Transfer Options In Future Football Manager's

Now I do apologise if this should have been placed in the Wishlist Thread, but I was unsure whether it should go in there or have a thread of its own. I decided to go with a thread of its own. Now to the point of it............

Right now in Football Manager there are quite a few options when making transfer deals; how the fee is payed, what bonuses the deal can bring to the selling club, players to exchange, etc, etc. But, should we not have even more options like in real life?

Quite often now we see deals done where one player will move to a club for say £5million, with another player also going on loan to the selling club for the season as part of the deal. Yet in Football Manager we do not have that option. In Italy, this is broadened out more so, with one player joining a club for a fee aswell as one, or sometimes more, players moving to the selling club in co-ownership agreements.

Also in FM we don't deals purely where players are just swapped on permanent deals. Infact in the Football Manager series I have always found it very hard to do any player exchange deals.

There are also "loan swaps", which is of course where two players will trade clubs for a season with no loan fee's involved. This happened a few years ago between Arsenal and Real Madrid, with Jose-Antonio Reyes and Julio Baptista switching sides for a season, and happens regularly in Italy. Of course in Italy they also do this in co-ownership deals aswell, where two clubs will trade 50% of the rights to a player.

A few years ago back on Championship Manager 4 I think it was, there was also a "First Option", well, option. In this sort of deal your could give another club a fee for a player, and in return you would to be given the "first option" on that player over a couple of years. If another club came in for that player you were altered to that fact and could take up your "option" to buy him if you matched the fee that had been already been offered by the other club. Given the agreement with the selling club you would get the first opportunity to speak to the player.

Another example of this has occcured in last couple of years when Manchester City loaned Robinho to Santos. As part of the deal City got the first option on a couple of Santos' young players, one of which was reported to be Paulo Henrique (Ganso).

These are ideas that should all be in Fotball Manager to my mind, given the game strives for realism and all of these are fairly common in the world of football.

Thoughts, etc, welcome.

I agree I'd like to see more options, these are some good ideas. I'd also like to see the option when making a transfer to loan the player immediately back to the selling club, this happens quite a lot when top clubs buy youngsters.

Yeah I'd also like to see the option of loaning a player back to their current club as part of a transfer deal. I'd also like to see the option of putting a clause into loan contracts that a player must play x amount of games for the loaning clubs first team. Annoys me to loan out youingster and reserve players only to find they sit in the club's reserve or youth team. Thats not why I loaned them out!!!!

Oh yeah I completely forgot about being able to loan a player straight back to the club you have bought them from. It is another option that should definitely be in the game. It isn't something that happens often in English football, but it is something I have seen plenty of in the Spanish ure about league.

I'm not stipulating how many games they should play though, considering clubs can't do that in real life.

Archived