bloody throw in and free kick settings... pls help

hi guys,

just won the cl with my tottenham side in my 2nd season 3-2 against real madrid, but what really disturbed me was, that both goals came through a counter attack, when I had a freekick from a very good range and throw in in real madrids third. even though ive 3 players stay back, the flanks are just uncovered and always when the ball came back from the wall or when someone of real headed it out, they just played the ball to the flanks and the quick wingers went through. could you pls give me some pieces of advice, how I should set up throw in and attacking freekicks?

would be nice :)

A thought would be to make sure that the fullbaks stay back trough not letting them take the throw in and not letting them go forward. Preferably with a center back as well to make sure the fullbacks can cover the flanks while the centreback takes the middle. Perhaps not the most efficient way and you do lose a bit power in the penalty area with one centreback staying back, but I've used that sometimes and feel it gives you good cover at the back making sure they can't counter with more players than you've got in defence.

Archived