Doncaster in the Championship - 2009-10

OK. I'm Doncaster; it's the summer before the start of the 09-10 season. I was promoted from L1 in second place in the first season, and finished in the Championship mid-table in 08-09. Never in any danger of either promotion or relegation, which I was quite pleased with.

I was mainly playing my own version of a 4-4-2, though switched this to a modified Fiora or 4-1-4-1 for easier or harder games.

I have about £400k left to spend, and about £30k spare wages. I can pay up to £14k/wk for a key player.

So here are the permanent players in my current squad:

GK - Bart Deelkens, Gabir Kiraly

DR - Ibrahim Tall, Radoslav Zabavnik

DL - Ivaylo Petkov, Andreas Ibertsberger

DC - Peter Mate, Zesh Rehman, Sam Sodje, Aleksander Rajkevic, Miral Samardzic

(D)MC - Konrad Golos, Brian Kerr, Ferne Snoyl, Jordy Zuidam,

(A)MR - Emanuel Galun, Sibusiso Dlamini, Mantas Savenas

(A)ML - Coelho, Jaroslav Cerny

AMC - Danny Murphy, Atanas Kurdov

ST - Anastasios Agritis, Todor Kolev, Chico, Alexander Rondon

Full Squad Pt 1

Full Squad Pt 2

These show loan players and triallists.

I don't want to sell Mate, but he moaned when I refused an offer for him and is now being mardy. I've already been forced to sell my best attacking player of last year, Martin Kerchev, for around £800k + 25%, and Mate was just as good in defence. I've therefore listed him at £1.3m + 25% to see if that works. If not, Eller (triallist) will stay on.

I've been toying with the idea of a 4-2-3-1 formation, but with Kerchev gone I'd need another quality AMC I reckon.

So, who should I go for / get rid of / loan / etc. All suggestions appreciated.

Got Spain running?

Do a search for 'Dani Abalo'. Starts at Celta B.

I paid £1.3M in the summer to sign him from Swansea (where he arrived for £300k via Albacete).

Apologies for the slightly small picture, but he's awesome; http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=daniabalogh8.jpg

Originally posted by displaced_seagull:

Got Spain running?

Do a search for 'Dani Abalo'. Starts at Celta B.

I paid £1.3M in the summer to sign him from Swansea (where he arrived for £300k via Albacete).

Apologies for the slightly small picture, but he's awesome; http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=daniabalogh8.jpg

Yes; I've got a small db but then I've loaded nearly every EU country. Only playing the top 4 English divisions.

Well, you have been a stunning success. Regardless of that, I will continue with the thread. For the non-existant person who cares, here is what has gone on with the team to date.

Anyway, the August transfer window has just concluded, so here is what I have been left with.

Squad Pt 1 - Sept 2009

Squad Pt 2 - Sept 2009

I sold 3 of my major players from last season - Kerchev, Radkevic and Samardzic - for a combined £2.9m, plus 20%. Didn't really want to but the offers were too good. Mate has also had bids, which I negotiated and he turned down, but he's now unhappy at not being allowed to move. Glad he stayed - he got 12 goals from corners last year, for one thing.

Archived