Training help

As I have now started to try and make my own tactics instead of downloading them, I am now wanting to go even deeper into the game and start doing my own training, but my problem is where do I start.

Now I must confess that the last game I did my own training on was CM01/02 and have not even looked at the screen in FM12 ( apart from to upload downloaded schedule's and to implement them to my squad ).

I have read a few posts on here and there are a lot of varied reasons behind why people do their training the way they do so I would like to start this discussion thread for people to explain what they do and why so to help me understand how training works in FM12 and to help me create my own.

Actually the default schedules are not that bad in my opinion but creating your own will make a difference. I create one for each position with focus on key areas for that position. As an example a CB will have more strength training where a fullback will have more aerobic training. Some people go even further by creating schedules for individual players but personally I don't see the need. If however I thought a player needed a specific schedule I will create one but that is very rare. Every schedule I make is at the highest notch of medium on the intensity sliders and this keeps my players fit but improving.

A good place to start would be creating a clone from the pre-sets and altering slightly to make positional schedules. This is exactly how I started and I've never felt the need to implement anyone elses schedules. I'm sure I could improve my training by copying someone but I want the satisfaction of doing it all myself.

Archived