Can someone explain this? (Reputation)

D0bi

To set the scene, I'm in 2017 and managing San Marino, as I have from the start.

Season #1 - Finished 5th in the Serie C1, predicted to get relegated

Season #2 - Finished 1st in Serie C1, predicted to finish mid-table

Season #3 - Finished 5th in Serie B, predicted to get hammered and relegated

Season #4 - Finished 1st in Serie B, predicted to get relegated

In all the above seasons, the reputation of the club has risen sharply, however, in my first season in the Serie A I managed an unbelievable 5th place (and Europa League football) as well as reaching the Quarter Finals of the Italian Cup (furthest I have ever got)

Season #5 - Finished 5th in Serie A, predicted to get relegated (5000-1 odds to win the title, longest odds I'd seen in FM before)

Yet I got this at the end of this season...

huh_zps69fee0f5.png

How could my reputation have fallen? Any ideas?

On a side note, I've successfully managed to finish 5th,1st,5th,1st and 5th. Surely next year I'll win the title and end Juventus' 6-year stranglehold on the Serie A title.

Reputation is something I've never understood, won everthing for 4 years back in FM12 with Ajax yet reputation barely went up whereas Roma moved up to 2nd overall on almost full 5 stars in the space of a season yet didn't win jack that season or the seasons before and I doubt the reason is everyone else improved unless by a miracle hundreds of clubs all over the world improved so much while this guy went downhill.

other teams around the world will have improved or won trophies

This isn't based on clubs around the world though, it's purely from an Italian viewpoint; and whilst I have, within a year, been promoted, attained European Qualification and reached the 1/4 finals of the domestic cup, other clubs have been relegated, fell short of their expectations etc.

Archived