Beta Product key - what is it?

Sorry for being dense here, but I've had FM2013 pre-ordered for a while and I got an email today saying my BETA product key is ready.

Could somebody tell me what that means. I've not got the physical copy of the game. Does it mean I can play it if I download the game from Steam or is it something different altogether?

Sorry for being dense here, but I've had FM2013 pre-ordered for a while and I got an email today saying my BETA product key is ready.

Could somebody tell me what that means. I've not got the physical copy of the game. Does it mean I can play it if I download the game from Steam or is it something different altogether?

This might help you.

Load up steam, enter the code and you can download the beta and play.

Getting a physical copy these days is pointless (unless you have slow or limited downloads) as the game is played through steam and the final files you need to play the game are downloaded and not included on the disc. With the pre-load option you actually waste time waiting for the box to arrive and then you have to do it all through steam anyway.

I suspect when you download the beta, you wont even need the physical copy as the beta automatically updates to the full game on release day. SI would have to confirm this though.

Archived