[FM 13] - The Big Man's Career

TAV2

Andy Who?

carwho.jpg

I forgot that by having a terrible run of big games at the start this would balance itself out by giving us a run against the muck. The muck were no match to the most determined team in the league! A truely amazing run of form has got us back up the top of the league and challenging for a European Spot once again. Maiga has filled in for Carroll admirably scoring 5 goals in the 6 league games. 2 games to go until the half way point where il post the league table.

Euro Cup has been fantastic for the club this year and we are through top of the group. A routine win against Litex set up a tense game against AC Milan. With the game looking to be over, club captain Kevin Nolan sprang into life and scored a beaut of an equaliser. Yet again another famous result on Italian soil!

We have Lazio in the knockout round and im feeling confident. Italy is my toilet where i dump and flush all the teams who are unfortunate to play me :D

Mid-Season Standings - 2013/2014

2013-04-25_00007.jpg

Southampton and Arsenal Games -http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab113/tav180/2games.jpg

A great run of form has got us in dream land. Bad fixtures are just around the corner though so I doubt we will here for too long. Feel we need to strengthen in the transfer window to keep up this great progress.

Andy should be back mid Febuary :thup:

it seems the club is just find out the big man

Yeah Maiga was a ready made replacement so we didn't need to change much tactically. This thread is about Carroll and he is my main focus in this save. He will always play for me even if he only has one leg :D

World Cup 2014 Group Draw

2013-04-25_00009.jpg

Totally forgot to post about the group stage having been drawn. Im fairly happy with who we got, although the Chile game will be hard. Just need to get The Big Man fit and in form now :thup:

Big Teams Are Afraid

janrun.jpg

The so called elite teams are running scared of the hammers! Some captivating results in this run has put us in the position to go for top 4. Playing in alot of competitions with a small team the goal is still just top 7 and Europe. We can dream though :)

Andy is only days away from being fit. Will upload a pic of his attributes when he is back proper. Be warned guys, he isn't what he used to be. I don't mean to upset anyone, il put a link to it so people aren't forced to see him like that. We can get through this together :D

January Transfer Window - 2013/2014

dannywellbeck.jpg

My only action of this window was to bring in the man who saved my England job. The one, the only Danny Wellbeck!

He wasn't getting a game for Man Utd and at £11.75M he was fairly reasonable. It does go down as West Ham's biggest ever signing but we all know he is just back up to The Big Man :D

Im not sure if him and Carroll would work together but im going to try. If anyone has an ideas on what striker set-up would work for both of them to play on the same team please let me know :thup:

The Second Coming - Where's The Rest Of Him?

carfitsortof.jpg

15 weeks is a long time in football and its even longer when your missing the one player the team is build around. What my squad has done in his absence is nothing short than spectactular. Now with him back hopefully we can get even stronger!

carback.jpg

For people who are a little bit sensitive look away now (or dont click the link :D).

Carroll Post-Op -http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab113/tav180/2013-04-26_00002.jpg

Will he ever be the same player that scored 27 goals in league last year?

Missing The Spark

feb2014.jpg

Our strikers have let us down over the past few games. Carroll is being eased back into first team football and only featured against Ipswich as a sub. Even he couldn't save us from that steal on his return to action. They scored with every shot basically and we just went missing. Not happy as I really hoped we would get to Wembley this year at some point.

The Liverpool game was a massive positive though. Thats us took 10 points off them in 4 games now :)

Ipswich Let Down - http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab113/tav180/2013-04-26_00007.jpg

Carroll has played (and played well) in 2 Reserve games over that time too. Hopefully the magic is still in his left foot.

Stoke Res Match Overview - http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab113/tav180/2013-04-26_00008.jpg

Bolton Res Match Overview - http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab113/tav180/2013-04-26_00009.jpg

Italian Revenge

2013-04-26_00006.jpg

Dirty, dirty,dirty! Feel like I need a shower after seeing that disgusting display of football. Once again we have no fire power up front. Danny Wellbeck has been moaning every game about not being comfortable about our style of play. Might as well bought Emile Heskey. Atleast he would admit he is **** and not use some rubbish excuse! The pen was our only chance of scoring and I was so relieved when it went in. Both their goals were on the counter. Need to start looking for better back-ups in defense as Collins is just not good enough.

The tie is far from over but we do need to score in the next leg. The Big Man will be fit enough to come off the bench at the very least. We need him desperately!

The Big Man Is Back!

2013-04-26_00004.jpg

Thats what I call timing! The Big Man comes back to start his first match since a near career destroying injury and makes the difference. Wellbeck even managed to get in on the act but what you can't see on the overview is that he also was sent off. He dived in the box for a second yellow :mad:

The game started with a gamble. I decided to put both Carroll and Wellbeck in the starting 11 in an attempt to score the goals we have been lacking in recent games. With 8 minutes gone we were already in trouble. Yet again a counter attack cost us big and Zarate scored. The first leg defeat was put down to Jussi having to play in goal with Ruddy ill and at home with flu. This goal however made me realise that the defense were doing something wrong. I changed up the mentality a bit of some players and we started to look more solid. In the 34th minute the game changed. Wanyama's older brother Ronald was sent off for throwing a pickle at Diame and we were back in with a shout. I got the team playing wider and more direct to try and open up Lazio's brick wall and it worked. Wellbeck scored a great goal cutting in from the left and smashing it in the bottom corner of the net. The ref then blew for half time.

The second half started well with the team creating some decent chances. All that hard work was thrown out the window when Wellbeck goes from Hero to Zero and dives trying to win a penalty when he is already on a yellow. The red mist was forming on the touchline ready for his return to the bench. Still needing a goal to get back into the tie made it hard to change to be more defensive so i left the team on Control. Andy was up top on his own with BFF and club captain Kevin Nolan on to try and create a miracle. In the 70th Minute the Miracle came -

With the team going for the winner in normal time we got the bit of luck needed. Juan Jesus playing with an injury (pumped him full of needles to make the game :D) rose in the box from a corner and scored a powerful header. The victory was ours!

I am now the most hated football manager in Italy having destroyed their National Team, Milan and Lazio. Next up is Parma :D

What happened vs ipswich ?

They scored after 2 minutes so i must have said something wrong in my team talk. We looked like we were going to get back into the game so didnt change anything then we let in another sloppy goal. Carroll came on for his first game since his injury to make 3 up top. Probably got the roles wrong as i never go that attacking normally. Team just couldn't score and we go and let another go by us. Few rotation players in the team but nothing too drastic. Just one of those games.

World Cup Preview

Andy returned to the international set up and managed to get an assist against Chile. We have them in the group stages so was good to see how my system worked against theirs. Few tweaks maybe needed but all and all a good exercise for the team. Would bite your hand off now for the same result in Brazil!

Nolan came off the bench to score :D

Match Overview - http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab113/tav180/2013-04-26_00010.jpg

Euro Dream Crumbles

outeurope.jpg

We have finally been found out in Europe. Collins and Distin have been our Centre Backs past few games due to injuries and we just don't look solid. A lucky 2-1 win in the first leg proved to be not enough and we end up going out on away goals. The Big Man scored the opener atleast.

The premier league has seen dodgy defending but somehow we have found goals for ourselves. Carroll scored the winner against Reading and played great home to Fulham. Its all about securing a European berth for next season now. Oh and getting the Big Man fit for Brazil.

Faultering Hammers

cargogoal.jpg

noeurope.jpg

An indifferent run of games has put us in a horrible position. With so many teams that close to each other in the league, the fight for Europe is going to go down to the last game. Our goal difference really worries me. Would hate to miss out due to being a boring score one more than you team.

The Big Man scored the only goal against Stoke to ease the pain of the Chelsea result. We put on all reserves against the blues as i thought our tired first 11 would of been beat anyway. Surprised the FA never fined me for it :D Two draws at home were very dissapointing. Total went for it completely against Blackpool and got my rewards. Changed to an Attacking 4-2-3-1 and Andy bagged his 2nd hat-trick for the club :thup:

Stoke Winner Overview - http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab113/tav180/2013-04-26_00016.jpg

Blackpool Smashing Overview -http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab113/tav180/2013-04-26_00017.jpg

The Last 5 Games

2013-04-26_00021.jpg

The league is so tight its going to be a close call. Liverpool already have a Euro Cup place due to winning the league cup and some muppet is in the final of the FA cup so 5th place is needed for qualification. Got my new attack tactic to try and turn draws into wins now. Hopefully it will make the difference.

The Final 5 Games -http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab113/tav180/final5.jpg

Season 2013/2014 - So Close Yet So Far

endseason2014.jpg

endseason.jpg

We were 90 minutes away from champions league football for it to only be snatched away so hard it nearly broke Andy's hand. The 90 minutes in question were away to Arsenal and we were found wanting. The defeat to Norwich was the real deal breaker though, I changed from my new super offensive tactic back to a familar 4-4-2 and payed the price. Feel there is some unfinished business in the Euro Cup so im quite happy to be back there again next year. Our reputation in Europe will only get bigger for when we eventually make it to the promised land. Come on you hammers!

Andy Carroll scored 5 goals in the first 3 games of the run. His end of season stats and attributes will soon follow :thup:

Chelsea game was all reserves who never normally play. Rested my team to keep them fit for Stoke who i thought I had a better chance against.

Arsenal game we were just unlucky in that we had to chase the game. If we took our chances it would of been close. Also Nolan was sent off and 2mins later they had there 4th goal.

My main problem is my backups not being up for the job. They are championship level players really. Will have to invest in the summer :thup:

I have a young defender who is going to be special. Got him in the first year and he is tipped to be a leading prem player in the future. Im thinking though that I might not stay with West Ham forever. It would be great to win everything with them but I feel The Big Man should get a big money move again in his career. If the Real Madrid job comes up after having some success il be gone like a shot!

Archived