Want my Tottenham team to be more rugged(ooh err)-

Hi all. So, i'm Spurs. Basically, I want to create a team that is;

Disciplined

Aggressive

Defensively tight

Direct/fast counter attacking

A complete unit.

So, something like Jose would create. I'm not interested in pretty football at all to be honest, never been a fan of the beautiful game and would rather sneak a 1-0 than a 5-1. The thing is, I don't know how to set the team up so we are a tight unit who can deflect any attack and hit them with a succinct counter attack or a scrappy goal. I'd also like to play a narrow formation, something like a narrow 4-3-3(or rather in FM terms- 4-3-2-1, but definitely a 3-man midfield).

My squad is as follows, with my preferred 1st teamers bolded;

Friedel, Gomes, Cudicini

Walker, Corluka

Kaboul, Dawson, Bassong, Gallas, King

Ekotto

Sandro, Huddlestone, Modric, Parker

Lennon, Bale, Kranjcar, Pienaar, Dos Santos, Iago

Adebayor, Defoe, Pavlyuchenko

Van Der Vaart, Kranjcar,

Can anyone give me some help here? Clues as to how I set them up so i'm hard to beat etc?

I second this thread. Always wanted to create a tactic like this. Mourinho, O'Neill.. even Allardyce esque. Wolves have very much started the season playing like this, but in the last 10/15 minutes sat and kept the ball. Never managed to get it going successfully though. Would love a 4-4-2 and 4-5-1/4-3-3 to switch between.

So far all I have is Rigid philosophy (I toy with Very Rigid for the very tough games).

Strategy wise I’m still not sure how this works, I mean this is where Match preparation should be got rid of IMO. For example teams will constantly change their outlook on games, weekly – you do this in FM 11 and according the MP screen your players haven’t a clue. Thats why i tend to ignore the screen, leave my assistant in charge and pretend it doesn’t exist because i hate the invention of it, all it does is encourage plug and play, nothing wrong with that but at least on 10 you had the option between plug and play and a tweaking game.

Passing style, default

Creative Freedom, more disciplined.

Closing down, press more.

Tackling, more aggressive

Marking, default

Crossing, default

Roaming, stick to position

Its the advanced instructions i could do with help, also the shouts i would like to be able to utilise more. In a way only do my tweaks through that. Hope this thread gets going as a number of times i have got threads asking this kind of question and never really got going.

Archived