problems with training schedules

I have designed a few training schedules looking to target the key aspects for each position but I have players regularly saying they feel the workload is too high. On all the schedules the overall workload is at the high end of the medium. Does anyone have a link to a good set of schedules or advice on designing them?

Players will whinge if they are unprofessional, lazy or undetermined. The high end of medium is fine for professional, determined, hard-working players. Quite often just telling players to stop complaining and get on with it works if they are borderline, particularly if you are a high rep manager. If it doesn't then you'll either have to redesign your schedules to be less intensive or get rid of the player/s in question. I'd be extremely inclined to take the 2nd option.

I only tend to push high training workloads onto those players who will benefit, namely developing players with a good work ethic. Matured players won't need so much training as they've pretty much peaked, it's just a question of tweaking. Young players who don't want to work don't stay at the club.

Archived