big sams 4-4-1-1/direct/percentage football

Hi all, I am trying to recreate the type of football Sam Allardyce plays into football manager. I used fm editor to have a look at Allardyces style of play etc. This is what I found

aoxhl3.jpg

Now based on that I created this tactic and using these instructions

aw44uc.jpg

2w4l2cj.jpg

efpa9i.jpg

individual instructions being

GK defend

FB automatic

CB limited defender/defend

ML/MR wide midfielder/attack

MCd central midfielder/defemder

MCa central midfielder/support

AMC attacking midfielder/support

ST target man/ support

Now after some advice on here I was recommended that maybe my centre midfield pairing could be set up box to box/support and ball winning midfielder/defend. What concerned me with this was that they would stray too far out of position and leave my defense too exposed.

Was also recommnded to take off the tempo setting so that I wasent playing too fast along with having either my AMC or STRIKER on an attack mentailty.

Mixed focus passing was suggested too but as Big Sam doesnt seem to play that way.

Other little niggly things were suggested like wingers and amc mentality incresed, have lots of creative freedom and through balls on main attacking players and target man settings "play to head" but of these im not totally confident of implementing these.

Does anyone have advice on the advice I have been given and how I could improve this tactic?

the TT&F 10 version had tactical ideas on there, and suggested that he played the following:

4-5-1

GK - Goalkeeper - Defend

DR - Full Back - Auto

DC - Central Defender - Cover

DC - Central Defender - Stopper

DL - Full Back - Auto

DM - Anchorman - Defend

MC - Advanced Playmaker - Attack

MC - Central Midfielder - Support

AMR - Defensive Winger - Attack

AML - Defensive Winger - Attack

ST - Target Man - Support

with a very rigid, direct, disciplined, pressing, aggressive tackling, man marking, floating crossing, sticking to position system

in other words pretty similar to what you have got

Archived