Is It Possible To Buy A Player Who Has Decided To Leave A Club On A Free Transfer?

Okay so here is the scenario I am having a problem.

It's early December. There is a 22 year old left winger at Napoli. He has been at the club 4 years and only played 5 games, and he has decided to leave the club on a Free Transfer. Now I'm managing Bayern and the squad I inherited doesn't have a proper left winger in the senior squad. My scouts rate the guy at Napoli as 2 stars with 4 star potential, now he is unlikely to reach his potential but as I have £70m in the transfer kitty I thought I'd try and buy him as he would be cheap. Finally after lot of offers I offer £7.5m and they finally come back with a negotiation of £19.5m :lol:. In two weeks I can sign him on a free, I would of thought Napoli would of like some money for the player. I'm not going to wait another six months to get my hands on the player as he definitely won't reach his potential if he rots in Napoli's reserves for six more months. Once it hits January will it be possible to sign the player cheaply?

Archived