need help

i'm getting extremely frustrated with the game so i think it's time for me to ask you guys for some pointers

i'm managing Genk for the third season.

First season i had an enjoyable run, finished second after a thrilling competition ending; top 5 teams all finished within a couple of points of eachother. Won some, lost some, but enjoyable season overall.

second season i finished 5th, dramatic season, barely any chances, if i won it was mostly lucky. Same squad as previous season, apart from 1 new winger.

third season seems to be headed in the same direction

i've mostly played 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 with shouts play through balls & pass through defence

this set up made me win most matches in the first season, however in the second season (and now) i can't even create a decent chance anymore

my last game i had about 60% posession and until the 80th minute only 1 shot. End of match i had 4 shots.. slowly driving me nuts

i've played about with the passing types, player roles, formations overall.. but nothing seems to help

i'll post how i played my last game & the match stats, hope you guys can help. FYI the team i played in this game is really on of the weakest teams in the league

repo.jpg

tacfl.jpg

You have a very defensive, probably hard-working midfield, but no scope for creativity. I'd change the BBM to a CM or AP.

Change your striker to a support role of some kind so they'll get deeper, be more difficult to mark, and join up the play. Get at least one of your wide players on attack duty.

Are teams parking the bus against you? If so, trying to pass through them with the shouts you are using may result in a lot of wasted passes. Turn them off and see what happens.

Also, we don't know what mentality or philosophy you're playing. I suspect you are attacking, if so then tone it down to, say, control.

creativity in midfield seemed to have been the key indeed

i changed one's role to playmaker, he has 16 for creativity & passing so i'm creating more chances now. also changed the attacking mentality to countering

thx for the tips!

Archived