Advice

LJ_

i posted this in the RM thread a week ago but there was no response from anyone... i think that thread is dead, so i'll post here again

i'm in the second season now and here's my team:

Casillas

Ramos, Cannavaro/Sidnei (4.5M)/garay (10.2M), Pepe, Marcelo/Drenthe

Veloso (5.5M. what a revelation), Diarra/Gago/Zapater (7M)

Robben/Robinho, Raul/Thiago Nevas (10M)/Sneidjer, Sneidjer/Robben

Van Nistelrooy

Other backups:

Marko Marin (900K)

Adrian (8M)

Guti

De la red (2.8M buyback... he is actually very good)

Higuain

Migel Torres

and a few others

i got rid of saviola (10.25M to espanyol) and Heinze (12M to sevilla)... currently looking to sign cristiano ronaldo, huntelaar and van der vaart (not sure if i reli need him tho)... though it seems unlikely if manU will sell and huntelaar and VDV are too expensive in imo... just wondering if anyone can recommend another striker who dun mind to be a sub but can come on and score goals (i'm also targetting lisandro lopez and pavlychenko, are they any good?) can anyone recommend a striker who will fit in my lone striker system (preferably someone good in the air and is clinical in front of goal, just like RVN). Is there any position which i should prolly look into strengthening?

thanks

Try and get a new Left back, Marcelo is crap there, although its under his Natural position he's a better left winger, also try to get either Cardozo, Cavani or Bendter if you can. They are all awesome Target men, Cavani might not look that good at the moment but he develops brilliantly. Oh yeah for a left back try Pander, i think he plays for Shalke, really good player.

Your defence looks weakest imo. A new left back in the Chiellini mould is essential, as well as a new right back. Although you do have Miguel Torres who will provide good backup for both of these positions. Cannavaro needs replacing, however Garay and Pepe can slot straight in as No. 1 centre backs. Maybe look at signing a relatively young, established, centre back such as Raul Albiol or Alexis otherwise Samba is a well-known, cheap and quality centre-back.

Your striker problem requires no money to correct, providing you haven't sold Roberto Soldado, who is a tailor-made RVN replacement.

thanks for all the feedback.

from what i have seen, My defence was pretty solid last season. Maybe that's because i got Diarra and veloso providing cover infront of the back four. Despite cannavaro's age, he did fine for me last season. Having said that, i signed Sidnei and Garay for the future. I'm not sure if they are up to it for the coming season. Should i sign another CB? if so, any ideas?

As for Marcelo, i have heard a lot of bad things about him as a left back, but honestly i think he didnt do too bad for me last season. btw, is drenthe gonna be a good left back in the future? or he is another winger, like marcelo?

It seems i got too many players atm... dunno if i can afford getting another defender or two.

btw, is soldado really good? he was really sh*t last season... never looked a threat to the opponents up front. Should i keep or sell him?

and guilherme? which one? the LB or AM/FC?

Soldado comes good about three seasons in. I'm playing as Atletico and he is top scorer in la liga almost every year now so i'd definately persevere. If you need a replacement for RVN straight away then i'd try Adebayor, but if he's too expensive then look at players like Ciprian Marica ro Giampaolo Pazzini. The Guilherme 'MadboyUK' is referring is most probably the AMC/FC from Cruzeiro, who would definately be a good signing all be it a replacement for Raul rather than RVN. Drenthe will never become a top class left back, and therefore i would definitely concentrate on bringing in a world class left back.

Archived