Dave's Mad Dash Across the World

Vipertitan

so i was sacked at the end of last season by Dover Athletic football club, i went on holiday for few weeks and applied for all jobs and this one was the one that took my fancy Hitchin Town came in for me and i said yes straight away as i wanted to get back into management as soon as possible.

so i never done pre season report on this thread so i thought i'd do one with these..

Squad Review:

so far they are playing ok but could do a bit better, Goalkeepers.

Could be bit better they let 18 goals in so far this season. Defence.

probably the strongest part of my squad. midfield.

could do with more here we are bit slow with pace and not scoring at the minuite . forwards.

Results:

Thy have not gone our way as of yet but we are doing ok i think... Fixtures Schedule

League Table:

table

as you can see we Farnborough topping the table with 32 points on the card, can we crawl ourselfs back up the table maybe try challenging for promotion spot who knows.

Hitchin Town - Blue Square Bet South - 2022-23

so got off to a good start but things changed later in the season.

League Table

League Positions Graph

as you can see our form was really bad.

Fa Trophy one game one loss we were not that bad though.

Fa cup-did well this year got to decent run but not good nuff.

Squad - simply was not good a nuff for this league.

transfers - thought these players would help the team but never did but some of them were ok.

Finances-went bit crazy on player wages.

Key Player Profiles:

Sam Higgins-was one top scorers of the team best forward at the club too.

Adriano Moke- was our creative force in the midfield was solid.

Emre Clarkson- was my first choice goalkeeper but was not grate.

Career Overview

Season   country   club                     League          Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13    Israel    Holiday year 
2013/14   Israel  Maccabi Irony Kiryat-Ata National League   9th       none
2014/15   Israel Maccabi Irony Kiryat-Ata  National League   12th      National League Toto Cup winners
2015/16   Israel Maccabi Irony Kiryat-Ata  National League   11th       none
2016/17   Israel Maccabi Irony Kiryat-Ata  National League   12th       none
2017/18   Israel Maccabi Irony Kiryat-Ata  National League   6th       State Cup Semifinalist
2018/19   Israel Maccabi Irony Kiryat-Ata  National League   1st       Champions, National League Toto Cup winners 
2019/20   Israel Maccabi Irony Kiryat-Ata  Premier League     8th      none
2020/21   England Dover Athletic         Blue Square Bet South    19th none 
2021/22   England Dover Athletic         Blue Square Bet South    21st Relegated, sacked.  
2022/23   England Hitchin Town         Blue Square Bet South    22nd Relegated, sacked.  

nest season

Try and learn from my mistakes and try get better tactic going with my new club.

Cambridge United - Blue Square Bet North - 2023/24

So after a few disappointing seasons as a manager getting two teams relegated i was hoping for more success this season.

League Table

League Positions Graph

And we surely delivered, we won the league with two games to go.

Fa Trophy was wanting to try few different formations in this competition .

Fa cup-thought we did ok in this.

Squad - the squad was brilliant this season could not of asked more from them.

transfers - bought in few new players as back ups and some first team player.

Finances-not good at the moment but looking to off load my deadwood.

Key Player Profiles:

Nigel Gregory- was our creative force in the midfield was solid.

Russell Hudson- was my first choice goalkeeper his development is going really well to.

Adie Broughton- was top scorer was really good up front playing just off the main forward.

Stavros Eleftheropoulos - grate when he was fit, we will be looking to him next season try get him playing more.

Career Overview

Season   country   club                     League          Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15   Israel Maccabi Irony Kiryat-Ata  National League   12th      National League Toto Cup winners
2017/18   Israel Maccabi Irony Kiryat-Ata  National League   6th       State Cup Semifinalist
2018/19   Israel Maccabi Irony Kiryat-Ata  National League   1st       Champions, National League Toto Cup winners 
2021/22   England Dover Athletic         Blue Square Bet South    21st Relegated, sacked.  
2022/23   England Hitchin Town         Blue Square Bet South    22nd Relegated, sacked.  
2023/24   England Cambridge United         Blue Square Bet North    1st champions.  

nest season

avoid relegation try do better in the cups.

Cambridge United - Blue Square Bet Premier - 2024/25

After last season promotion to the Blue Square Premiership we set our sights on avoiding relegation

League Table

League Positions Graph

Our season started off well but some how in the middle part of the season our form was shocking.

Fa Trophy was bit of a new to this season decided i wanted to try some the kids in this competition and they did ok.

Fa cup-I knew we would never win this was always night to get to the first round.

Squad - the squad was brilliant no complaints from them at all apart from few errors but that was due to my tactical blunders.

transfers - sent few first team players out on loan get matches behind them.

Finances-not the best in money management but going to try get this sorted.

Key Player Profiles:

Nigel Gregory- Club Captain solid season from him.

Russell Hudson- was my first choice goalkeeper for most season but dropped him due to form.

Danny McIntosh- was brilliant when e came in to replace Hudson.

José Miguel Cruz - came in late but looks good

Stavros Eleftheropoulos -Top Scorer had good season.

Career Overview

2023/24   England Cambridge United         Blue Square Bet North    1st champions.  
2024/25   England Cambridge United         Blue Square Bet Premier    13th none.  

Next Season

Start concentrating on the clubs Finances a bit more and try and get better run in the cups and Finnish above relegation zone

Archived