How to create a 4-4-2/4-2-4? Really stressing out!

Hey.

I am really starting to get annoyed with playing fm as i cant seem to get my own tactics to work. Usually i use other peoples tactics but i feel it takes away from the game not making your own. I have tried using the tactics creator and it just seems to fail every time.

I am looking to make a tactic for man utd. It is the default squad. I would like to play a 4-4-2 or 4-2-2-2 (4-2-4)

Can somebody please suggest roles, duties and team instructions for a tactic such as this?

Thanks if someone can help me, kind of desperate.

I used to play this with Spurs and loved it.

DL/DR/DC/DC/MC/MC/AML/AMR/FC/FC

DL/RD - Fullback/support - no foward runs and no crossing. They only move forward enough to support play and receive back passes if needs be - this keeps the defence tight too.

DC - stardard setting

MC - standard setting support. I will usualy play around with instructions to suit the player and their PPM's

AML/AMR - depending on who was playing, either inside forward or advanced playmaker attack.... either way, you want them cutting inside.

FC/FC - Poacher and deep lying forward (ish).

I played control mostly.

Loved this formwation, great attacking and very solid in defence .... GK to distribute to which ever DL/R is best at passing. Though, be aware, this can dictate almost to whcih side of the field you will play down

Archived