Replacements for Afonso Alves and Luis Jimenez

AcidBurn

My girlfriend is playing a Birmingham and is currently 7th in Jan of the 3rd season. Some big clubs are sniffing around Jimenez, Roma and Barca have offered £23 million but I will try to negoiate it higher. He is by far the best player in the team this season he has played 23 scored 15 has 20 assists and an average rating of 7.87.

Is there anybody worthy of replacing him?

We have some good strikers in Uche who scores load, Gregory Thil who is getting on a bit and Zarate who plays up front of on the right of 3 AMC. Alves is only worth £5.5 million but has said he wants to leave 3 times in the past 2 weeks. If he goes she will have around £50 million to spend on a striker and a decent AMC, obviously it would be better if we could buy some for less than what we sell for.

Any ideas?

Really depends on how you've done in the first 2 seasons and which player would want to come to you really.

Jimenez is a quality player and although you can find better players than him, most of them are unlikely to want to come to B'ham. And they'll cost a bit as well even if they do agree. You can look for players like Guilherme, Nasri, Matias Fernandez, Toni Kroos etc to fill the void left by him.

Strikers, Uche and Zarate are both good as you said. If you play 1 upfront, you should be fine with them and Thil really. You can look to get a youngster in I suppose. Players like Prudnikov, Stancu, Zeefuik, Frazier Campbell etc.

Just look around for players rotting in the reserves, those on the transfer list, those whose contracts are expiring etc and you'll find plenty.

Archived