The British way of playing 41221

Dear football manager forum,

for 1.5 years I'm trying to create a successful tactic with my favourite formation, the so called "Barca 4-3-3".

In contrast to Barcelona, me myself prefer a much quicker and more direct style of play. My aim is to win the ball as quickly as possible, in order to attack with pace and in majority. Therefore, I prefer to have players with high work rate, especially in midfield.

Since I'm playing with a high D-Line, its very important, to have at least one quick cb, who can cover well. The full backs do need to have pace, good positioning, marking and tackling. If they have good offensive attributes like crossing and off the ball movement, then its very positive for your attacking play. In my system they are acting like shadow wingers, when my original wingers cut inside, my full backs have a lot of space on the flanks and thats, why I want them to run with ball a lot, so that they can bring crosses from the byline into the very crowded opposition box. Even though Ekotto isnt the most special full back, he achieved 8 assists. Im sure, it will work much better with quality fullbacks.

My dmc is not only someone, who can destroy and defend, but hes much more the connection between my defence and midfield. Even though he doesnt need to have the creativity of Xabi Alonso or Xavi, he must still be able to play the easy pass to the much more creative players upfront him. Ive been using Huddlestone and Sandro with a huge success.

The left mc is my advanced playmaker, but playing a bit more defensive and roaming arround to offer passing options and to support my dmc in the build up play. He tends to make late runs. Ive been using Modric and Cairney in this position and had good results with them.

The right mc is one of my most important players in this formation. Hes really everything. Hes the scnd striker, driving forward, hes my aggressive ball winning midfielder, who closes down almost the whole pitch and makes aggressive challenges, in order to put the opposition cbs on pressure, so that they have to make a long ball instead of building up the game slowly from behind. He's set as a box to box midfielder with some tweaks. But my interpretation is much more a creative ball winning midfielder with good offensive attributes. Irl I can only think of players like Toure Yaya, Fellaini and Michael Essien. I like those type of players, who combine physical strenghts with offensive flair. Its very important, that you have a good player in this position. He needs to be aggressive, has to possess high work rate, must be able to win challenges in the air and the most important thing, he must have a high off the ball movement, since he makes a lot of runs from deeper positions. Fellaini was playing very successfully in his first season for me. I'm pretty sure, that his stats would have looked much better, when I had played much earlier with this tactic.

My wingers were Bale, Lennon and Willian. They are all much more natural wingers, who are quick, can dribble well and make good crosses into the box. Its pretty important, that the wingers can cross, since I have always at least 3 players waiting in the box. You can also play with inverted wingers, which ends up with much more goal threatening from the wingers, but I prefer the British way of football, in which the wingers run down the flanks and then cross from byline into the box.

I played with two different types of strikers. I had Lukaku, who was the big, strong guy, but also possessed some pace and Kevin Gameiro, who is a very little pacey poacher. Had success with both of them, but prefered much more Lukaku, since hes also good in the air and its a real threat, when bale or lennon run down the lines, make crosses and you have two monsters with Lukaku and Fellaini, who are just waiting for that ball.

Unfortunately, the tactic, which Im uploading now, has been used in the last 10 games. I was working on this tactic the whole season, but was always a bit unhappy with some results, especially with the possession percentage and clear cut chances. had also the feeling, that its quite unconstant. now Im sure, that this is finally the tactic, I was trying to create the whole time. Im really excited, how the stats of my players will look like, when Ive played a whole season with this tactic.

Its not a hyper world class tactic like Mr. Houghs, where success is guaranteed. Ive only tested it with Tottenham and its also not the type of tactic, which produces 5-6 ccc each game. its very variable and you will notice yourself, that you find goals from different angles and situations. since I play with some width and natural wingers, it's very important to have some big guys, as you produce so much corners, when opposition fullbacks try to defend the crosses of your wingers or full backs. Ive had 21 goals coming from corners. What is also important is, that you will probably see the best results, when your team gets time to gel and everything gets fluid. so please, when you test it, give your team time and wait, until everything is at least on 70%.

I dont use team talks, as I have the impression, that it has much more a negative effect than a positive. only if a player has very low morale, I tell him " I have faith or no pressure". definately no opposition instructions, since it really unbalances out your team. match preparation is team blend until everything is fluid, then at home always attacking movement with 30% and away against lower class oppositions attacking movement and against top clubs defending movement or defending set pieces.

set pieces are all up to you guys, as I feel, thats an area, I have to make some improvements, I dont want to tell other players, how they have to set.

Here are some screenshots and I would be really glad, if some of you guys would test this tactic with other teams. no matter whether top teams or lower class teams. I dont really know, how the results would look like with weaker teams, but thats the reason, why Im uploading it. Im from Germany and learned English at school. So if there might be some missunderstanding or wrong terms, then my apoligizes in advance

Have fun and luck

firsteleven.th.jpg

lpoolhome.th.jpg

manuaway.th.jpg

tablepu.th.jpg

for more screenshots http://imageshack.us/g/841/balefr.jpg/

http://www.file-upload.net/download-3595421/special451--Tottenham--Jun-2011-.tac.html

Wait, didn't i see this on another forum posted by a different user? o.0

might be fmbase ^^

it was me, but didnt get any responses and noticed, that some screenshots were not showing the players stats ;)

edit: made some defensive tweaks, changed cd of my full backs from 10 to 13 notches and gave them tight zonal marking. changed marking from the 3 midfielders from tight zonal to tight man marking and wingers do also tight zonal, but with normal tacklings instead of aggressive, since they got out of position too quickly.

first result champions league away game sevillaaway.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

scnd game with the new tweaks lpoolaway.th.jpg

played almost with my scnd eleven, both goals came due to the horrible mistakes of my young goalkeeper guilherme cardaway.th.jpg

Archived