|
| Ernesto           | MR  |  34   |   1   |  10   |  2  |   7.04  |
| Kipulo            | DL  |  30   |   5   |   1   |  3  |   7.13  |
| Mendonca          | DC  |  32   |   1   |   3   |  0  |   7.01  |
| Rodrigues         | DC  |  34   |   1   |   0   |  2  |   7.12  |
| Viera             | MRL |  35   |   1   |   3   |  1  |   6.92  |
| Ferriera          | DC  |   1   |   0   |   0   |  0  |   7.20  |
| Hernani           | AMC |  32   |   5   |   7   |  0  |   6.82  |*
| Toninho           | ST  |  15   |   3   |   1   |  0  |   6.33  |*
| Fernando          | DC  |   7   |   0   |   0   |  0  |   6.29  |
| Protasio          | DC  |   3   |   0   |   0   |  0  |   6.00  |
| Graca             | MRC |   5   |   0   |   0   |  0  |   6.20  |
| Carvalheiro       | DML |   4   |   0   |   0   |  0  |   6.72  |
| Santana           | ST  |  36   |   5   |   1   |  2  |   6.23  |*
| Leitao            | ST  |  12   |   3   |   1   |  0  |   6.28  |*
| Djalmir           | ST  |  33   |  15   |   3   |  5  |   6.59  |*
| Dunga             | DM  |  36   |   1   |   1   |  1  |   7.05  |*
| Jorge             | Dc  |  10   |   0   |   0   |  0  |   6.96  |
| Primo             | DR  |  33   |   2   |   4   |  4  |   7.20  |
| Dani              | AMC |  11   |   1   |   2   |  0  |   6.47  |*
| Kita              | ML  |  29   |   1   |   2   |  0  |   6.75  |*
|-------------------|-----|-------|-------|-------|-----|---------|

Keepers

|    Name       | Games | Conc | Clean | MoM | Avg Rat |
|---------------|-------|------|-------|-----|---------|
| Ivo           |  36   |  39  |   12  |  1  |   6.91  |*
|---------------|-------|------|-------|-----|---------|

Of the entire squad from my debut season only 5 players still remain, they are Ernesto, Kipulo, Mendonca, Rodrigues & vieira. All the others have been moved on, but these 5 have been great players since the beginning and will most likely continue to be great players. So taking that into account, where are the rest of them now. Well Djalmir has retired, Leitao, Jorge & Primo are coaching. The rest are scattered around clubs.

Liga Sagres - Ivo, Dani,

Liga Vitalis - Ferreira, Hernani, Protasio, Graca,

2nd Division - Toninho, Fernando, Carvalheiro, Kita

Other Leagues - Santana, Dunga

So that was the state of my first season, stay tuned for a second season update and progression as it comes. If you want any screenshots of players from this era, just give me a message and I will get you a screenshot if i can, of course with some players now retired it may be harder, but I can do my best.

AD Fafe's All Time Players Update

2009/10 Top Players

Appearances - Dunga (36)

Goalscorer - Djalmir (15)

Assists - Ernesto (10)

MoM - Djalmir (5)

Yellows - Rodrigues (8)

Reds - Rodrigues (1)

Avg Rating - Kipulo (7.13)

Fans Player of the Year - Primo DR

Best Eleven & Where they are now

GK - Ivo - Academica (Liga Sagres)

DR - Primo - Unemployed Coach

DL - Kipulo - AD Fafe (Liga Vitalis)

DC - Rodrigues - AD Fafe (Liga Vitalis)

DC - Mendonca - Unemployed

DM - Dunga - Unemployed

MR - Ernesto - Atletico CP (2DC)

ML - Vieira - Unemployed

AM - Hernani - Gil Vicente (Liga Vitalis)

ST - Santana - Torre Moncorvo (2DD)

ST - Djalmir - Retired

2010/11 Top Players

Appearances - Martinho & Rodrigues (34)

Goalscorer - Martinho (16)

Assists - Ruben (9)

MoM - Ernesto (6)

Yellows - Rodrigues (5)

Reds - Fernandes, Joao (1)

Avg Rating - Kipulo (7.23)

Fans Player of the Year - Kipulo DL

Best Eleven

GK - Frietas - AD Fafe (Liga Vitalis)

DR - Jonathan - AD Fafe (Liga Vitalis)

DC - Mendonca - Unemployed

DM - Fernandes - Beira-Mar (Liga Sagres)

ML - Ruben - AD Fafe (Liga Vitalis)

AM - Nelsinho - Vizela (Liga Vitalis)

ST - Martinho - Unemployed

ST - Bozic - AD Fafe (Liga Vitalis)

2011/12 Top Players

Appearances - Bozic (35)

Goalscorer - Martinho, Bozic (17)

Assists - Bozic (15)

MoM - Braga (7)

Yellows - Rodrigues (7)

Reds - Fernandes & Vieira (1)

Avg Rating - Kipulo (7.21)

Best Eleven

GK - Frietas - AD Fafe (Liga Vitalis)

DC - Ricardo - AD Fafe (Liga Vitalis)

ML - Vieira - Unemployed

AM - Braga - Unemployed

ST - Martinho - Unemployed

ST - Bozic - AD Fafe (Liga Vitalis)

2012/13 Top Players

Appearances - Moreno (39)

Goalscorer - Garcia (24)

Assists - Borja (10)

MoM - Garcia (7)

Yellows - Rodrigues (9)

Reds - Rodrigues & Ricardo, Paulo (1)

Avg Rating - Kipulo (7.30)

Best Eleven

GK - Carrasso - AD Fafe (Liga Vitalis)

DC - Ricardo - AD Fafe (Liga Vitalis)

MR - Borja - AD Fafe (Liga Vitalis)

ML - Ruben - AD Fafe (Liga Vitalis)

AM - Moreno - AD Fafe (Liga Vitalis)

ST - Suanes - AD Fafe (Liga Vitalis)

ST - Garcia - AD Fafe (Liga Vitalis)

Top Players for AD Fafe in four years of 2DA Football

Appearances - Rodrigues (133)

Goalscorer - Martinho (39)

Assists - Ernesto (28)

MoM - Kipulo (15)

Yellows - Rodrigues (29)

Reds - Rodrigues & Fernandes (2)

Avg Rating - Kipulo (7.22)

Des Tiny's Player of 2009-2013 - Kipulo - Captain for 2 years, 125 games, 30 goals, 6 assists, Man of Match 15, Yellow Cards 8, No Reds and Avg Rating of 7.22. Under Kipulo's Reign as Captain two 2nd Division A Titles and Promotion to Liga Vitalis.

Overall Best Eleven

GK - Frietas

DR - Jonathan

DL - Kipulo

DC - Ricardo

DC - Rodrigues

DM - Fernandes

MR - Ernesto

ML - Ruben

AM - Braga

ST - Martinho

ST - Bozic

So I said I had some Screenshots to show from previous updates here they are, can't put together what they are all about, but in a short list.

2nd Division Youth Player of Year

Postponement

It was Unexpected

The U19s were awesome

2nd Division Team of the Year

A View to show everything

Overall Stats

Promotion Stage

The Title Hunt

Summary ofn the Season

Great Semi-Final Win

Fafe's All time Best XI

A wide range - Players join from all over the globe.

Manager of the Year - No greater accolade for a Manager

Cammilluzzi - A familar face suggested by my scouts.

Glory Glory AD Fafe

Fans AThankful

Fans player of the Year - Kipulo once more.

Back to Back - A repeat with the title.

Fafe's Best XI this year

Repeating is fun

Absolutely delighted

My Board love me

Youth Player of the Year

Promotion Stages

1st Phase

The Players

Ricardo

Kipulo

Rodrigues

Carrasso

Fernandes

Ruben

Joonthan

Garcia

Suanes

Sampaio

Borja

Moreno

Here is a shot of all the stats for my players while in the 2DA

update2dastatswi1.jpg

And some shots from the beginning of the new Season

Some good TV Money

Harmony a huge Factor

Player of the Month September

Manager of the Month - Des Tiny becomes Mr October

Another 3 Years - Tiny in control with a new contract

Who needs to move teams?

Well with a lot of movement expected over the summer months, I decided to do a special update on who is coming and going from Fafe with the aim of building a title winning Liga Vitalis squad for 2014/15 season. (I will include a world cup update at some point too)

Ins

Golas - A Young Keeper, who I think could grow to replace Carrasso.

Sanchez - This guy is to give me some more options in the centre of midfield.

Lima - Looks to replace Kipulo in the new season, the fan favourite is now 32 and looks like needing a rest.

Flasse - Needing a new player in the centre of my defense, my older players need replacing as they aren't up to the current standard.

Fiore - Clearly one for the future, lets see him play first though.

Ciza - He will be the starting DM for the new season.

Dulom - A new Left Winger, younger than Ruben and of a similar quality should battle for a starting spot.

Mpon A Rim - The next big thing up front or on the wing, may play back-up to Garcia, Fonseca and (Name escapes me) but will be a part of it.

Reis - A high value DC looks to assert himself in the new season.

M Ferreira - A youthful Right winger, hopefully better than the previous versions.Borges - Most likely next seasons DL back-up, unless Kipulo is still up to it.

Outs

Ricardo - The first DC to sogn with a new club after seeing my coming shake-up.

Bozic - The striker was just not up to quality anymore and had comfortably been replaced.

Diaz - The Attacking Midfielder never got a place in the team and is gone very quickly.

Freitas - The goalie with the least goals conceded in a season has been surpassed by two others, time to find a new team.

De Sousa - Was supposedly better than Borja, but he never proved it, time to leave.

Antunes - My first ever Youth Project, no development whatsoever leaves him out, but he actually found a team to take him.

Lepetit - The DC couldn't get past the rest, time to take a trip elsewhere.

Tiago - A long time member of the squad but only a few starts he is out on his Arse.

Steven - Another long time benchwarmer has been asked to leave.

Suanes - The striker never really made it top class and as such leaves earlier than he should.

FM 09 was class, I still have it because of epic saves with Santa Cruz and Halmia :D

I read that this was part of JoseRR's challenge but for some reason when I read the title I thought this from the Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge in the C&E section as I remember you being a side from there on FM09 :D

FM 09 was class, I still have it because of epic saves with Santa Cruz and Halmia :D

I read that this was part of JoseRR's challenge but for some reason when I read the title I thought this from the Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge in the C&E section as I remember you being a side from there on FM09 :D

It actually is from there. I am going to paste up the first 20(?) seasons, and then update going forwards, already playing in 2029 :D

The Fafe Football Messenger

Jersey 61 Retired

Thursday July 24th 2014 - Fafe

I am writing from the headquarters of Associação Desportiva de Fafe where there has been a huge ceremony this evening to celebrate a great player. Jose "Kipulo" Pereira has been celebrated as one of the greatest players this club has ever seen. He joined the club in July 2009 and after 5 top class seasons with the club he has left earlier today when he has signed a contract with Rio Ave. In a first in Portuguese Football the jersey Kipulo wore in his playing days has been retired and will not be worn again in this club. The Number 61 was raised to the roof in this ceremony while the man himself was surrounded by his loved ones.

Kipulo captained this team for the past three seasons, he was the fans player of the year in 2010/11, 2011/12 & 2012/13. He captained the side to back to back victories in the Second Division Group A in 2011/12 and 2012/13. Over his five years in Fafe he started 162 times, for 44 goals, 7 assists, 19 Man of the Match awards for an average rating in this paper of 7.24. A glittering career for a true man of the people, it is a sad day to say it has come to an end. Everything must end eventually, even a career like this. Des Tiny ended the function by saying "A club of Fafe's reputation only sees a player like this once in a lifetime, I wish him the best of luck and hope he will think of us if he ever wishes to come back to coaching."

Des Tiny is Keeping the Fafe

2014/15 Preseason Update

Heading into this season, my main aim was just to improve on my finish from last season and if possible push for promotion. The bookmakers had us as outsiders to gain promotion, but gave us the Dark Horse tag.

So going into the Pre-season I wanted to test my mix of new players and old players and see how I could go about it. After the drawing of the League Cup 1st round I only had 4 friendlies remaining, so I planned to us my home and away against fellow Liga Vitalis team, ??????, as a test for my players. With the board only caring about us making the first round any more would be a bonus.

The Friendlies

at Leca         1-1
Garcia

at Sp. Pombal   3-0
Dulom, Moreno, Garcia

at Immortal     4-0
Garcia (2), Cardinali, Barros

vs Beira Mar    1-0
Garcia

The League Cup

1st Round

at Portimonense  1-2
Garcia

vs Portimonense  1-0 p5-4
Garcia

2nd Round

vs P.Ferreira    2-0
OG, Mpon A Rim

The Squad

Goalkeepers

Carrasso - Second season with the club, will be the number one man between the pipes.

Vitor Golas - My Youthful back-up, if Carrasso goes down at least I have someone who can take his spot.

Defenders

Jonathan - We all know him and I hope we are starting to love him, Venezulan Right Back.

Vitor - A great Right Back, but he may end up as back-up with Jonathan still able to rip up that side of the park.

Monasterio - Affectionately known as The Monster, a left back who will share duties with Lima this season.

Lima - With less than half the squad now hailing from Portugal, Lima is hoping to link with his fellow hometown heroes for something miraculous.

Rodrigues - Long time servant of the club, he is the only remaining player from the 2008/09 Campaign.

Barros - One of the new men to help and defend for the club, a great signing, but can he perform?

Reis - Another new kid on the block, but is in a purely cover situation, Central Defenders seem weak around at the moment, may have to look further abroad.

Flasse - A Belgian who has managed to break into the starting side immediately, hopefully his defense is as good as his mouth.

Midfielders

Sampaio - Long time player, last seasons Player of the Year.

Ciza - A great looking Defensive manded midfielder, has pushed the player of the year from his spot.

Andre Ferreira - Young Right Winger, a great product of my Youth Factory.

Miguel Ferreiria - The newest star of the right wing, he has some large boots to fill, but I believe he has the needed qualities.

Dulom - Probably one of the toughest fights for position is going to be Dulom vs Ruben.

Ruben - For the first time in a few years he has a battle on his hands to keep his place in the side. Good Luck to the boy.

Sanchez - Yes the boys call him "The Dirty One" a back-up for Moreno, he is hoping to get some games, though with the current financial situation his stay may be short.

Fiore - A young possible future AMC star, but U19s for now.

Moreno - The Midfield star from last season returns and hopes to reaffirm himself as the creative master.

Strikers

Mpon A Rim - New player, hard name, and thinks he is the centre, show me why first.

Cardinali - Able to play at AMC as well allows for him to play slightly behind Garcia and feed beautifully.

Garcia - The Sniper.

Fonseca - The Young Gun.

Des Tiny is Keeping the Fafe

Liga Vitalis 2013/14 First 3rd Update

Well a simple start for the season was all i asked of my boys, and I have to say I ended up pretty pleased with the results, the first 10 games of the season managed to see us 2nd on the table, two points ahead of our nearest challengers and two points behind Varzim, who it looks like i will fight for the title. The early days were definitely improved by the sight of our Captain Ruben making it 2nd in the Goal of the Month for August, followed by a delightful September with Cardinali coming 3rd in the Player of the Month, and also delighted to see Garcia pick up 3rd in the Goal of the Month. At this point I was unsure if it could get any better, the team were flying high, but improvement was just around the corner as in October Des Tiny picked up the Manager of the Month award, and we featured for the third straight month, with Cardinali taking out the Goal of the Month.

Also the board tried to help our finances with a lot of small change...

Money 1

Money 2

The Players who starred so far

The Monster - Wow Wow Wow, that left back seat is a great spot, any player would do well there, but at 19, The Monster has it wrapped up.

Ferreira - Playing well for the youth team made a few subs in the seniors.

Cardinali - Another Young star in this new line-up can't fault him.

Garcia - 10 goals so far this season...BRILLIANT

Ruben - Captain Fantastic, involved in everything.

Barros - The 22 year old Portuguese defender has beaten off two much older men to set himself in stone in this spot.

Moreno - A bit of a rollercoaster season, but he is definitely getting into the role.

Des Tiny's very quick 13 Games Left Update

So it all comes down to this, 13 games to go. Table looks like this (Well the top does).

1st Varzim     40  +20
2nd Beira-Mar  40  +17

3rd Fafe       39  +19
4th Naval      30  + 4
5th Leiria     26  + 4

So it is now a three horse race, well not 100%, but a 9 point gap with only 13 games remaining is hard to make up. 2 teams will be promoted and currently I am 1 point off those two, but well in touch and my last two games of the season are away vs Varzim & home vs Beira-Mar, so overturning the draw against Varzim and defeat to Beira-Mar is my main aim, if I can pull that off the title should be mine.

Des Tiny's Keeping the Fafe

2014/15 Liga Vitalis

End of Season Update

Management

Well a true roller coaster season this one, at one early point I was worried that mid-table may end up being a challenge, but the club came together and all through the year were able to keep up and keep competing. Des Tiny showed his class as he pulled out numerous appearances in the Manager of the Month awards, November was 2nd, January he came 3rd, February meant a climb back to second, before in March he took the ultimate prize with a victory, all this culminating in him being awarded the supreme Manager of the Year for Liga Vitalis.

Finances

Finances were a real problem once more, the board had to keep injecting More Money into the club just to keep us at about negative one million pounds, it also meant a cut in wage budget for the season which saw me release about a dozen players over the season to keep it under control.

Promotion

It was only three games from the end of the season when AD Fafe managed to confirm their status in Liga Sagres for next year by guaranteeing Promotion. This led to the fans being thankful for the unexpected promotion, the board being delighted and fan favourite Kipulo saying a few kind words. The only person who seemed to be Ungrateful was Paulo Fonseca who would not sign a new contract and is now leaving the club who trained him.

Title Hunt

This led to an interesting battle brewing with Beira-Mar for the title. With the three games remaining AD Fafe had a 4 point lead and a win in any of the three remaining games would seal the deal and lead them to the title. The final games being against all three promotion contenders, Naval at home, Varzim away and the final game against Title Contenders Beira-Mar to wrap up the season. Des Tiny was hoping to steal a victory before Fafe had to face Beira-Mar at home, but it was not to be. With a 2-2 draw against Naval followed by a 0-2 defeat against Varzim it came to the final game against Beira-Mar. AD Fafe had a single point lead going into the match so a draw would be enough to proclaim themselves Champions of Liga Vitalis 2014/15.

The Game

It all started so well with AD Fafe dominating for the first 11 mins which culminated in a mistake by Beira-Mar's keeper to let Cardinali in for the easiest goal he had scored all season on the rebound. This goal seemed to fire up the opposition who for the rest of the half were like dogs holding onto a piece of meat, they would not give up and when Flasse missed an interception they were in to draw the game at the 20 minute mark. After the game settled down a lot more, but the oppostion were still on top of AD Fafe right up til halftime. During the break Des Tiny sat the boys down and gave them a rousing speech about wrapping this one up for the fans, getting another trophy in that cabinet and how beating them would show us as a chance for next season. The boys ran back out of the dressing room with fire in their hearts. Beira-Mar never looked in the game after that with Moreno giving AD Fafe a lead on the 60 minute mark from a beautiful long range shot which slotted into the top corner. When Flasse went off injured Des told the boys to pull back a bit and defend their lead, but the boys kept piling up the numbers and the opposition could do nothing about it. The photo the following day in the Fafe Football Messenger showed Tiny sitting on the bench with his hands wringing together in the final moments. As the whistle blew the crowd of 6713 erupted as AD Fafe had taken home their third title in four years and been promoted, the whole stadium emptied onto the park and the players were overwhelmed, Cardinali was lifted high as the players cheered the fans on. A stunning victory and a 4 point win in the league.

Final Score

Fafeful Champions

With the Championship secured the fans had a riot showing Tiny how thankful they were, while Kipulo came out and called Tiny "The Wonder Maker" No one could doubt that he had elevated the clubs Stature in the years he had been there, and the board were delighted to be adding another trophy to the cabinet. This huge outpouring had put Confidence through the roof and led to many more awards heading AD Fafe's way.

Final League Tables

League Table

U19s Group 2

The Presentations

The first award presented was for the Liga Vitalis

Team of the Year, shockingly only one AD Fafe name was called out, that of Monasteiro "The Monster" this caused Tiny to nod thoughtfully, he was quoted later as saying, "Hopefully next season he will be Monstering Porto"

Up next we saw the presentation for the leading helper of the season, the crowd went silent before erupting as The Monster picked up the award for the Most Assists. Tiny was gathered in the small group that went up with The Monster to accept this award, The Monster's acceptance speech thanked the club, but most of all the players, without them I could not assist on goals.

Other awards for AD Fafe players saw Garcia picked 3rd in the Player of the Year and Cardinali come 2nd in the Top Goalscorer, but the biggest surprise of the night came near the end when AD Fafe was given the award for the Most Improved Club for the second year running.

And the finale of the night saw Des Tiny on stage presented with the Manager of the Year award. Des Tiny thanked all the other managers and told them how he would be disappointed to not face them all again next year, wished them the best of luck and hoped he could represent them well against the big clubs.

Who Are AD Fafe?

A lot of players played a part this season, but here is Tiny's selection of the best players for his club this season. In goal without a doubt the number one keeper in Liga Vitalis was Carrasso, he showed the way from the start of the season, during his small injury breaks we had a great back-up in Golas, he never let the side down and did his job well. His only let down being a highly disappointing game against FC Porto.

In the defense there were some real stars this season led by none other than The Monster, he led the team in assists, he took corners and even fired in free kicks, but the Monster's defense was also superior and at only 19 he has a huge future. Also doing great in defense were Jonathan, Flasse & Barros, this was the core line at the back and they did excellently, as AD Fafe only allowed 25 goals in 30 games during the League Season, 33 goals in 37 for the whole season. These four were amply backed up by Vitor & Lima.

In Midfield the engines were really working overtime, with several key injuries during the season there was a great battle going on, but there really was a group atmosphere about these players, none of them tried to outshine the others and in the end they all did exactly what was asked of them. Ruben, Dulom - He has a chant (to the tune of Do Run Run) Du Lom Lom Lom, Du Lom Lom (I know its sad), Moreno, Fiore, Ciza, Miguel Ferreira & Sampaio. And in the youth team one player stood above all the rest, Andre Ferreira had a great season for the Youth team and a few bench starts for the Seniors, a good season by the young boy.

Upfront AD Fafe had never been able to field two strong strikers at any time in the past this season was completely different as Garcia had an amazing season taking his tally of goals for AD Fafe past 50, and he was joined by Cardinali who was amazing in the league as he was second in the League's scoring charts and managed to show himself as worthy of Liga Sagres attention. These two had good back-ups in Mpon A Rim & the traitor, Fonseca.

By the Numbers

The Squad

Youth Squad

Liga Vitalis Team Stats

Liga Vitalis Player Stats

Fafe Stats

Club Info

Fafe Facts

| 2011/12  |   2nd A   |       1st       |        2nd          | League Champions
| 2012/13  |   2nd A   |       1st       |        1st          | League Champions & Promotion
| 2013/14  |  Vitalis  |       5th       |        N/A          | 
| 2014/15  |  Vitalis  |       1st       |        N/A          | League Champions & Promotion

Well this was going to be my Pre-Season Update, but instead Imageshack is down so I will just bring you one stunning effort.

Liga Vitalis Goal of the Season

Video of the Goal of the Season courtesy of Emmanuale Cardinali.

I must say that the moment I saw this goal I had nominated it for the award, never thought it would be the one, but it is a great goal. Goal of AD Fafe's last six seasons in my books. Its very poor quality, but I will try and make a better one soon :)

2015/16 Liga Sagres

Pre Season Update

End of Season Wrap-up

The end of the season came around quickly, with several new awards to be handed out, the Season Summary shows AD Fafe winning the title and Beira-Mar joining us in the top flight for the next season. As shown in my video clip earlier here is Cardinali winning the Goal of the Season.

In other parts discussion on AD Fafe's Best XI's began, first up was the naming of the Overall Best XI: a couple of surprises in here as Dulom was named on the left wing ahead of Ruben (Captain Fantastic) and also Vitor at the back named over Jonathan. The voting also pushed Kipulo & Rodrigues out to be replaced by Barros & The Monster. Cardinali and Garcia comfortably formed the striking partnership.

In the team of the year the surprises were not so clear, Best XI 2014/15: For the first time our Diamond formation was shown, and Ruben made the team of the season, with Dulom nowhere to be seen, The rest of the squad kind of picked itself. Garcia, Cardinali, Moreno, Ruben, Ferreira (M), Ciza, The Monster, Flasse, Barros, Jonathan & Carrasso.

The Off Season's Interest

Following the off season we headed into the new season full of ideas, with a new TV Rights deal signed worth a whooping 1 million to the club and a reasonably low new Kit Sponsor it seemed money may still be tight. But the Media have no Fafe in the club putting them clearly in the Relegation race: Odds, this led to the board to expect us to bravely fight as our Expectations. This gave Tiny 45k to work with on wages and a non-existant transfer budget, but the club sold a large number of Season Tickets and Tiny was then given a new two season contract to try and stay in the top league. He straight away asked the board for a new Feeder Club and was rewarded with a club in the French National Division.

Players Coming In

Well first we saw three players named into international squads, Under 20s Wolrd Cup - Fiore called up for Italy. Copa America - Garcia and Jonathan Called up for Venezuela, these guys have been delights in my seasons so far, and Fiore is the hope for the future at AMC.

I had to head to free transfers as with the promotion my team was always going to need some changes so I brought in Schulte to help in defense, he can play in the middle and on the right, will most likely fill in as a centre back. Lopez is going to become one of three main strikers alongside Cardinali and Garcia, while Melim will play as cover upfront. Esnaola and Catalan and going to complete my back row and hopefully provide an unbreakable fortress at the back, though Catalan will most likely share the starting spot with Jonathan. Almeida was signed as an Attacking Midfielder before I realised that my two young guns Fiore & some other guy had made the step up soo well. Kipulo was absolutely delighted with the purchase of Esnaola who he saw as a great future for the club and finally a step in the right direction.

The Preseason

In the Preseason we performed reasonably, a bad start was turned around and finishing off with 2 huge victories to lead us into the League season. I was very proud of the boys.

vs Beira-Mar

First game of the season saw us face Beira-Mar, the other promoted team from last season, at home. This meant without a doubt this was a game I had to win. It started well with AD Fafe in control from the start, Ferreira gave us a goal after 26 minutes to begin the scoring and led the fans in chanting as it looked like Fafe had the victory coming, but in injury time just before the whistle blew Beira-Mar managed to steal one back and keep the game tight into halftime. As I sent the boys out I could see they had fire in their hearts and I was looking forward to seeing what they would pull off. Well I only had to wait ten minutes as Cardinali slipped through his opponents and put the ball into the net to make it 2-1, and then AD Fafe just dominated the game, the ball was always in their half and it looked to only be a matter of time before we netted another one. The chance came when Garcia got chopped down on the edge of the box and the referee pointed at the spot. The AD Fafe fans were doing the Monster Mash as Monasteiro stepped up and slotted the ball into the corner of the net. 3-1 Fafe. Beira-Mar then went into a more attacking formation, but without control of the ball saw themselves just being beaten back again and again as Fafe looked for a fourth, it wasn't until deep in injury time when Garcia stepped up and slotted a 30 yard effort over the keeper into the net that the game was confirmed.

Final Score - 4-1

After the game came the naming of the Team of the Week and AD Fafe players dominated it, the game also set a new high for Gate Reciepts and I just have to show AD Fafe sitting atop the League Table in a position I don't expect to repeat all season.

2015/16 Liga Sagres

October 1st Update

A Start

Starting well with a win of Beira-Mar, the next game up saw us face Vit. Setubal and go down in a poor game away from home. In the third game of the season we had Benfica come visiting, the game was massive as 11,000+ supporters turned up to see one of the leagues big clubs play, but AD Fafe struggled from the start to drop out in a 3-0 result, this knocked the team to 9th on the table with 1 win and 2 losses. And even more worrying was that game 4 was going to be against Braga away. A terrible start to the season could see us drop even further.

Fafe for Bragging Rights

The game swung back and forth through out the first half and it looked like heading into the second half as a scoreless draw until Jonathan made an error and Braga pounced to put it into the net, but just one minute later the scores were levelled again as Moreno managed to get free down the left and play the ball delicately over the keeper and into the net. Halftime was here and Fafe were still level, I sent the boys out telling them if they kept it up they could win this one and shock the world.

In the second half the game was still as tight as it could possibly be, neither team giving any chances away and it stayed that way through til the 90 minute mark, but then when it looked like Fafe would steal only a draw a cross came flying into the box and it bounced off the Braga defender's head and fell into the net. The travelling Fafe fans went ballastic as AD Fafe had just shown that they were a team not to be messed with.

at Braga 2-1

The Media and all involved in the league had to confirm this as the Shock Result of the week.

Dirty Cheaters

Next up we faced Belenenses for the League Cup, this match was shown how it was going to be from the very start with three early yellow cards and three Fafe players already carrying knocks, as the game continued Fafe managed to get on the scoresheet, but the other players got worried as the injury toll piled up. A final score of 1-0 meant AD Fafe only have to draw with Santa Clara to advance, but may this game have destroyed the teams chances with all of the following players out: Lopez, Garcia, Ciza, Bruns and Esnaola.

The end of September saw AD Fafe very happily in 7th place in the Liga Sagres with 2 wins and 2 draws.

2015/16 Liga Sagres

November 1st Update

How'd the Month go?

This month started off poorly with a 2-1 loss to Academia, a team we probably should've beaten while at home. Carrasso walked out of the game as Man of the Match, but a poor effort from the rest left us disappointed. Also this match resulted in two more injuries with Barros out and Ferreira out. And the next match up was against our Arch Enemies.

Taking it to Porto

As the boys got on the bus I kept reminding them that no matter what happens they needed to enjoy themselves in the away match, and hopefully we could steal the points in the second half, or when they came to Fafe. Well the boys seemed to understand and in the first half the game was taken to us, but we managed to keep the faith alive and only be down 1-0 at halftime from a very early 5 minute strike. At halftime I put the bit in the horses mouth telling the boys that "We could win this one, imagine the cats in the pigeons then" well they went out there and took the game to Porto, surprising them for 25 minutes as we controlled the game. At the 70 minute mark The Monster stepped up for a corner and as it swung in it hit the bottom of the cross bar and fell over the line, the travelling fans went ballastic as AD Fafe looked to steal a draw away from home against their biggest rivals. The rest of the game was uneventful and Fafe walked away as a very happy bunch to sit 9th on the League Table and be the first team to take points off Porto so far this season.

at Porto 1-1

MoM - Monster

The League Cup

Next up for the boys was a game against Santa Clara, needing a draw to advance to the third round, AD Fafe went through in style, wrapping up a 2-0 victory. And then the draw for the 3rd Round came out.

League Cup 2nd Round Table

League Cup 3rd Round Draw

With that draw it was going to be a hard ask to go any further, but after stealing a draw against Porto anything is possible.

End of the Month

Well I must say AD Fafe have had a great season so far, and then to top it off Cardinali went and won the Goal of the Month for Liga Sagres with another stunner skipping through the opposition.

Watch Cardinalli's Goal

This Season

End of Aug - 1st

End of Sep - 7th

End of Oct - 9th

Dropping slowly backwards, but really my aim is to do enough to stay up, so not expecting to run away with the title or anything crazy, slowly building the team to see what I can get.

2015/16 Liga Sagres

December 1st Update

A Month of Inefficiency

Well the month started promisingly with a first up 2-0 win over Vit. Guimaraes, but following a large number of injuries and some players away on international trips that ended up being the last victory in a poor month.

Results

04-11 LC at Nacional da Madeira 0-1

08-11 LS at Sporting CP 1-4

15-11 LS at E Amadora 0-0

22-11 LS vs Nacional da Madeira 1-2

29-11 LS at Leixaoes 1-2

A poor month all around, looking forward now to the transfer window and hopefully a chance at redemption with some new players, and maybe a chance at getting away from relegation territory.

This Season So Far

Sep 1st - 1st

Oct 1st - 7th

Nov 1st - 9th

Dec 1st - 12th

Keeping the Fafe

2015/16 Liga Sagres

Jan 1st Update

Halfway there

Well January has rolled around and it is now halfway through the season, the biggest problems are injuries and inconsistencies. My team can just not keep working the way they did early on, which has seen AD Fafe plummet back down the League Table.

The Games

06/12 LS vs Boavista 1-1

13/12 PC at Sporting 0-3

16/12 LS at Gil Vicente 1-2

20/12 LS vs Maritimo 1-1

27/12 LS at Trofense 0-1

This disastrous run means AD Fafe are 10 games without a win, my worst ever run since taking over 6 years ago, we are out of the Portuguese cup and a disastrous 14th in the League. The bottom of the table is rather close looking like follows.

Team           GP Record For Agst Pts
E.Amadora      15  4-3-8   8  23   15
Trofense       15  4-3-8  17  27   15
Boavista       15  3-5-7  11  23   14
AD Fafe        15  3-4-8  17  23   13
Nacional       15  2-4-9  14  34   10
Beira-Mar      15  0-4-11  9  40    4

So it is not good, but still 3 points above relegation which is all I can really ask for.

January Signings So Far

I have been looking around and have managed to pick up a few players already who can hopefully help turn things around.

Cubukcu - A Turkish Goalkeeper, who is better than Carrasso already at 18, and expected to become a leading Liga Sagres Keeper.

Coentrao - A 21 year old versatile Portuguese player, who will start at DM for my club, but an also play Right Back and Right Mid. Hopefully he can help defend the huge number of goals we are allowing.

Astrup - A Danish Left Wing to fill the hole it appears we have on that side, I have had Moreno playing there all season, but he is a specialist AMC, so this is a way to get him back in place.

Englund - 19 year old Swede with a huge future, will be playing the in centre of defense alongside Esnaola, hopefully these changes can turn this season around.

The Stars so far

As always it is the same names who keep coming up, most of my players have not made the step up very well, but Cardinali, Garcia and Barros appear to have done pretty well so far.

Season as it goes

Sep 1st - 1st

Oct 1st - 7th

Nov 1st - 9th

Dec 1st - 12th

Jan 1st - 14th

The slide has continued, but hopefully with these changes I can arrest the slide and hopefully start to move away from relegation.

Des Tiny is Keeping the Fafe even if Cardinali isn't

Yes you heard it here first, after deciding he wanted to move on to bigger and better things and thinking AD Fafe would not achieve them for him Cardinali has been sold to CSKA (Sofia) for a cool 2.5 million pounds + 20% of next sale. AD Fafe are now going to have cleared their debt as of July 1st and be back in the black for the first time in 7 years.

Cardinali's Career

Appearances 88(4)

Goals 33

Assists 17

Man of Match 12

Avg Rating 6.92

Keeping the Fafe

2016/17 Liga Sagres

PreSeason Update

2015/16 Wrap-up

The last season had ended well for AD Fafe as they fought off relegation to be given another year in the top flight. With the clubs highest ever Average Attendance and a new high for our Sponsorship, even if it was the lowest in the league had led to a better situation overall. The Season Summary really wrapped up the season AD Fafe were also-rans all season and needed to improve. Helder Barros was named Fans Player of the Year as he took out the Kipulo Award for the second year running.

The team of the year held no surprises in this season with Carrasso, Jonathan, Monasterio, Barros, Esnaola, Ciza, Ferreira, Moreno, Cardinali, Garcia & Melim named as the starters. Best XI 15/16

The Best XI Overall did have some serious surprises (I am beginning to think this one is worked out on Reputation or CA or maybe PA). The Starting Line-up as follows with apps behind it.

Cubukcu - 8, Catalan - 16, Monasterio - 65, Esnaola - 31, Schulte - 20, Ferreira - 65, Dulom - 39, Ciza - 41, Coentrao -15, Melim - 30, Lopez - 13.

Some Changes

The start of the new season saw our club hold elections and we received word of our New Chairman, straight away he invested 2.4 million into the club removing our debt and making me a bit happier, he gave me a personal Message and my newest Expectations, not too surprising, but a 500k Transfer budget is going to help, and with a couple of sales I have lifted it to 1.4M, which is likely to be blown on a couple of players. Then he offered me a New Contract, 2 years meaning I am at the club til 2018 and will make it towards 500 games I have managed. Currently I have been in charge for a meager 258 in 6 seasons. The Chairman was Pleased when I signed this new extension and he hopes I stay for many years to come.

U19 Euro Championships

The only player of note at this cup for AD Fafe was our Keeper Cubukcu, who was playing for Turkey, he showed his absolute class as he guided them through U19 Group B and the Semi- Final. Then in the Final they took on Croatia, eventually losing on pemalties, but the effort put in by my keeper had pretty much wrapped him up a starting spot for this season.

U19 Final Score

Player Stats

U19 World Cup Final

The New Season

Our club had a small decrease in the number of Season Tickets we managed to sell, and the Odds are a little closer this season, although we are still predicted to finish dead last. I am hoping that we can fight clear of relegation early and hold onto it.

Here is The Squad, I hope these boys can pull off some miracles, and keep us up once more. A huge improvement in our Finances makes The Club look a hell of a lot better overall.

Preseason

The Minor Clubs

at Abrantes 4-0

Lopez, Moreno, Rodrigues, Astrup

at AD Oliveirense 9-0

Barros, Rodriguez, OG, Tosi, Garcia, Romero, Ferreira (2), Lopez

at Aguinense 7-0

Aguero, Pardo (2), Englund, Lopez, Garcia, Rodriguez

Andorran Tour

at Santa Coloma 4-0

Astrup, Barros, Garcia, Ferreira

at FC Andorra 6-0

Romero, Lopez (2), Englund, Melim, Astrup

at Casa Benfica 10-0

Melim (3), Barros, Moreno (2), Garcia, Englund, Monasteriom Fiore

at FC Rangers 3-0

Englund, Tosi, Lopez

The Feeders

at Imortal 4-0

Coentrao, Lopez, Aguero, Monasterio

at Nelas 3-1

Melim, Garcia, Astrup

at Rodez AF 4-0

OG, Melim (2), Moreno

Heading Home

at Penafiel 0-0

Keeping the Fafe

2016/17 Liga Sagres

Mid-Season Review

A Pretty Good Run

Well this season started off pretty damn good as we managed to steal results against teams we shouldn't of. The Results to make Tiny smile were as follows:

at Maritimo 1-1

vs Sporting 1-0

vs Nacional 3-1

vs Academia 4-1

Of all the results this season it was these four that got the best response from the AD Fafe fans and also from Tiny. Just the start of the season left AD Fafe in 5th place on the season and in with a great shot at continental qualification, though then the curse struck, after having a friend tell Tiny he was "In with a grin" the team fell apart, dropping to 7th in the league with a series of unfortunate results. To end the first half in 7th, meant Tiny was satisfied he could build and move up the league.

A Little Bit Tiny

Well its time to actually get to know Des Tiny, who is the man behind the team? Well he speaks two languages fluently, and has a reputation Portugal wide. Really before he took this job he was a complete unknown, but his History & Awards speak for themselves, all around Tiny appears to be a man with only his job on his mind.

The Squad

Well the team for this season was made up of some new boys, the likes of Aguero & Aakre, and the old hands, Garcia & Jonathan. But whether new to the club or a long term resident, only one thing was asked of them perform well enough to get a midtable finish. The board wanted us to avoid relegation, but Tiny was demanding something a little more. Four players stood out in these respects and they were Melim who has managed to score 11 goals already this season, Cubukcu who has had a couple of nightmare games, but has been a star in general, Aguero has set the wing on fire and managed to pick up 6 assists on goals. While Garcia has led from the front following Moreno's injury and appears to have fought his way back in after being on the outer early on. In the club there is a seperate group known as The Internationals, these guys have all made an appearance for at least their nations Youth Team, all do very well, and are looking at bright futures.

Wrapping it up

Well a few little bonuses for you shown below.

Club Info

Summary

Finances

Big Team Records

vs Benfica     0-0-4   1   11
vs Maritimo    0-2-2   3    8
vs Sporting    1-0-4   3   12
vs Porto       1-1-3   4   14
vs Braga       1-2-2   5   10

As you can see a rather disappointing set of results, overall agains the 5 best teams I have a 3-5-15 record. I desperately need to improve that if I am going to advance.

Ok mini Update before the big one.

AD FAFE ARE GOING TO EUROPE!!!

Sporting Play Draw pulled Portugal out for an extra place. With 25 Yellow Cards and 2 Red, AD Fafe are the 5th most sporting team in Portugal, but as Benfica, Sporting, Porto & Vit. Guimaraes have already qualified through league Finish AD Fafe are into the Euro Cup. I am pretty sure it means entry from the 1st Qualifying round, but thats a start.

Keeping the Fafe

Liga Sagre 2016/17

End of Season Report

The League

Well the League season was good with the board expecting me to avoid relegation this season it was never in doubt. The Media expected us to come 16th and the odds put us in 15th, all around no one expected anything from the club, but combined with my off-season signings the club showed them all who was boss. After 10 games we were sitting in 5th and good value with 4 wins, 3 draws and 3 losses, at the halfway point the club had dropped slightly to be 7th, but the record was still good with 6 wins 4 draws and 5 losses. With only 10 games to go the club had slipped one more spot to 8th, but managed to look good with a 7-5-8 record and the club having all but avoided relegation, it was looking like a top half finish and delight for Tiny and his boys. The end of the season was really going to be a battle with Maritimo to see who would finish 7th and be the best team not going to Europe, and it came down to the last game Maritimo managed to win while Fafe lost and finished 8th overall.

I was delighted with this, really we achieved a lot more than I expected, and a top 10 finish with no problems. Final Table. Our Highest Finish in the Portuguese leagues.

Though this season was good we failed to gain a three-peat as we only came third in the Most Improved award.

The Cups

In the cups we lived up to the boards expectations and no more. Making it to the 3rd round of the League Cup and losing in the 6th round of the Portuguese Cup. A good effort, but nothing special.

The Squads

2016/17 saw a few changes in personal, but the big names were still playing. League Players were all performing well, the standout for Fafe had to be Melim managing 18 goals and third overall, but he could've done a lot better. Hopefully next season sees him hit his straps and come out firing. The Monster was telling me all season that he wanted to leave, Moreno joined him in this decision as they wanted to get some trophies, luckily neither has left, The Monster signed a new 4 year deal, while Moreno is still transfer listed at his own request.

The Foward of the Year Award saw Melim nominated, but he didn't take anything home, but he was delighted to even be nominated for the prestigious award.

Martins performed very well as the Under 19 squad managed 4th in the U19s League this season, hopefully the upgrade to Youth facilities will help them do better next season.

The Stars

Aguero - The Left wing spot has been cemented by this young Spanish starlet, he is ripping it up and constantly feeding the strikers.

The Monster - A great season at the back, he may want to leave, but I want him to win us a title.

Aakre - The off-season signing of the year, he came in for a cool 900k, but was well worth it. Solid at the back.

Melim - A top rate season from Melim as he got 18 goals, hopefully there is more to come.

Pardo - Filling the anchor role he led the team well.

Cubukcu - Not the most amazing season, but at only 19 this keeper has a huge future.

Moreno - Captain Moreno centred the team and showed that he is bound for bigger things, he wants to leave.

Romero - A very versaile player he found a niche on the right wing this season, but is likely to move with a new Right Winger joining in July.

The Extras

Finances were a nightmare again, we may have got 4mil+ at the start of the season, but I am still leaking funds even with nearly 8000 fans turning up every weekend.

Overview - This shows the strength and weakness.

vs Porto - We got a new high in gate receipts, 160k from one game is good we need to keep it up.

Aakre's first Cap - He was delighted with me giving him a chance to break into the national side and then showed the selectors why they need him.

What were they thinking? - Ummm yeah...Zidane anyone?

Euro 2017/18

Well the Sporting Play draw came out with Portugal being picked, as the team with the most sporting attitude in the last season AD Fafe have been selected to enter the First Qualifying Round of the Euro Cup. We have been drawn against FK Suduva Marijampole of Lithuania, it will be played over home and away legs on Wed June 21st & Wed June 28th, so my boys left the club May 30th and returned June 15th. Not a very long break, but at least they got one. Fafe are hot favourites both home and away, but I will not let that fool me and I will go in with an idea of winning the way i have for 8 seasons now.

| 2012/13  |   2nd A   |       1st       |        1st          | League Champions & Promotion
| 2013/14  |  Vitalis  |       5th       |        N/A          | 
| 2014/15  |  Vitalis  |       1st       |        N/A          | League Champions & Promotion
| 2015/16  |  Sagres   |      13th       |        N/A          |
| 2016/17  |  Sagres   |       8th       |        N/A          | Euro Cup via Sporting Play

Aims for next season

1 - Make it to the 1st Round proper of Euro Cup

2 - Score more goals than the 51 in 38 games this season

3 - Earn more than 39 points in the league

4 - Finish 8th or Higher in the League

5 - Start to fill in the obvious weaknesses in my team (DR, MR, maybe ST)

6 - Most importantly have fun

Keeping the Fafe

All Time Player Update

The Best

Appearances

Moreno - ESP - AMC - 165 (7)

Rodrigues - POR - DC - 164 (7)

Jonathan - VEN - DR - 164 (6)

Ruben - POR - ML - 134 (36)

Kipulo - POR - DL - 162 (0)

Garcia - VEN - ST - 147 (10)

Goals (Apps in Brackets)

Garcia - VEN - ST - 81 (157)

Kipulo - POR - DL - 44 (162)

Martinho - POR? - ST - 39 (85)

Cardinali - ITA - AMFC - 33 (92)

Moreno - ESP - AMLC - 29 (172)

Bozic - LUX - ST - 27 (79)

Melim - POR - ST - 26 (67)

Assists (Apps in Brackets)

Moreno - ESP - AMLC - 30 (172)

Ernesto - POR - MR - 28 (113)

Bozic - LUX - ST - 26 (79)

Monasterio - ESP - DL - 25 (102)

Ruben - POR - ML - 25 (170)

Garcia - VEN - ST - 18 (157)

Borja - AND - MR - 17 (84)

Martinho - POR? - ST - 17 (85)

Cardinali - ITA - AMFC - 17 (92)

Man of Match (Apps in Brackets)

Kipulo - POR - DL - 19 (162)

Garcia - VEN - ST - 16 (157)

Cardinali - ITA - AMFC - 12 (92)

Braga - POR - AMRC - 9 (78)

Ernesto - POR - MR - 9 (113)

Moreno - ESP - AMRC - 8 (172)

Bozic - LUX - ST - 7 (79)

Melim - POR - ST - 7 (67)

Barros - POR - DC - 7 (74)

Average Rating (Apps in Brackets)

Kipulo - POR - DL - 7.24 (162)

Primo - POR - DR - 7.20 (33)

Fernandes - POR - DM - 7.13 (82)

Jonathan - VEN - DR - 7.11 (170)

Rodrigues - POR - DC - 7.07 (171)

Retired Jerseys

61 - Kipulo

Apps: 162 (5th)

Goals: 44 (2nd)

Assts: 7 (18th)

MoM: 19 (1st)

Avg Rat: 7.24 (1st)

July 2017 AD Fafe Hall of Fame Nominations

Players must have played over 100 games for the club and have featured in at least one Best XI, players still at club are ineligible.

Nomination 1

Tiago Rodrigues

Apps: 171 (2nd)

Goals: 6 (17th)

Assts: 3 (27th)

MoM: 4 (17th)

Avg Rat: 7.07 (5th)

7 Seasons including two 2nd Division A Titles, and one Liga Vitalis Title.

Nomination 2

Kipulo

Apps: 162 (5th)

Goals: 44 (2nd)

Assts: 7 (18th)

MoM: 19 (1st)

Avg Rat: 7.24 (1st)

5 Seasons including 3 as Captain, and two 2nd Division A Titles. Kipulo also won the Fans Player of the Year for 3 Seasons back to back and has had his Jersey Retired.

Captained both 2nd Division A Title winning teams.

Nomination 3

Ernesto

Apps: 113 (8th)

Goals: 7 (14th)

Assts: 28 (2nd)

MoM: 9 (4th)

Avg Rat: 7.06 (7th)

5 Seasons including two 2nd Division A Titles.

Nomination 4

Ruben

Apps: 170 (4th)

Goals: 8 (13th)

Assts: 25 (4th)

MoM: 6 (10th)

Avg Rat: 6.95 (19th)

6 Seasons including two 2nd Division A Titles, and one Liga Vitalis Title, Vice Captain 14/08/2013-28/07/2014 & Captain 28/07/2014-15/08/2016.

Captained Liga Vitalis Title winning side.

Discussion is being held between Des Tiny, the board of Directors, a selection of spokesman for the fans and by the current players on the team for the Class of 2017 Hall of Fame entrants. All 4 could be put into the Fafe Hall of Fame or just one or even somewhere inbetween.

The Judges

Des Tiny - AD Fafe Manager - 2009-Present

Hector Garcia - AD Fafe & Venezuela Striker & AD Fafe Vice Captain

Jonathan - AD Fafe & Venezuela Right Back

David Moreno - AD Fafe Attacking Midfielder & Captain

Djalmir - Former AD Fafe Striker

Bruno Lima Pereira - Current AD Fafe Chairman

Alvaro Ribero - Current AD Fafe Director

Rui Jorge Silva - AD Fafe Fans Spokesman

Well a small Euro Cup Run at least.

1st Qual Round

at Suduva (Lithuania) 3-0

vs Suduva (Lithuania) 5-0 [8-0]

2nd Qual Round

at Gyor (Hungary) 0-0

vs Gyor (Hungary) 3-1 [3-1]

3rd Qual Round

at Cork City (Ireland) 0-1

vs Cork City (Ireland) 3-0 [3-1]

4th Qual Round

at Inter Milan (Italy) 1-3

vs Inter Milan (Italy) - In progress

So a great start, but running into a team like Inter is just terrible, I now have to win 2-0 at home to progress.

Keeping the Fafe

2017/18 Liga Sagres

Euro Cup Qualifying Update

To Qualify

Even though we had been admitted by the Sporting Play Draw, it meant we had to start the beginning. This meant four rounds of Qualifying before we made it to the Group stages and into the Euro Cup Proper.

1st Qual Round

at Suduva (Lithuania) 3-0

vs Suduva (Lithuania) 5-0 [8-0]

A great victory, they never even looked close to challenging us.

2nd Qual Round

at Gyor (Hungary) 0-0

vs Gyor (Hungary) 3-1 [3-1]

They surprised me in the first leg, by sitting back and making me come onto them, basically played a shut up shop at home and then tried to steal it with an away goal.

3rd Qual Round

at Cork City (Ireland) 0-1

vs Cork City (Ireland) 3-0 [3-1]

An Away loss, but realistically it was never going to be close back under the eyes of my fans.

4th Qual Round

at Inter Milan (Italy) 1-3

vs Inter Milan (Italy) 1-1 [2-4]

Well taking on one of the heavyweights of European Football and only losing 4-2 I was extremely happy with the boys, I think the biggest disappointment of the Euro Cup was not being allowed to register my star striker as he had already played for his old club in the 1st Qualifying round.

Mentioning the star striker.

21 year old Serbian Aleksandar Radakovic, first League outing we were at home against Rio Ave who had been newly promoted. In the League Cup Radakovic was injured after 2mins, here he showed his skill scoring a beautiful 4 goals in 60mins to help Fafe record a 5-0 victory and sit at the top of the table.

Goals

1 - Make it to the 1st Round proper of Euro Cup - Failed (knocked out by Inter)

2 - Score more goals than the 51 in 38 games this season

3 - Earn more than 39 points in the league

4 - Finish 8th or Higher in the League

5 - Start to fill in the obvious weaknesses in my team (DR, MR, maybe ST) - 2/3rds Complete - Shala MR & Radakovic ST

6 - Most importantly have fun

A Gift for Iacovone

Tom Erik Shala - Right Wing/Striker

Aleksandar Radakovic - Striker

These two at only 21 & 24 are the players who are going to make the real difference for me this season. I spent 465k on the two of them.

And then there is Domingos Perdigao who is valued at 3.1 million pounds, but i managed to get on a free from Academica. He is my replacement for David Moreno who left for 2.5 million & Pardo who left for 4 million.

I am also back in the black and have stayed pretty much flat since the start of the season, other than having just dropped a million pounds on another small purchase.

Archived