Middlesborough: An English Powerhouse

Prodigy

middlesbrough-football-club-logo.gif

I've attempted to start a career thread before, but soon lost all interest in the save and ended up abandoning the thread. This time around I'm going to really take it slow, focus on every little detail and chart all my progress on this thread. The basics of my save is that I must focus on the youth academy and therefore develop my own players. However this does not necessarily mean I can't sign anybody. All my signings must be under the age of 21 so I can develop and mold them into the exact type of player I need.

The Philosophy

2Ximm.png

This is my playing style I like to have quite a free flowing force, with creative midfielders such as Josh McEachran linking up with the fast and skillful inside forwards of either Ledesma, Emnes or the slowly emerging Carayol. At the moment my fullbacks are going to stay quite defensive as I don't have the pacey, technical players that I need to be able to craft chances straight from the defence.

With that.. Let's go. First update after pre-season.

2XpG8.png

Prodigy -=- Pre-Season 2012/2013 -=- Middlesborough

2XpNk.png

Pretty much what I expected from pre-season, absolutely smashed the majority of the smaller teams we played and suffered two measly 1-0 defeats to two good teams. Although the performance was adequate, judging by our possession and greater number of shots. It seems we're just lacking a clinical finisher upfront, as Miller isn't really providing the power we need. Hopefully it rectifies itself, if not I shall look into acquiring some new fire power.

Player of the Month

Marvin Emnes, racking up 3 goals and 4 assists in 5 games. More please Marvin!

This said, we seem to have racked up some very inconvenient injuries affecting the majority of our star players Carayol, Emnes, McEachran and Reach. Not quite the start we wanted, but hopefully we will have them back within the next couple of weeks.

I can also introduce a new face. Milan Lalkovic will be joining us for the first 3 months of the season as a potentially crucial backup to the injured Emnes and Carayol.

Archived