Personal training on jumping

It seems that whenever I get a player with a low jumping attribute to work on his jumping, it wouldn't help. The players character doesn't matter either, model professionals would just improve in pretty much everything BUT jumping.

Is there an explanation to this or is this a bug? Does this happen to everyone else?

I find it really annoying, I've had an awesome defender, potentially one of the best defenders in the world on my team, his only weakness was his jumping (7), I tried to improve it, always let him work on it. He developed very well and is now a starter for

Spain, but his jumping stayed at 7, and for me it's a risk to play such a player in the heart of my defense, as I rely mostly on my center backs for both defensive and offensive set-pieces.

By the way, that player is 175cm and his personality is ambitious.

Shouldn't it be considered a bug that only this attribute is almost unaffected by personal training?

It seems that whenever I get a player with a low jumping attribute to work on his jumping, it wouldn't help. The players character doesn't matter either, model professionals would just improve in pretty much everything BUT jumping.

Is there an explanation to this or is this a bug? Does this happen to everyone else?

Jumping is softly tied to height. Jumping is not how high a player can get his feet off the ground, it is how high is head is off the ground. So if you have a 6'6 guy who gets his feet 1 inch off the ground, his jumping stat would be higher than a 5'6 guy who leaps like a salmon and gets his feet 1 foot off the ground.

In the researchers forum we have a guideline as to what limits a players height have on his jumping attribute. It's a stat that often causes debate.

So if you have a player who is for example 5"10 his jumping is unlikely to be higher then 12/13

Jumping is softly tied to height. Jumping is not how high a player can get his feet off the ground, it is how high is head is off the ground. So if you have a 6'6 guy who gets his feet 1 inch off the ground, his jumping stat would be higher than a 5'6 guy who leaps like a salmon and gets his feet 1 foot off the ground.

In the researchers forum we have a guideline as to what limits a players height have on his jumping attribute. It's a stat that often causes debate.

So if you have a player who is for example 5"10 his jumping is unlikely to be higher then 12/13

Yeah, I understand that, but the player I was talking about is ambitious, and he is 175cm, not a midget. Why shouldn't he be able to develop his jumping to something better than 7? 11-12 would be a lot more acceptable. His stats suggest he is a world class player, but I would never play a center back who can't jump, no big European team does.

Ivan Cordoba is 172 but could jump higher than most of the Serie A strikers when he was at his prime, Giampaolo Pazzini is 180 but can leap like an NBA player so he is almost unbeatable in the air, and defenders usually just try to shove him off the ball.

Archived